Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hezbollah pager explosions

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

disgusting victim blaming.

not surprising though for the supporters of the IDF terror machine.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

if it is true, it will be down to the huge amounts of funding hamas have been getting from israel.

there are only various factions because israel created some of them.

but for israel there would have just been the PLO and the authority in the west bank who would have eventually merged anyway.

all with in palestine generally lived in peace until 1948.

the wrong done to lebanon was by israel, hesbala would not exist but for israel.
    it would not have been the job of syria to help israel in a genocide.

of course it isn't going to happen, why would others help the IDF in a genocide.

especially as the israely terror machine have given the game away that they hate the lebanese people and want to wipe them and their country off the map.

their geography is fine, and their 1948 borders geography was even better.

it's just simply a case of a greedy state wanting more land because an invisible space wizzerd said in a book that they are entitled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭mikethecop

worried youll be associated with the other ones are you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Ah sure just chalk her down as another Hezbollah commander.

maybe your hatred has you blind , try taking a break from the internet and spewing the auld rage against the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

War sucks.

What exactly would "both Israel and Hezbollah" be happy with considering that Hezbollah wants Israel to be completely destroyed? Maybe the Ukrainians should just negotiate with Putler? Maybe Poland should have just negotiated with the Nazis and the Soviets back in the late 1930s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭dmcdona

If you could just answer the question, that would be appreciated.

Which folks are you referring to?

cant believe the mods haven't cleaned out this thread by now , some of you folks cant wait of get out the nazi badges again and kick around a few dirty Jews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭combat14

looks like the Ukraine/Russia war is starting to gradually merge with Irans war on israel in the middle east

"The US has accused Russia of holding talks on weapon transfers with Yemen’s Houthi movement, marking Tehran’s deepening ties to Moscow.

Russia was “cutting its own deals” with the Houthis to allow their ships to sail through the Red Sea unharmed, Tim Lenderking, the US special envoy for Yemen, told AFP on Thursday.

“We have confirmation that the Russians and the Houthis are in dialogue about ways to cooperate,” including on weapon transfers, he said on the sidelines of the UN general assembly, adding:

We don’t know that weapons are being transferred as we speak, but it’s come to the point that we’re all sounding the alarm bell to make sure that this does not happen.

“The notion that the Russians would provide the Houthis with lethal weapons is deeply alarming to the countries of the region,” he said.

His comments came after Reuters reported that Iran had brokered ongoing secret talks between Russia and the Houthis to transfer anti-ship missiles to the Iran-backed militant group.

Citing sources, it said that Russia has yet to decide to transfer the Yakhont missiles – also known as P-800 Oniks – which experts say could allow the Houthis to more accurately strike commercial vessels in the Red Sea and increase the threat to the US and European warships defending them." (the guardian uk)

fortunately im not required to pander to the demands of posters like you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It has always been the same war.

Russia has been fighting along side hezbollah and the Iranian Guard in Syria for a long time.

Hamas picked Putin's birthday as the day to launch it's war on Israel, a gift to him in how it took focus away from his war in Ukraine and a thanks for his friendship to the Palestinians.

One war, many fronts.

Advances anti ship missiles in the Red Sea is a game changer there.

The Putins, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranians etc will keep pushing unless pushed back.

The striking back hard against Hamas rattled the group, wiping out Hezbollah would be another significant blow. It also helps Ukraine .

A missile fired by the IDF is as effective as a missile fired by Ukrainians in Donbas, both hit the same enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

If members of the Israeli government saying they want to ensure Lebanon doesn't exist isn't evidence then the reality is you'll never accept any evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

How come many supporters of Israel in Europe and the US are also supporters of Putin? There is a strong crossover on display. Putin, Netanyahu, Trump and Orban are the poster boys for these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Has Israel been at war with the Palestinians all that time? And how do the numbers show Israel under constant existential threat when clearly they aren't?

As for the negotiations to agree a ceasefire, I would have thought the mechanics were common knowledge? Simply sit down and work out what would lead to a ceasefire.

Once a ceasefire is agreed, further negotiations on next steps are commenced.

Unless you are all for Israel being the aggressor (the Nazis/russia/soviets) in your comparisons and simply invading?

Ok, if Israel is a "colony" as you claim, then where is the homeland of Israeli Jews? Remember: a colony by definition must have a metropolitan state.

Ballistic missile launched at central Israel. Strong list of alerts across Tel Aviv.

You just have to acknowledge the commitment and hunger for fighting that Hezbollah and friends have.

Are you still waffling on about this?

