Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭HiggieL

My friend is a CO in an intreo in Dublin, is not customer facing and has no work from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Jesus the wait is pure annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Inmate2020

maybe today is the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3 suncensus

Perhaps tomorrow 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Blast: I had great hopes for 3pm today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Staceyx

I’m banking on Friday now, hopefully they don’t leave it as late as Monday🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 30 louloubb

Just wish we knew when results would be out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭claregal1

This is deft the longest I've waited for results and I'm working already in the CS! I'm going on hols tomorrow and going to put this out of my head and hopefully next time I think of it results will be out by then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 First Responder

Hi Caoimhe2 , thanks for your reply. It sad to think long long it took to get to 28 day AL and having to start from scratch. How are you getting on with moving from PC into CS . Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Newbie12345The

Someone will be here and say they got an email saying it'll be mid october

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maripepe

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bibi91

Hello, does anyone know anything about Dept of Justice in Meath? Is it a good place to go? Do they do any days from home?

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi no work from home days I think and leave can only be taking at certain times

Post edited by Caoimhe2 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi when I moved it didn't think I would miss the extra annual leave days but I did...the dept I got in CS was not great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 thegreenapple

In my experience, the civil service outside of Dublin is toxic. It is very parochial and clique-like, and I would not recommend it for those who are not from the particular region, as differences are noticed, be it very subtly.

Recent research showing that almost all public service employees are white Irish is quite telling, and it is apparent when you look around. I have seen some high-profile appointments at quite senior roles, some with a UK background, and some brought in at lower clerical roles, but the core is not changing or has not evolved. Especially in the technical and professional grades, you won't find any "outsiders" there to go all Bull McCabe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 BobsUncle

Some Dept of Justice have wfh with 20% in office which can be weeky or average monthly. This is usually those in roles of financial/expenses which are being phased over to NSSO shared services by 2025 (who also have 20/80 rule for wfh).

Those I know in Justice are disappointed by move to NSSO, so expect mobility to free up plenty spaces in Justice as the 2025 deadline for transition approaches.

However, I worked in NSSO with Justice staff and my HEO and AP let me use 20/80 rule annually, so I went into office during school term and was home with kids all summer and school breaks. So don't let others' opinions mislead you, as you can get a great HEO in a cr*p place, or a cr*p HEO in a great place…

• Registered Users Posts: 15 capri sun

And the wait continues lol. Really hope it’s tomorrow now at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭shmeee

With some previous EO panels due to close tomorrow, the 27th. They may be a crossover with workload etc so that may release some pressure and results hit soon after. I'm only thinking out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,854 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement

Wouldn't 5pm on a Thursday be a good time to release results? Better than during the working day, like…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

the dublin comp results started going out around 3pm last year i think, i remember every CO in the office was comparing lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Would I be correct in saying if your not in the top 5 OOM outside Dublin you can forget about being called for an interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Tupence

Yes, mostly likely ,perhaps a little lower in smaller counties.

No, various batches will be called for interview. You could be placed in the 50's or 60's and get called for interview outside of Dublin from experience. People ahead of you on OOM may turn down offers, people ahead of you may fail interview. And you could jump OOM after successful interview. So many variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Farlo1234

Galway called just over 120 from open comp in the panel due to expire tomorro. Although, it was a 2 year panel

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Arsenal101

No, I don't think that's quite right. At best it would only reach that in the larger counties. Mobility is killing recruitment in counties outside Dublin. It's all Dublin (then work your way home).

So you're calling me a liar? As this is a public board I am not going to say the exact details but OOMs in counties where 10-ish EO's were hired, hit similar numbers and higher. Open panels got to 80's/90's OOM. 2 year panels, so half that for 1 year panels.

So you're saying they only interview up to 5 OOM? So OOM 6 doesn't get a call for interview.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PandaDancer

are we all checking boards today for updates 😅

• Advertisement

sure am 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Lets hope today is the day everyone!

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭summersun23

Hi upinthesky as regards your question some one put in a table from public jobs earlier in the discussion 're how many were placed in different regions . Also, say they placed 19 as a random example they will have gone beyond that number OOM as people will not take it / not pass interview etc . There is hope for us all lol . Now if they just let us know if we passed ha ha ....

Has to be today!

😁 here's hoping

From my own experience I got placed 8 and 10 in psychometric testing in my region in 2 separate open competitions and I was not called for interview.

• Advertisement

God that's actually brutal .i wud be like why did i bother

I know, very annoying, those paticular times, huge amounts taken from internal panels/mobility. There's always the possibility they will take far more from this panel. Always go for all competitions , it will work out, took me a while.

YYeah i agree ,apply for everything then u are in the driving seat if u get more than 1 offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Very nice of them to allow that but it just exposes how much of a farce compulsory WFO is

You were able to work perfectly well for months on end without visiting the office at all.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Depends entirely on what county you applied for. So unless you know it's the same county as the one you applied for, which you don't, it's irrelevant to you.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Sharing the number of EO's assigned again for those who may have missed it.

The 2022 EO Competition was a 2 year competition so half that number for a "rough" idea. Again impossible to tell how many EO's will be hired going forward but recent trends will show positions are still available around various counties outside of Dublin. They've pulled applicants from the 2022 EO panel into positions in the last number of weeks which has eaten into some of the 2024 EO competition vacancies you'd imagine as the 2022 panel was extended to, today the 27th.

From the 2022 EO open panel, they've reached shy of 100 OOM for Tipperary and just over half of that for Kilkenny. So give an idea of recent trends for certain counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 notmaudgonne

This summer there has been an open CO,EO and now an open AO competition. Do people think there will be an open HEO competition too?

And what are people’s thoughts on the AO role? I have heard it’s quite policy based and stressful. Any insight would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Totally Red

My manager rang Public jobs this morning in relation to results and was told it will be another few weeks as there is some sort of hold up 😞

I just mailed them . Now what defines very soon 🤣🤣

How long is a piece of string.. If its going into October they should really be emailing people to let them know

Boo! (Thanks for the info... but I refuse to 'like' this post as it doesn't fit in with my plans 😂)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Phantasos

Soon ™️

Very soon ? I would have interpreted that as today .bit of mixed messages lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 zazoo11

This is my first time going for an open competition, and I'm wondering what OOM I should be hoping for in Dublin. Can anyone with experience give me an idea of an okay/good/great OOM?

• Advertisement
Advertisement