Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

1159515961597159815991601»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pep isn't getting asked the same questions about KDB, and Ange isn't getting asked the same questions about Son. Both those players are in the last year of their contract too.

Maybe Liverpool could handle it better, but also maybe they could just hand out a couple of new contracts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Rodri out for the season according to bbc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Im sure there is plenty of discussions going on with agents of each player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Allison has done an interview with the BBC and there is a stark difference between what he is saying and what Trent was saying,

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cvgx4xj7x4qo

"Alisson's journey took him from Internacional in his homeland to Roma in Italy and on to Liverpool in 2018.

His honours with the Reds include the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Club World Cup. A devout Christian, he puts his success down to his faith and work ethic.

"My main motivation is not the prizes, the trophies - my motivations come from inside," said the 31-year-old, who is expected to return to the Liverpool side for Saturday's Premier League trip to Wolves (17:30 BST) following a two-game absence.

"My faith in God makes me work hard and better and want to be the best in what I do because I believe everything I do is a way to praise God. Winning trophies and awards makes me happy, but my motivation comes from inside, my family." "

Further down the article he has this to say,

"Part of Slot's training regime involves his keeper training more with the outfield players as the new manager, Alisson says, "wants to play more from on the floor to build up from the back".

"We were great before but Arne is bringing to us a new energy and knowledge," said Alisson. "He is a really smart manager and he is helping us a lot. You can see from how we are playing now.

"We are committed to the plan and can see it is a good plan. We still have a lot to improve but we are in the right direction. We have a big gap to reach for our best but we are doing well so far."

Liverpool have won six of Slot's first seven matches in charge, and Alisson is keen to carry on being a part of his set-up.

"I am committed to this club 100% and that involves being part of the leadership group," added Alisson, who recently said he turned down a move to Saudi Arabia in the summer.

"We have a lot of young players, new players coming in, a completely new staff. When we changed, not everything was going wrong. The challenge for us was to keep the good things, pass these things to the staff and the players coming in, and embrace the good stuff that the new staff are bringing.

"It was a big challenge for this leadership group and I really believe we are doing quite well. We are sharing the responsibility and telling the young players they need to step up as well. This club is special and the people who work here are special." "

I suspect we may see Trent and Salah depart and Allison and Van Dijk stay for a bit longer, no real reason other than the stomach is telling me so and looking at their quotes so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wolves are meant to be missing a good few players tomorrow with a virus. When a team are missing so many, I think the sensible play is to try and stay compact, dig in and try to not concede. Play for the draw. When they are at home, and are in such poor form aswell, the home fans can get behind this set up as the can realise the circumstances.

Which can be difficult to break down, if the defence are on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Haven't we a terrible record against bottom of the table teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Not sure, the last 3 seasons against the 3 relegated teams we got,

21/22 - 18/18 points

22/23 - 14/18 points (one loss against Leeds - last match of the season with nothing on the line a 4-4 draw with Southampton)

23/24 - 16/18 points with one draw against Luton.

Before we went one to lose against Palace and Everton that finally ended our title charge, the matches we dropped points were against, Chelsea, Brighton (they were 6th at the time on the table), Spurs, City twice, United twice and Arsenal twice.

Now we only went on to lose against Spurs and Arsenal so you could see the drawn matches against City as standing still and not losing points, but we lost points i the title race against United when we drew those 2 matches. Back to your point, last year we only drew against a bottom of the league team and won the rest, usually we are quite good against them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I hope our mentality is quite away from this. Dig in, stay compact and try not to concede- that's like Arsenal defending a lead with 10 men away to City.

Obviously try not to give away a goal but we need to be on the front foot spreading the ball quickly, getting the ball to who is on form- our forwards- and bang in a few goals that way. Playing too conservatively only gives a 'lesser' team more of the ball and the chances that could come from it.

Control the game then. 3 points and no injuries would be nice, 3 or 4 nil win would be very nice and also the target against a 'weakened' team I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I think he was talking about Wolves when he mentioned about digging in and staying compact

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Read it again and yeah, need to have my morning coffee before posting I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I read it the same too tbf, only now I see he was talking about Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,490 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

We can go top with a win later 🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The post Rodri decline begins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

City without Rodri…

• Advertisement
Advertisement