Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has President Higgins overstepped the mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

I would abolish the Presidency but I know we're stuck with it. If it must exist it can only be a ceremonial role.

It's highly problematic having someone in a position of public prestige ,supposedly 'representative of the country, making statements on matters of political controversy which are at odds with the position of the government of the day.

The difficulty is that there is no obvious way of preventibg someone who is bent on creating mischief as they know thay can do it with impunity -and since the positions they take will be of a populist nature they know the majority of the public will accept if not even cheer them on. But it's a dysfunctional set-up which can generate needless tensions and make us a laughing stock . Of course the media love this -an absolute bonanza of lurid headlines falls into their lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,973 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You're apparently fine having a President who sends fawning letters to despots in Iran however - I and many others are not. Israel's guilt in other matters is completely irrelevant  to that fact.

The reason that this is being discussed on this thread is because of the Presidents recent speech where he mentioned Israel. That's a fact, so Israel is this story no matter how much you or others try to avoid that fact.

And that is what I am commenting on. I have not commented any view on him writing to Iran other than to say it is apparently pretty standard diplomatic procedure.

But some people will never pass up a chance to kick out at anything that is seen as Leftist or Liberal and so Michael D is once again in the firing line. I get that, but this ambivalence and dismissal of the role Israel has played in his sentiment and view is nauseating.

See my last post.

We're only discussing this because of the Israel angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Do you agree with the president writing letters to the Iranian president?

since the positions they take will be of a populist nature they know the majority of the public will accept

I think it is a good thing to have someone represent the country who can do so from a position more in tune with the majority of the public and without being constrained by what is the ultimate in 'Political Correctness'. Israel used fake Irish passports for its operatives to enter Dubai and murder someone. They are in no position to try to dictate to Ireland what is and what isn't appropriate behaviour.

• Advertisement

I'm indifferent to it. I'm sure there are procedural elements to the role or practices that are maintained.

There's no shortage of countries in the world that you could find a reason to 'not' engage with them if you wanted to. If Nethanyahu got removed and a new Israeli PM was elected next week, I wouldn't have an issue with Higgins writing a similar letter to them (if this isn't a President to President type thing that is done).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Caquas

Michael D. has only himself to blame for the utter confusion he has caused (which seems to be in his head) and the ridicule he has earned.

Here's the video of his first press conference. 

https://media.mediahuisvideo.be/hls/account=wY9sDZ8A_KcS/item=chpMkr3JBnMQ/version=202409222103_3/chpMkr3JBnMQ.m3u8?v=20240922210318_2

The President was asked a straight question - "Did you write to Nicolás Maduro congratulating him on his election?". He ducked and dodged for so long, the journalist gave up and referred to his letter to the Iranian which was criticised by some FG backbenchers. The President interrupted the journalist to say "Why don't you ask me where it came from" which naturally confused the journalist, who asks "the letter?", and the President says, "No, the criticism, how the letter was circulated by whom and for what purpose". Obviously, this was another diversionary tactic by a President who never gives a straight answer. He then waffled on about developments in Iran (no mention of weapons for Russia or Hamas/Hezbollah/Houthis of course) until the journalist manages to get a question in edgeways "what are your suspicions about the letter leaking?" (a perfectly reasonable interpretation of his cryptic comments). Then, the President jumps the shark - "That's for you to find out" - and another journalist (in disbelief!) says "why don't you just tell us" and the President says "The Israeli Embassy". When asked how the Israelis got hold of the letter, the President says "I have no idea". Naturally the journalists understood from that remark that the Israelis had obtained the letter surreptitiously which also implied that they had leaked it.

So we have the President blaming the Israelis for circulating his letter which the Iranians posted on X, and then, (re-enacting millennia of Jewish history) he blames them for defending themselves against the "leaking" libel which he helped propagate. And now his defenders here are shooting the (media) messengers. 

The video of yesterday's "fiery" press conference shows a car-crash where every journalists is incensed by his dodging and ducking. "Please just address the questions".

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/president-michael-d-higgins-says-it-was-improper-for-israel-to-comment-on-his-letter-to-president-of-iran/a2122835679.html

He gets to waffle on endlessly as a prerogative of his office but the UN General Assembly had enough of him after 5 minutes of his practised outrage. He is horrified that global military expenditure increased last year "by 6.8% to "$2.44 Billion". That is almost as much as the cost of our National Children's Hospital🤯. (Of course he should have said $2.44 Trillion but what's an extra couple trillion dollars when you are on Michael D. plane of consciousness?)

