Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 XR87

Ugh September has never been so long! Does anyone know if they will issue you with a copy of your written answer if you’re called for interview? I’m aware they will discuss it at interview stage but just wondering if they expect you to remember it or will they send you a copy before the interview so you can cringe over how bad the answer was? 😅 also I feel next person to say “results enter day here” should be banned 😂 who knew having patience was this hard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Marie43

well the maths and answers not matching up I hope is right, it would explain a lot to me. First question threw me, the answer just wasn’t there. Thought it was just me. Was in a shocking state trying to get through that test.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maripepe

Wake me up, when September ends…

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭summersun23

Results out tonight 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭alroley

The maths questions about the printing didn't make any sense to me, but as far as I remember I got the answer for pretty much all of the other questions. Surely even if a few questions had errors, they could just discount those and lower the amount of right answers to be a pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 kits81

Reply received this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 EdwardJ35

At this point, I don't know what to believe anymore s 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rachel867

flew everything apart from the situational missed out by 4 🥲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭StrikingOut

results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zara123

has anyone not got their results yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Tinman53

Must be sending out emails in batches. Haven't received mine yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,854 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Results out for me. Failed the situational judgement somehow. Hope everyone else has better luck. At least the wait is finally over..! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ron leinad

Really? I've nothing as yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,854 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Know a few Still waiting on results. They probably do them in batches over the course of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NellyNull

Failed the situational judgement test too. Seems to be common trend so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cmur77

Also failed the situational, so I'm out. and I was convinced I only had to worry about the numerical. What a letdown after such a long wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Oh god Im not confident now 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 civilserviced

Well it's fair to say I am pissed off.

I got 83% and 75% in the numerical and verbal reasoning. However I failed the situational by about 30 marks.

Like what the actual ****. That situational judgement assessment is the greatest load of pig shite I have ever come across. How is that fair .

I'm going to appeal the situational judgement outcome. I know it will probably not come to anything but its worth a shot. Its a grossly unfair assessment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭crinkley

what are you going to appeal though? How were you unfairly treated compared to others? I know people are annoyed and you're free to do what you like with your own time but you will get nowhere unless you actually have grounds to appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rachel867

how can you appeal? I got the near enough the same marks give or take 1% and missed the situational by 4 marks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭shmeee

Results always used to issue in batches relating to locations. Different locations sent at different times. That's how it used to work in previous years. So could be a few hours between first batch and final batch.

Best of luck to everyone! The situation judgement test is pure luck at end of the day. Not a fair indicator.

I'm well aware of the appeals process, used to work in that area. Im not expecting much to come of it but i guess my main grounds would be that it puts candidates in hypothetical and unrealistic scenarios and the options they give you are misleading and poor choices.

Look up the cpsa code of practice

You can appeal in section 7 (unfair decision) or section 8 (unfair process)

You just email them and outline your appealing under section 7 or 8 and give grounds for the appeal. Definitely worth appealing if you are only a few marks off .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Blast: no results for me yet (not Dublin), but I severely underwrote in the situational judgment, so I probably didn't do well there. Ah, well…

• Advertisement

I'd lower that expectation even further, they've been using situational judgement for years, the whole point is to put the candidate into hypothetical situations. I used to be poor at it as well until I changed my approach after receiving advice that you won't do well if you have a tendency for the extremes, respect the chain of command and keep middle of the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 First Responder

Nothing on my side either in Dublin not sure if relevant or not ,I'm freaking out now🙈.. I dreading the situational judgment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 beckyxx12

Has anyone in Dublin not got results yet?

Thanks for the advice. Just pissed that this is the second time I failed situational judgement for EO roles

people in my office still waiting as well, the situational judgment was the scenario one with multiple answers you ranked not the written exercise.

Its usually the math that knock most people out but I know a lot who said the situational was harder than the practice ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Dublin.85

Im Dublin and no results yet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Inmate2020

I’m Dublin - nothing yet 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Saturn77

I won't hold my breath. They didn't even send an automated confirmation that people had completed the tests. The whole handling of this online test process is being done in a haphazard way, perhaps they should take their own tests.🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 EdwardJ35

What county are people based in that have gotten there results already??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Mad that people were failed on the situational. I honestly thought that part of the test was strange - entirely subjective (even though there were clearly right and wrong answers) and puts outsiders not familiar with the culture within the civil service at a real disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 highlighter123

I’m Dublin and haven’t heard yet either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭alroley

The situational was the one I found most difficult and now I am very worried after reading that so many people have failed it 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

2 in work failed numerical. This wait is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭smalltalker

There's entire seasons on Netflix with less tension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭Guffy

Best of luck with it. Situational test is an unfair assessment tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Do you get your OOM alongside your results?

I haven't received any results yet but just wondering what to expect when they come through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭upinthesky

No email or anything on public jobs for me yet, not very confident now…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭upinthesky

• Registered Users Posts: 9 InchicoreJimmy

Based on updates above feeling less and less hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

anyone got their results yet that have passed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭JJfd

I haven’t seen anyone who has passed yet

Given people who have posted so far have said they failed would you not feel more confident?

I'd imagine it's regional though, your results have nothing to do with whether you have gotten them or not yet

You do, it will change after the interview obvs but you get your first oom with results

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Staceyx

Westmeath here, no results yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

From here and the office, I haven't heard of anyone passing yet….

Advertisement