Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vince McMahon "retires" *Megathread* Mod warning added in post 437

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Shane's worst crimes was a few dumb ideas and it's quite impressive that he doesn't seem to be taking after his father in the disturbed stakes.

That being said he did seem to row behind his dad when stuff was hitting the fan while Stephanie distanced herself, but I suppose that's just a testament to both how much of a shark she is, and Shane wanting to be close to his dad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ThePott

He did mention incest. In the Playboy interview that was mentioned in the documentary. It was heavily implied that his mother abused him.

PLAYBOY: We can leave that topic, but one thing first. You have said that the sexual abuse in your childhood "wasn't from the male." It's well known that you're estranged from your mother. Have we found the reason?

MCMAHON: [Pauses, nods] Without saying that, I'd say that's pretty close.

There's been other suggestions Vince was abused in his childhood by step-siblings.

Shane is also sympathetic in that, Vince didn't seem to have a good childhood or relationship with his own father, which seems to have really impacted him as a person and from the outsider perspective, it often looks like rather than breaking that cycle it looks like Vince wasn't the best or most affectionate parent to Shane.

I still think if you're looking for the best chronicle and indictment of Vince as a person, the Behind the Bastards podcast did multiple episodes on him, which I found quite good.

As far as DSOTR goes, they tweeted some episodes relevant to the content in the Netflix documentary.

https://x.com/DarkSideOfRing/status/1839379469200760974

Sidenote - I've seen other people display tweets and used to be able to but can't anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Austin came across as a complete eejit with his… "I'm Not A CTE Guy. I Just Don't Believe In It"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭SteM

Paste the URL as a link, then change the X in the link to Twitter.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea that was sad to hear when there is clearly medical evidence on it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I thought him admitting that he wanted to make a storyline about being the father of Steph's baby really disturbing too. Always thought that was just one of those rumours...

And the fact he put himself in a match with her a week before her wedding as punishment for not putting it on PPV.

As for Shane Jesus he did everything for his dad's approval and barely got an acknowledgement until he chucked himself off Hell in a Cell.

He really treated both of them like absolute crap and it's so sad, history repeating itself from his own messed up childhood. You'd think after what he went through he'd want different for his own kids at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just say he was trying to come out with a tough sounding soundbite for the doc.

What I think he was trying to say was what Bret Hart would say, and that's if you're hurting yourself or others while performing professional wrestling, then you're doing it wrong.

For a man who got dropped on his head in a horrific way, I sincerely doubt he believes brain injuries aren't real in the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Haven’t been a wrestling fan for years. More interested in listening to the backstage going’s on from years ago from the likes of Cornette, Bischoff and Prichard these days but know most of the stuff in this doc.

Have to say, Bret Hart comes across as an absolute cockwomble. He was a phenomenal wrestler for sure but he wasn’t exactly charismatic and that’s a part of the reason he didn’t draw particularly well compared to the era before him and the era after him.

To talk about how great he was at the beginning of the doc, saying how he “pulled the sword from the stone” when others failed at succeeding Hogan and then saying he wondered if they killed Owen to get back at him.

Hart was a great wrestler but nowhere near as good a total package as he thinks he was. Unbelievable ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't watched this but you would think someone as controlling as Vince would have final cut approval in the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Just finishing up the last episode, most of this is his people licking his hole.

As mich as I like Bruce Pritchard, he covers for vince in a lot of shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd say it's safe to say Bruce Pritchard was privy to all of Vince's business over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watched a few episodes and find it meh. Nothing really new if you've been watching wrestling for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Found this very disappointing overall. Non-fans would definitely get more of it. Tony Atlas was a highlight and I'll be seeking out any shoot interviews for a laugh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vince is reportedly teaming up with Kevin Dunn to release a response piece to the documentary 🤣

Cue 156 camera cuts in half a minute. WWEs product has benefited wholesale from the two of them being ousted tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is Vince acting dumb when they ask him about Sable’s lawsuit against him or is he going senile with age? I would imagine the former as how could he honestly forget about getting sued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

A bizarre little buzz considering she later married Lesnar who 20 years later seemed to be involved in some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Vinces recurring references to sex throughout were both ill timed and extremely cringe. He's such a weird dude he really is. It's unfortunate that the man will probably die with all of the really interesting secrets he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭SteM

He too a lot of headshots over the years. I wonder is he a CTE guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hes a victim of incest. Those guys rarely turn out normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah his childhood upbringing really is the cause of his issues

Advertisement