So you would be indifferent if the president wrote a congratulations letter to Putin when he was re-elected I presume?

Iran support hezbollah who have killed Irish soldiers on peace keeping duties.
    Yet you see no issue that our president wrote a congratulations letter to the Iranian president.

I have no objection in principle to our President writing to his Iranian counterpart but I am horrified by the mealy mouthed substance of his letter, and especially all that he left unsaid.Not a hint of concern about this appalling regime.

He makes great play of his feminism in Ireland but when it comes to Iran - lash away, boys!

Nuclear weapons? Good luck, you’re almost there!

Or those drones murdering civilians in Ukraine? Fire ahead! And of course Hezbollah/Hamas/Houthis - heroes and martyrs!

Those are the implicit messages which the Iranians received. That’s why the letter was posted on the Iranian Embassy account.

Or do you think he just chose to stay silent in the face of all these horrors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Think it is standard protocol stuff. Whoever was in the job would have done the same.

Given the Iranian president has a track record on dealing with Communists that would make General Pinochet blush it was surprising he was so effervescent but that's part of it too.

His mad conspiracy, dementia rant? about the Jews being behind it, that was just off the wall.

Even if it is standard protocol, if he wants to make a stand for anything, surely he should be refusing to congratulate the Iranian president at the same time as condemning the Israelis.

It’s hardly standard protocol that he sent a letter to Putin congratulating him on his re-election?
    If it is- that’s just insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

So we can assume from his waffle that he has indeed written his congratulations to Maduro. Is MDH planning something dodgy come next election like one of his penpals?

🙈🙉🙊

Let me clear once again, I am commenting on this thread because the furore that was raised when he criticized Israel. I have already said I'm indifferent to the letter he wrote to Iran. But to answer your question, would I be indifferent if he wrote to Putin? No. Putin is demonstably responsible for death and suffering and war.

When did this happen? Do you think Ireland should not have any diplomatic interactions with Iran because of this? For how long? Michael D welcome the Queen of England and head of the British Empire to the Aras, should he not have done so? In your view?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

The only Israeli angle is utter bullssh1t from Higgins.

He made some tool of himself, and therefore the country, at UN interview; an utter embarrassment.

By some distance our worst president

There was no mention of Israel in the post which you ridiculed for suggesting the President might resign. It is absurd of you to link that issue with Lebanon and Gaza.

Though you are echoing the President - this whole debacle began when he used the Israeli Embassy to deflect a question about his letter to Iran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

So because you disagree with Israel's policy in Gaza, it's acceptable for President Higgins to wrongly accuse their ambassador of something else entirely? Would it be ok if he had wrongly accused, say Ukraine of leaking a letter he had "secretly" written to Putin, or is that different because you like Ukraine?

Secondly: never mind the country, do you really think it's acceptable for the president, whose role is ceremonial, to bring his personal opinions to play in international affairs? Shouldn't the government decide whether or not the president should write to the Iranian president, and if so, whether or not that should be made public?

Otherwise our foreign policy is decided by an elected monarch, not by the government.

(And one thing the British parliament is very touchy over is their monarch overstepping his role and fgetting into politics. Yet you're happy for Ireland, where the people are supposedly sovereign, to be LESS democratic than the UK?)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

So you’d be annoyed if MDH sent a letter of congrats to putin because he is responsible for “death and suffering and war”

But your not annoyed with MDH for sending a letter to the Iranian president whose country is responsible for death and suffering and war.

Do you not see a bit of hypocrisy on your end here no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭tjhook

I don't like MDH's politics. He doesn't represent me. But the Irish citizenry decided to make him president, and that's what we have. He's not the first Irish president to enter the political arena as president. I'm happy enough to roll my eyes every time he embarrasses me. I wonder if his supporters will do the same when somebody on the other side of the political spectrum is elected? For some reason I doubt it 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Yep, it will be interesting to see what the posters supporting MDH make of the prognostications of President Conor A McGregor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭myfreespirit

Thankfully, that situation will never arise. The only time Mr McGregor will see the inside of Áras an Uachtarán is if he is invited to some shindig there, or maybe if he takes one of the guided tours.

Слава Україн– Glóir don Úcráin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

It’s only 6 years since a candidate got 20% of the vote for making a remark about Travellers. We are a different country now. Imagine a well funded campaign with the might of the twatterverse behind it. I can’t believe Trump got elected either.

