Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Old thread full

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,208 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dat a young Gerry being hunted by a young Mary-Lou?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I remember the big thing being made about the new "kneeling busses".

It is of zero surprise to me that drivers are being difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,209 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Colm: "What were you holding onto?"

Bill: "The bars on the bus."

Did they go round and round , round and round? 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Tow

Bus Driver probably worried the ramp will get stuck, and then the whole bus will be stuck.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

So basically some bus drivers are good. Some are sh1te.

Again, no surprise here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The bustards want more money for operating it, probably.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

"or words to that effect" - is he a former solicitor?

Someone realising Bill is on air and is shouting in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Duffoon once oversaw a LL piece which had people painting pictures on the radio.

• Advertisement

That is a very cynical reaction and probably is close to the truth.

I recommended some network topology changes to CIE a number of years ago. Computer network changes, not changes to routes. I was told, no because the unions would require all staff to get 3 days training in the new design.

Colm: "A dapper dandy."

Is that word allowed anymore in this PC world gone mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭littlevillage

She is running a grow house for the "lads" 🌿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a lot of people don't check units used for a proper comparison. I was recently looking back at bills from 10 years ago ( bill nerd 🤓) and noticed although the price had gone up now by 3 times or more the actual unit use was about 10% down, this was despite more power hungry mobile phones, laptops etc to charge but with bigger usage items being replaced over the years with more efficient appliances.

Well yeah. A 32" LED TV consumes about 30-55 Watts. A 32" CRT would consume 150-200 watts. Add in more efficient technologies in other white goods and consumption for everyone should be down.

M

Yes a single traditional light bulb previously used as much as every single CFL light bulb in the house combined.

I see the jaysus CFL bulbs are being done away with so to speak after me eventually finding that a Philips version gives near identical olden days shade of light, now banned from sale to be replaced with LED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭squonk

CFL bulbs were shíte. Back in the day I generally agreed with the drive to phase out incandescent bulbs but CFL wasn’t the viable alternative we were told they were. Horrible light sbd quite dim also. Fairly much the usual bollix of the do gooders deciding it was time for change which suited them but not the population at large. I use LEDs now where possible. Far better and the switch should have happened when they became viable instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Looks like Joe will be back to this topic,when he returns from his well earned breakeen. 500 callers to get through.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2024/0926/1472205-garda-contacts-abuse-schools/

Hope not. The guards are dealing with it. Joe won’t add anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭steinbock123

What can the Guards do about it now? The brothers who beat the shite out of me and my schoolmates all those years ago are now all brown bread (and as Joe Jowl might say, safe in the arms of Our Lady, Queen of Heaven).

• Advertisement

As the lotto ad used to say, if you’re not in you can’t win. I’d imagine a fair few reports are there for documentation purposes in case the government start another redress scheme for this.

Actually a bulb in one of my overhead lights went the other day, I took it out to see what kind it is so I can get another and was surprised to see its a 30w bulb. I would have been certain it was 70-100 such is the bright light it pumps out.

Yes, but was it a CFL, Incandescent, Led, Halogen, Fluorescent, Diode. We need detail! Bayonet or a screw?

Needed bulbs recently for the cooker extractor. They are really expensive, so got two in Asda for £2

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Cul'um (Colm Ó'Mongáin). De bold Joe on a well earned break.

Possible Topics:

• Ennis Family: 11 Hundred Miles round trip to school. Chisilers have Autism Spectrum Disorder. Don't we all!
    • Bus Ramp Rant: Bus Drivers not lowering ramp for Billy's rollator. And udder access issues.
    • Stolen things: Wha are your oddest stolen things? Two listeners looking for their things back. A Ship in de Bottle and Outboard Engine.

Banned Topics:

• Macrones for de friends of Montrose
    • Welfare raided to fund RTE Digout
    • Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • Kneecap de Kneecapping picture
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Missing Ducks of St. Stephen's Green
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime/Goal Accommodation

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Report in the Business Post this morning how just under €1 billion was spent on refugee housing in the first half of 2024. The Apple money will be used in 6 and a half years on accommodating refugees alone at this rate.

I also see a report that Leo Varadkar has said the rate of immigration in recent years has been too much for Ireland. And of course Simon Harris admits that the housing/accommodation crises is being exacerbated by immigration.

A year ago, if I had said what Varadkar and Harris are now saying, I would have been accused of racism.

I wonder what has happened to make them change their minds - anything to do with Opinion Polls and an election?

Maybe we could get a discussion on this on Liveline?

Is it not the the Government's official policy to increase the countries population via immigration? Are Leo and Simon no longer happy with their own policy?

Cul'em, Your RTE friends don't seem to realise the 2000 euro rise in the Standard Rate Cut off Point is only worth 400 quid to the higher paid wurker. I would not be jumping up and down about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

De bizarrest of shows.

Remember it well, sitting in de car park, waiting on herself, with my mouth agape at what was being put out on de radio waves.

• Advertisement

And did you use water colour or oil for your picture "McDermot with Mouth Agape"?

Ennis Family: 11 Hundred Miles round trip to school. 

Whaa? Like in NZ?

oh, you said roundtrip, so Namibia?

“It’s 2:25pm and there’s a naked man, he’s just after stripping naked – I don’t know what programme – this is at 2:15pm in the day – there is a naked man, a fine looking man to be honest with you, but hang on, it gets worse.

“He’s after stripping naked, he takes off his briefs and he holds them up to this woman, they’re in their late 20s and what does she do next, Angela? Brace yourself – she takes out a pair of handcuffs. This is RTE One television at 2:20pm.

“No wonder Ryan is leaving,” he told listeners.

😃 😍

13:46 and no Lahvlahn

Would you not consider giving them a load of sleeping tablets cawlur?

• Advertisement

11 Hundred Kilometers per week

And your point is cawlur??

M

Noise cancelling headphones an option?

So, get to the point caller

• Advertisement

Janey! Thst show sounds like it’s getting to be with watching! 😀

M

Have you tried oil on your ear rings?

Are you not concerned that Joe was watching telly while doing the Lahvlahn?

So is the point there should be a bus to school or that there should be an institution the boys can live in? Please tell us cawlur!

Did these kids eat too many Skittles and drink too much SunnyD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A living nightmare.

Kill them or kill me.

I think she needs a Black Mariah with separate cells. It is no joke, they often have built in self control when get into a rage.

Whsts the point of this? These lads can’t live independently and this woman and her husband won’t be around forever.

M

Sell up and move within walking distance of the school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement