Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Near Misses Volume 2 (So close you can feel it)

1888990919294»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Going south yesterday through Ballymun about 1:30pm, woman in an orangish Hyundai Accent turned left across me at the Rediscovery center junction. Full jam on breaks while trying to turn left to avoid hitting her car. She rolls down passenger window and I'm saying "what the **** are you at you stupid fcuking eejit?" she says "sorry luv, didn't see you" and drives off.

Don't know what she was at, wide open area and I had a good rear light on. Frightened the shite outta me to be honest. Disk brakes are good for commuting.

Post edited by magicbastarder on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's not as if she couldn't see you before getting to that junction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

it's a junction where you can carry a nice bit of speed into the making the turn in a car as it's got a big curve into the junction so she probably just misjudged where I was or as she said didn't see me.

I need to get a second good rear light for my backpack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

The crux of most of it.
    Saw 3 young lads cycling to school outside my house today. A car overtook one of them cus he was slightly (not a full a length) slower than his mates. Then sit between them for a whole 200m to the upcoming roundabout.

Straight after the roundabout is a cycle lane.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I had a Merc overtake me coming into Wexford town the other morning. There was a Wexford Bus in front of me, I could have went faster but it would have been an effort to overtake, he was at the speed limit or close enough, so I left a gap for breaking between us. Merc overtook, pulled in between us and then I actually had to sit on my brakes as he was substantially slower than both of us after the overtake. Anyway, the road splits a little later, one for going right and one for left. I was early for the train so I went for a spin around the block. Merc went left, myself and the bus went into the right lane. I overtook the Merc, who then dropped in behind me, then after going round the corner went back to the left lane (so a completely different route than the one he initially went for), pulled up beside me and started roaring at me that my behaviour was dangerous, was I trying to get my self killed. I am still unsure what I done wrong, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't as bad as the guy who overtook into the breaking distance between myself and the vehicle in front, then slowed down, then dropped anchor in another lane so as to come around underneath me and then shout at me out his window while moving.

I don't know, but I'm sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Paddigol

There's nothing quite like sitting behind the wheel of a high powered vehicle to exclaim your complete lack of situational awareness and rules of the road to the world. You can't possibly be wrong, of course, because you're in a big car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Be right back

https://x.com/ChaponaBike123/status/1838650709564133508

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Well that was my initial reaction to it too. Seems like a complete non issue, to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭ARX

The cyclist in this instance is an absolute dickhead. Instead of getting out of the way of an approaching emergency vehicle, he chose to press on in front of it as though he could outrun it. He passed another cyclist dangerously closely, which could easily have resulted in a collision in front of the fire engine. All the stupid bastard had to do was pull in, let the fire engine past, then pull out again. Cretin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭tommythecat

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What a Muppet of a cyclist, I really hope the cops can pin something on him and slap him with a fine Tis a pity being a Muppet hadn't a FPN associated with it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

due to some thread merging shenanigans, it would seem that i edited every one of the 4.5k+ posts in this thread. i can assure you i have a more exciting life than that…

Advertisement