If they are clever enough it will be someone a bit more electable than CMG and I wouldn’t rule it out.

His “just normal protocol” lie is transparently false but his supporters cling to it.

So one more time - yes, it is normal protocol to write letters of congratulations to a foreign leader after an election. But it is entirely unprecedented to write a cringe-worthy letter praising a brutal, terrorist regime without even a hint of our concerns. No other leader of a free country would dream of writing that tripe to the Ayatollahs. Definitely not Trump, still less Orban. No one but our very own egomaniac would write this dangerous nonsense.

I say it is unprecedented but I have a sinking feeling our President has been sucking up to other horrible dictators. Listen to him dodge the first question about Maduro who has turned Venezuela into a basket-case and stole the election. He has only himself to blame if people believe he did write a sycophantic letter to that thug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

In a way have to admire the posters consistency. Most of the Hamas/Hezbollah sympathisers just change subject when Iran comes up but he is sticking to the bit of blaming Israel no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Trump got elected because he promised what people wanted. Tax breaks,gun ownership and abortion bans. It may work again.

Poor old McGregor or anyone similar can't deliver anything only embarrassment.

No Irish President has behaved like Michael D.

None have kow-towed to dictators (Fidel, my hero!), none have tried to run their own foreign policy, none have launched frontal attacks on government policy. Because all his predecessors read the Constitution and know that, almost without exception, they can only act on the advice of the government.

The problem is our Government won’t stand up to him and now we have this fiasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Higgins is just a bit of a bolløcks tbh. It’s a shame Enda Kenny has no interest in running. Now that would be a lad for a good day in Croke Park, opening a new school, hoovering back a few pints with the US President, shaking hands, going to funerals etc.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Higgins has created a political president, we should remember this when we are told during the next presidential election that the president is non-political.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

We have a senile old man as president who hasn’t yet realised that it is now 2024 not 1974 and the world changed and his buddies in USSR and China and Middle East all went full metal Nazi since

Shame on him for politicising the office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭bluedex

Aside from anyone's views on the rights or wrongs on his letters to dictators, MDH has made himself look petulant and foolish. He's perceived as being an idiot by our international partners, and perception is key.

The quicker his term is over, the better.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

There will be long-term damage to our country from his fiasco in New York.

We are heading for a Constitutional crisis unless the Government asserts its prerogatives vis a vis the Aras. It will be the reverse of the previous crisis where President O Dalaigh resigned because he was insulted by the FG Minister for Defence (and Paddy Hillery had to spend 14 years as a Trappist monk to expiate the sins of his political opponents 😥). Now we have the President flatly contradicting the Taoiseach on the most sensitive political issues (housing and migration) as a general election looms. But not a hint of criticism for the Ayatollahs!.

The Constitution is explicit -

Article 13.9 The powers and functions conferred on the President by this Constitution shall be exercisable and performable by him only on the advice of the Government, save where it is provided by this Constitution that he shall act in his absolute discretion or after consultation with or in relation to the Council of State, or on the advice or nomination of, or on receipt of any other communication from, any other person or body.

The only substantive provision in the Constitution which allows the President to act on his absolute discretion is

Article 13.2.2° The President may in his absolute discretion refuse to dissolve Dáil Éireann on the advice of a Taoiseach who has ceased to retain the support of a majority in Dáil Éireann.

This power has never been used. He may also appoint up to 7 members of the Council of State at his absolute discretion.

The only meaningful power the President can exercise on the advice of the Council of State is to refer a Bill to the Supreme Court in order to test its constitutionality.

So the Constitution is clear. The President has no power to act except on "the advice of the Government" (with a couple of exceptions not relevant here). In effect, Dev got rid of the British constitutional monarchy but filled the resulting constitutional gap with an elected figurehead to occupy the Vice-Regal Lodge. "On the advice of the Government" is a British euphemism for saying to the Sovereign - "do nothing unless we tell you to"

Above all, the President has no power to direct Irish foreign policy which is expressly reserved to the Government in Article 29. He doesn't even have the right to travel abroad without the express consent of the Government (remember Bertie's dash to the Park in 2007 which Mary McAleese was off to the States! 🤣)

The Presidential election next year will be an ideal opportunity to clarify the proper role of the President. Sadly, we will get a procession of clowns pretending they can solve all our problems (houses in the Phoenix Park and an A&E ward in the Áras!). But even worse, we have a Government which is willing to lie and prevaricate in order to propitiate our President as he tramples over the Constitution.