What is the name of the metropolitan state that the the Dutch and German and Irish and English and Scottish and Welsh and so on had as their homeland before the US was founded? Because they all had to come from the same homeland didn't they? In your dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin fantasy.

Danzy, you are a perfect example of the propaganda I mentioned above. One missile, launched at Tel Aviv (which probably won't hit anything) will be all you focus on. It will be as if that was the only event that occurs this week. The zionists can and will fire off hundreds of missiles at vulnerable civilians in Gaza and Lebanon. Those people won't have the benefit of anti-missile systems to protect them. They won't have adequate hospital facilities to help the few that survive the destruction. But they also won't register to you. In your mind, there will have been only one missile. Fired at Israel. And you will cling to that as if it bestows some everlasting victimhood.

• Advertisement

One for Putin, Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran to ponder at their next get together .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

No they didn't. I was a teenager during various series of tit-for-tat killings: the IRA would attack a police officer or UDR man, and in return the loyalists would murder a catholic civilian. We weren't allowed out of our area until someone else was killed, as that then meant we were "safe" until the next time - so how TF was that the IRA saving civilians? Do you think those police officers were still randomly arriving in nationalist areas and killing people? They weren't. The civilian deaths among nationalists were entirely as "punishment" by loyalist paramilitaries for IRA actions - and those actions were not carried out to demand civil rights for nationalist - by then those problems were pretty much solved anyway. But even if they hadn't been that was not what the IRA was looking for.

I just have to correct you there - The official death toll was 705 British Soldiers, 301 RUC + another 162 Loyalist paramilitaries.

And again the IRA were never defeated militarily despite your conspiracy theory that they were infiltrated so much that the negotiators in the peace deal were spies.

I agree that the IRA were as scummy as the British army in the north at the time - and again Id reiterate that the only way to stop the conflict in the middle east is through negotiation and peace accords.

However reading the news today its the Israelis who have refused to talk peace and until they get around the table this is going to drag on for god knows how long.

The US should be threatening to stop supplying weapons until they agree to a ceasefire.

The Dutch set up their colony in New Amsterdam, they lost that to the British Empire, in the name of which the English, Scottish, Welsh and some Irish (who were then citizens of the UK, sort of). I don't know if the German Empire had any colonies in what would become the United States, I think the German-Americans came later.

The metropole of New Amsterdam was the Netherlands.
    The metropole of the 13 Colonies was the British Empire.
    The metropole of Louisiana was France.
    The metropole of Spanish Florida was … no prizes for guessing that one.

But the Jews didn't have a metropole. That's just a fact. Therefore, they can't be colonists - with the possible exception of those today who live beyond the 1967 borders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭combat14

apparently the houthis are poised to make an announcement after their missile attack on israel .. we will have to wait with bated breath .. perhaps their pagers have blown up too

You are close to getting it now SeanW. In the same way that the Dutch came from another country, Dutch jews went to Israel. They may have been Dutch but emigrated to a British colony. Same for Russian jews. British ones. US ones. They came from somewhere else (Or at least the vast majority of them did). Ended up in a colony in the US Palestine and later gained control over it.

You appear to be under the impression that the immigrants to Palestine just materialised out of thin air or maybe appeared down from Heaven itself (in keeping with the oul' Biblical guff) in a sort of reverse rapture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see zero cross over.

The people supporting Putin are the same ones encouraging Assad in Syria, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and Hamas in Gaza. It's Russian weapons that are supporting these people after all.

I recognise the rights of those to defend themselves against the aggressors, i.e. both Ukraine and Israel.

The colonists who went to the Americas before Independence (not just the US but also Canada and what is now Latin America) were nationals of European empires who travelled to the Americas with the intention of acting on behalf of their metropoles - some of which I enumerated in my last post.

There were some Jews in what is now Israel beforehand, but the Jews who travelled to the Holy Land did so because they were Jews, and their intention from the start was to set up a Jewish homeland. And unlike actual colonists - who as a group have a specified homeland - the Jews of Israel come from all over the world and since their arrival have intermarried, such that these days "Israeli" is as much an ethnicity as a nationality.

I think you're trying to create the narrative somehow that all the Jewish immigrants were British colonialists and therefore their metropole was Britain, but that's a stretch.

Ironically, the line that: "The US should be threatening to stop supplying weapons until they agree to a ceasefire." is literally exactly the same line that the far right MAGA nutcases like Matt Putz, Marjorie Traitor Greene and JD Vance in the US are using to force Ukraine to surrender to Russia.

Because that's what it means to cut off weapons supplies to an ally, or to threaten to do so: to weaken them before their enemies.

Advertisement