Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Old thread full

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

At 55, his teachers pension will be worth millions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not in the case of the €3k a year gift you can give someone, that's allowed.

James should get a hobby like picking blackberries or something

M

Family appeals for privacy, Liveline takes calls on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Tow

Yes. Each different CAT category is a lifetime limit for that category.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭shearforce

"hey Google, stop"

that's enough of that shite for one week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

have a good weekend all, it looks likes riding the tide of death till 3pm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

James, tough, you don't have kids, so whoever inherits your wealth will have to pay tax on it.

I guess the thinking is that if you allow all sorts of relations to gain from this, they could gain a huge amount of tax free wealth from their own parents and also then their aunties and uncles.

It's not about James and his assets, it's about individual tax benefits. I'm sure whoever he leaves his assets to will be delighted, regardless of having to pay tax on them - if he had kids, the same person would be getting zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,205 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I am most cast down 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,209 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If Maggie Smith had died during Joe's crusade over the past few weeks, she wouldn't have got a look-in on Liveline, like she is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

if joe was there he’d be saying she “doyed before her ti-emm” and that she still a young woman in her 90s

LOL - I didn't see Downton Abbey cos I was working

I didn't see Downton Abbey either(the series or the movie), because it's $h1t€.

Maggie knew not to die during Joe's corporal beatings obsession. She waited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

I loved her on Swap Shop, Cullim.

14:59 ad break now

Colm is back on Monday. Joe away for a long breakeeeeen

Cull'um back on Monday. Joe taking another week off.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Colm ends the show by saying he'll be back on Monday. Joe Duffy is some cowboy.

M

Collum back on Monday, Joe must be on his main holiday.

Can you imagine if they redid the "Joeeee Duffffffffyyyyy" jingle as "Colmmmm Oooooo Mongáiiiiiiiiiin".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I think 20 odd with a free 🤔😂pint at the end

It's okay, not great but ok

How many weeks off a year can the President take? If the answer is less than 12 then maybe the Duff man won't run in next years election after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

A better question is how many hours a day does he work? It could be a big step up for Joe going from 75 minutes, to 4+ hours a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭squonk

Mihht be more than 4 hours if they’ve to attend events outside of Dublin. I’d hate being president or Taoiseach having to go along to both all irelands. I’d have feck all interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Would Joe have done a Maggie Smith tribute show? Played infinite clips of her clipped British accent?

That's definitely something that does not appeal to me about being Taoiseach. The amount of things you'd have no interest in having to attend. Joe would love it though. Just think… all those funerals!

M

He would love speaking at de UN, he could tell Hamas to leave their weapons at the nearest presbytery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'd be surprised if they let him in, dressed in his Amazon waisty and tie.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Cull'um,

Highly Sophisticated Scam of AIB customers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭mountain

after 3 weeks of misery, Duffy is having at least 2 weeks,

I’m speculating that he is listening to the 3 weeks of shows, taking notes for his next buke

Or more likely listening and having a bonus tug.

De Examiner agony letters

Colm doing a six day week, Saturday View at 1pm

Cull'um being put in his place, despite letting de Shinner lad talk non stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭squonk

Dave the flute’s GoFundMe is still going. The shameless prick is €670 away from the €5,500 target and is still keeping the bloody page going. I think I’ll buy the flute and shove it up his hole!

26 September 2024by David Lambe, Organiser

Thank you, thank you thank you. Getting ever so much closer to reaching my target. Only a bit to go :) When I get the flute ill post a nice video for you all to hear. Thanks again! Byeee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Peter Dragon

I received a flyer addressed to me yesterday morning at home from Fianna Fail. This was somewhat of a surprise to me as I am not a Fianna Fail voter, nor have I ever knowingly given my details to them - I suspect this is a reselling of a contact list or some such activity by a utility provider no doubt

The subject matter was the announcement of Alison Comyn's selection to run as a Fianna Fail candidate in Drogheda in the next General Election. Again why this would be of interest to me is somewhat puzzling as I am not from, nor do I live in, nor do I have any connection to either Drogheda or Louth.

Amongst the reasons given to vote for Ms. Comyn include the fact that she hosted Liveline, which was news to me as I had thought that someone who presented herself like Comyn did when she was on TV would find Liveline a little too low-brow for her good self. Upon further investigation through Google it transpires she did host the show - for 2 weeks in 2017. I'm not quite sure how that really qualifies one to be a TD, but this is Ireland in 2024 where it appears any form of name recognition or "celebrity" qualifies one to join the elected political gravy train. I suppose she could not possibly be any worse than some of the incumbents, but that really shouldn't be the sole measure to judge her suitability for public office by.

No doubt the host will monitor her progress closely, as he appears to harbour political ambition of his own.

Yep, we're all getting paraphernalia from government politicos - 'look at the nonsense i did in the last five years' and shiny photos, bulletpoints, etc. Most odd as there is no election till next year according to Harris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'd like to know what makes this flute worth more than five grand. It's just a stick with holes in it.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Like when Derek Davis, once of this parish, expired

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
    M

Joe is going to be one of the contributors to "Extraordinary Life : The Ben Dunne Story" tomorrow night at 9.35pm on RTÉ1.

Joe chatting to Ben on a previous show so to speak, a simpler toyme in Oireland where a Minister could get you an extra 9 million of a rent increase...

A whole office block for 9 million back in de day. Now we pay 1.4 million for a hut. 330k for a bike shelter when dat does not keep bikes dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'll have to listen to this week to check if there is any mention of politicians going from left wing to ring wing on immigration and their views now that an election is coming up.

As I said RTE have 725 million reasons not to talk about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Has anyone got a contact number for an Irish bar in Hawaii ?

I'm nearly sure an old friend of the show Recofethesite visited the archipelago

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Ferguson's Pub
    • 729 Bishop Street
    • Honolulu
    • Hawaii,96813
    • +1 808-521-9020

Caller, it is Colm today. He does not care about such things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭cher nobyl

That smirk annoys me, he must be upto something

Also, I agree, 5500 for a flute that you need to fundraise for, needs and wants comes to mind?? Also, weren't we told we were living way beyond our means quite sometime ago.

The eaten bread is soon forgotten

The Flute's Go Fund Me was for 5,000 when he went on-air, and changed to 5,500 before the end of the show.

Today:

Something about electricity providers.

Big VRT bills for imported cars and vans.

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Cul'um (Colm Ó'Mongáin). De bold Joe on a well earned break.

Possible Topics:

• Kris Kristofferson - What has it [his death] stirred up for you today?

Two repeats from Friday:

• Customer Loyalty: 44 loyal years with the same 'lecy provider. Auld wan in 70s not happy with customer service. No loyalty
    • Nordi Vans: Buying a Nordi Van on the cheap. VRT Bills are a sting in the tail. No ways of finding out the cost in advance.

Banned Topics:

• Macrones for de friends of Montrose
    • Welfare raided to fund RTE Digout
    • Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • Kneecap de Kneecapping picture
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Missing Ducks of St. Stephen's Green
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime/Goal Accommodation

• Advertisement
Advertisement