If people want a more powerful President, let's have a referendum (careful what you wish for!).

@Caquas even still do we not have a situation where even by a speech the President is clearly a political role.

For example President Higgins has appointed his 7 members of the Council of State, even that is a political decision and is political motivated.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

we have a Government which is willing to lie and prevaricate in order to propitiate our President as he tramples over the Constitution.

This is what they have to do to ward off the aforementioned constitutional crisis

We are heading for a Constitutional crisis unless the Government asserts its prerogatives vis a vis the Aras.

How in practice could the government do this if the president is not prepared to 'wind his neck in' of his own volition?

I am sure the Taoiseach could arrange a meeting with the President, it doesn't have to be done publicly, he could pick up the phone. Go to the Aras, would the public need to know? Do they meet on a weekly basis? If that does not work then a government has to act, do they just sit there doing nothing?

______

Yesterday

And what? Issue him a stern warning? It's not like Michael D has forgotten who he is or the constututional limits of his role; he knows exactly what he is doing…

• Advertisement

Well then it is up to the government to call him out publicly, though its unlikely that they will in the run up to an election.

______

Yesterday

Well then it is up to the government to call him out publicly

As soon as they start on that road at all, IMO we're into Donegan/O'Dalaigh territory, and it's hard to see a way out other than by MDH's resignation or impeachment

though its unlikely that they will in the run up to an election.

Yeah well this is the context: with both the government and MDH coming to the end of their terms, he figures he can get away with pushing thev envelope hard…

No, the Government's lies and prevarication in defence of the President will only postpone the conflict until it reaches crisis proportions.

The Taoiseach is required to meet regularly with the President but, like his predecessors, he has decided not to insist that Michael D. abides by his constitutional role. Of course, the Taoiseach must be biting his tongue when he hears Michael D. berating him about issues for which the President has no responsibility, especially with a general election in the offing. And that horrible letter to the Iranians is an open goal for the Government but they have decided to kick for touch again.

Both FG and FF reckon it would damage them electorally to challenge Michael D. Of course, many FG and FF supporters would be delighted if the Taoiseach stood up to our preening President but the British fixed our electoral system to prevent the emergence of a dominant national majority. So now the Government parties must pander to his supporters in hopes of winning those vital third or fourth preferences - the Blueshirts will never get a No. 1 from them!. Simon went to the 14th count in Wicklow last time - he can't afford to alienate any voter!

he has decided not to insist that Michael D. abides by his constitutional role.

Both FG and FF reckon it would damage them electorally to challenge Michael D.

This is where we differ; I don't believe there is a mechanism for the government to 'slap down' a 'rogue' president in the way you propose here without immediately pushing the country into an O'Dalaigh/Donegan-type faceoff…

So unless Harris & Martin want to push that nuclear button they have to keep pussyfooting around Michael D's envelope-pushing in the manner you deride…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

A lot of dramatic waffle there to be honest. "Crisis proportions" 😂

A constituency is never going to throw out a sitting Taoiseach so his previous election result is irrelevant. Naïve.

Michael D will go down as one of the best and most popular presidents ever. If that annoys you, tough cookie. Build a bridge.

FG fans are just bitter that they have never had a candidate elected president. Never.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Michael D will go down as one of the best and most popular presidents ever. If that annoys you, tough cookie. Build a bridge.

Seriously? Popular maybe but so are FF & FG. 🙄
    Best? Give us a break……

A clueless response, Cluedo.

It takes a brass neck to accuse me of waffling and then ignore all of my constitutional arguments. But at least it's clear you have nothing to say on the fundamental issues - like the President had nothing to say about lashing women in Iran or a long list of other unpleasant realities.

I'm not the naive one here if you claim that Simon Harris doesn't care about transfers. He needed a lot of them to get elected on the 14th. count last time. How humiliating if the Taoiseach repeats that performance in a few months (weeks?) time! In the past, Taoisigh got elected on the first count - often with twice the quota. There was a popular mandate for ya! Not the inexplicable insider switcheroo that turned the least effective Minister into the Taoiseach just in time for the elections.

You say Michael D. is the best/most popular President? Do you not prefer Mary Robinson? Or Mary McAleese? Or Erskine Childers? (Or do you mean Michael D. would make it into your top 10?🤣).

