Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

1263264265266267269»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I was just about to post the same but the thread is messed up, like some others.

Are the salaries of staff, that work in the public sector, really considered personal data?

We are not looking for any additional details.

We know the salaries and the scales used in Nursing, teaching, garda etc, so why not RTE, they are paid from Lioences and general taxation.

If the salary does not follow the standard scales, then you most likely in a special position like TDs, CEOs , Boards members of public bodies and those saliers are public

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

someone probably decided its "commercially sensitive" and "contractual obligations" and "legal advice precludes" but dont worry "lessons will be learned" in other words it means us peasants dont need to know….

any word from dee? has she been spotted any where? still too sick to answer questions?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

"You are him…the one they call the "Baba Yaga"…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭RoTelly

A major problem with the list is that unusual figure of €10k+, of which there were 2 AFAIK, someone might confirm.

regardless of 1 or 2 staff/contractors in RTÉ they can only be Doirean G and Jenny Z, as they presented DWTS in that quarter.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭RunningFlyer

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/sean-orourke-some-colleagues-in-rte-would-have-found-me-arrogant-id-have-seen-it-as-just-doing-my-job/a842810798.html

Had to post in here after reading this article in the paper yesterday.. Seems SOR is back on the gravy train to some extent whilst having a moan about the pay and pension in RTE and how he'd have been better off in the civil service… Anyone associated with Montrose are definitely living on another planet!

OTV should state how much he got for that series. But how much it cost would also be interesting, and why are they getting into this type of programming.

But also

The idea came about during a chat with RTÉ’s former director of content Jim Jennings, who has since left the broadcaster, amid considerable media coverage.

I hope the chat was some time in before June 2023, before Jim "Kingmaker Jimbo" Jennings was taken down with some sort of flu he pick up… Oireachtas-itise perhaps.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RTE has declined to say if 2FM presenter Aifric O'Connell got permission from Montrose bosses to continue working with The 2 Johnnies since the duo's high-profile departure from the station.

Ms O'Connell took over as producer of The 2 Johnnies podcast on a full-time basis following the departure of Maura Fay, who herself took up a new role in RTÉ.

In June, when asked if the 2FM Breakfast co-presenter had sought or been given permission to work on The 2 Johnnies' podcasts, an RTÉ spokeswoman would only say: 'RTÉ plans to publish summary details of approved external activities on a quarterly basis, with the first one planned for July 2024.'

New rules introduced at RTÉ in February make it mandatory for staff to seek permission for external work and promotions through a Register of Interests and Register of External Activities.

This is understood to have been the main reason 2FM lost some of its top talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,665 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Why do you think things should improve in terms of people paying the license?

Because it's unjust that those who do pay are now being hit through their taxes to cover for those who don't pay. This halfway house is the worst of both worlds really, if they won't set the licence fee at an appropriate level and can't/won't collect that licence efficiently, then just abolish it.

You'd think all the problems that exist in RTÉ are only due to the licence fee

Literally nobody is saying this

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Any sign of Dee yet? Surely she's still not peeping out between the curtains?

Yoo-hoo Dee, come out come out wherever you are!

If you think it is unfair that you have to pay twice, decide not to pay once, totally your decision.

In relation to the issue of whether or not it is only issue is the licence fee, just look at the narrative before the scandal (moya doherty put the phrase Existential Crisis to it), look at every DG's view on the licence fee, look at how the media framed the situation. Look at how the FOMC's view has been taken up since.

After the scandal for a short period it was understood that the management were at fault with the mismanagement of RTÉ. Now we are back to

Mr Bakhurst said it had "long been the case" that RTÉ's funding had not been sufficient to deliver what its public service remit is.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0725/1461705-rte-funding/

Now we are largely back to the existential crisis, can you show me how RTÉ has changed with this new funding and with the new direction. I don't see it.

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,773 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Very few do, Mr R…. What we have seen is the usual RTE tactic of having every bit of relevant information stovepiped and siloed so they can continue to butt ream John Q Taxpayer.

The ‘nixer’ brigade started squealing and lawyering up and of course RTE seem to have capitulated to keep the culture of ‘omertà’ alive and well.

We saw from the Tubridy episode that nobody in RTE is indespensible, so if these chancers who are slurping up the gravy on the back of a profile in RTE are not happy point them towards the door when their contract ends.

Chop chop …… get on with it Caoimhín

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

______

Yesterday

It's not "totally your decision" when you can be prosecuted for not paying 🙄

Nobody on this thread was saying the licence fee was the only issue. I've no interest in what RTE insiders who were part of the problem are saying

Scrap the cap!

You can and it seems from that case you will be told to pay the license fee + an €80 fine.

It is my decision not to pay for the TV license fee, due to the mismanagement and corruption of RTÉ, when Dee Frobes and Jimbo Jennings appear before either committee to state their case, I will consider paying my licence fee, until then I wait for the knock at the door.

Why should I pay for their mistakes? As you say twice.

I'd be of the opinion your paying 3 times, your license fee, part of mine through direct taxation and finally OAPs through direct taxation.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,520 ✭✭✭fliball123

Until people stand up to the obvious waste and corruption that is going on in this country via our politicians, semi states and civil and public servants, nothing will change. With RTE and the TV license we have a real chance to stick together and stop paying. Yeah we will be fined and yeah there will be jail threatened but at the end of the day all we need is one person to stay the course till the case goes to court and when asked are you paying your license, NO, and asked why, As there has been waste and corruption ongoing within the organization that the money is being paid to and until there is an investigation from both/either the garda or some other organization don't pay stay in jail and keep the spot light on it and let the world see how this countries agenda to keep getting people to pay and how they are punished and how others who are in the know and with connections continue to get away without any accountability. Imagine a case going to the European court the government would be laughed out of the building.

This year alone

RTE, bike shed, security hut, children's hospital and now the modular homes all of which have astronomical costs assigned to them and no one telling the full story different parties blaming someone else and not one person arrested, thouroghly investigated, charged or even sacked. Most of those in RTE were let go without a nice little golden handshake. Someone needs to keep the spot light on this imagine them trying to arrest a 100k TV license holders for not paying when they turn and explain their decision why they are not paying. Its like water charges people protested and we don't pay directly for water and if we had it would have turned into another area where the amount would of gone up and up and up compare that to our waste collection since it got privatized which is what our water supply would of ended up going.

• Advertisement

So public service bad. Private service (waste) also bad.

?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

probably like a bulldog after licking pish off a nettle after shes seen all the money flowing into rte and she doesnt get any…yet!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

"You are him…the one they call the "Baba Yaga"…

Advertisement