His supporters simply refuse to look at his record. Did you like his letter to Fidel's iron-fist brother Raúl? Even more effusive than the one to the Ayatollahs. What about his trip to Vietnam and their Communist dictators? More silence - truth to power is not for Michael D. with his dictator buddies - he reserves that for our democratic government. We will never see his other letters to the world's dictators.

Who is the real Michael D.? He is not the cuddly old leprechaun his supporters love.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Harris was elected on the 14th count cause they ran 3 candidates in a 5 seater that they could at best get 2 seats in which was a bit silly. They still nearly got two due to good voter management - FG got comfortable the most votes in that constituency at 25.8%. Harris is under no risk whatsoever and that is not going to be crossing his mind at all.

I suspect he doesn't get in an argument with Higgins because it is simply a headache he could do without at this point in both their tenures. I think Higgins was been slowly but very clearly getting worse and worse in his second term, but it's almost over so the constitutional hassle simply isn't worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mary Mac probably gets the best prize. All of them are fairly ineffectual anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

More dramatic waffle. Constitutional arguments 😂. Please see my previous response.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

We don't differ on much. I agree that there is no easy way to resolve this conflict but the Taoiseach and Tánaiste should not abase themselves by conniving in his lies and deflections. They should have nipped his misbehaviour in the bud e.g. his letter the Raul Castro should have been the last that did not go through the Taoiseach's Department and our Embassies.

They should have stood up for the Constitutional order and said e.g. "I didn't see the President's letter before it was published by the Cuban Embassy. It does not represent Irish policy towards Cuba. The Government have now advised the President in accordance with Article 13 of the Constitution that all his future correspondence with foreign leaders should be approved by the Minister for Foreign Affairs and transmitted via our Embassy."

If Michael D. defied that edict e.g. sent that letter to the Iranians, he would be on very thin ice constitutionally and politically. I never met anyone serious who thinks the President should direct Irish foreign policy but many of his supporters seem to think he should be unaccountable and above all restraints.

But now, Michael D. has a trump card. He has less than a year to go and I don't think he has a dog in the fight at the next election. The Taoiseach and Tánaiste have decided to take their beatings with the aim of getting someone biddable back in the Aras next year. The problem is that no candidate next year will admit to wanting a more restricted role i.e. in line with the constitution.

Impeachment is the formal process for dealing with a President who is guilty of "stated misbehaviour" (which could include acting outside the Constitution) but that is a non-runner for many reasons (or one simple reason - our politicians!) The Government could put the squeeze on the President in various other ways e.g. block all the President's foreign travel but it is too late with Michael D.

I admit that there are grey areas here but the President has definitely overstepped any and every mark (to answer the question in this thread). Sooner or later there will be a blow-up between the Government and the Áras.

Paddy Hillery cleaned up after O'Dalaigh v. Donegan by taking a vow of silence which was excessively restrictive. Remember when Haughey blocked Mary Robinson from speaking on the BBC Dimbleby Lectures? That was a pyrrhic victory for the Taoiseach and he backed off afterwards. Or her handshake with Gerry Adams? Robinson was right to assert herself against Haughey's strictures but, as a lawyer, she also respected the Constitutional limits and worked at building good relations with four Taoisigh. Pity Michael D. hasn't more respect for the law.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/robinson-says-her-most-difficult-encounters-as-president-were-with-charles-haughey-1.229570

Michael D. has a trump card. He has less than a year to go and I don't think he has a dog in the fight at the next election. The Taoiseach and Tánaiste have decided to take their beatings with the aim of getting someone biddable back in the Aras next year. The problem is that no candidate next year will admit to wanting a more restricted role i.e. in line with the constitution.

Unless Martin himself? Could see him running on a 'back to presidential basics' ticket, take Paddy Hillery as his loedstar…

President has definitely overstepped any and every mark (to answer the question in this thread). Sooner or later there will be a blow-up between the Government and the Áras.

Michael D is canny enough, or thinks he is, to avoid pushing things to crisis point. For the rest of his term he will continue to go right up to the line without (intentionally) stepping over it. And then in his bestselling memoir he can claim as his legacy extending the boundaries of the office…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

His letter to the Sinosa cartel will be Ableeding1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭volchitsa

But there is no "Israel angle". Michael D just made that up to distract people.

Israel didn't do anything regarding his letter that he didn't want us to know about.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

You had nothing in your first post and even less now.
    Arrogance is no substitute for substantive arguments

• Advertisement
Advertisement