Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciao Belle

thanks!! Currently an EO on mobility list and I know it's too late but just wondered if I should have applied for Interdepartmental as well as open this time around...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

presume if you are in the top 20 more or less anywhere you’ll be interviewed? Wonder how many people would be interviewed per position, presume there is a standard number they have to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭UI_Paddy

Got 210s open stream and 70s interdepartmental for Sligo.

Based on the 10-19 figure previously listed I don't think it's likely I'll get an interview, but hey, at least it will build my confidence for future competitions. Didn't think I'd have any chance.

Surprisingly I did well on numerical, verbal and situational, was sure I'd fail one, as that's usually the case for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 highlighter123

will Dublin go into the 1000s? 😭 they did for last year’s Dublin EO comp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Mytimetoshine22

Thats a good score last year they interview past 2000s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Xanthippe2024

Hi, congrats to all! Good to finally have results. I got an alright score for Dublin, but am currently on Maternity Leave until Feb. 2025. Would yous inform PAS of this now or at/after interview stage in case appointments are taking place before Feb.? Thanks & good luck to everyone going forward. 👍

Did any one apply through Irish stream

I did but didnt get my OOM yet

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FunkyChicken24

Eeek, I just checked the thread for last year's panel and seemingly the people with a similar OOM to mine got called for interview the same day the results came out and were placed within the month!!!

Obviously there is no guarantee that it will move that quickly this time but still that is anxiety enducing for me 😫

For anyone else who is interested, it seems they had interviewed up to around OOM 400 within the first 2 months approx

Hi, I would wait until you get called for interview or even until appointment stage. In my experience they were happy and I think legally obliged to hold the position until return from statutory period of leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 capri sun

I would say so as some people might not pass the interview or turn offers down if it isn’t suited to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I didn't think serving EOs would enter the competition at all

Every days a school day

Oh wow thats unbelievable

Im at 439 so hoping it will be after 7 nov as im going to Orland 23 oct to 7 november !

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Totally Red

How does the internal comp work I see people getting much better oom on that is it a slower process ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 First Responder

Hi guys , wondering if everyone remember if it a 2 year panel? And the breakdown of position per county PLS. I remember saving these details can't find them 🙈 thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 EdwardJ35

2300 what are the chances of me even getting an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭seamus92

Late 100s for Waterford. Any chance of an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RC78

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CreativeCrafter3

Disappointed with my results 120s for Westmeath. Do I have any chance of getting an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sswathi

I have OOM in 250s in Westmeath, which I think is a very low one (from my last year's score for CO). To whom should I email to know last year's max OOM where people were called for interview?I don't want to keep hoping for nothing :(

• Advertisement

Me too..in 250s in Westmeath. Won't call me I guess. But at least I passed. Thought I would fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Tipp top 20 for external top 5 for interdepartmental.

Hi i mean did you get seperate no for irish stream.or just an overall one i got 439 over all

Thanks

I'm top 20 for tipp and top 5 internal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Williamthekid

Any one know about the Interdepartmental has any one got an email regarding this ?

Does anyone know how long this panel is running for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ccmarch

I was 177 in the open stream in the last campaign in WD and heard nothing, but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Marie43

running for a year I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only got 378 on situational judgment. Scraped a pass. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Marie43

Well done to all that passed and hard luck to those that didn’t. Don’t let it get you down or discouraged , these tests are absurd, actually gobsmacked I passed the numerical, really don’t know how and a pretty decent score. Not sure with my OOM if I’ll get interview as panel only for a year but I’ve gained experience if nothing else and not to be afraid of trying. Worst thing was the long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭labrik

I'm about 1800 in Open Stream, and 450 in interdepartmental (Dublin). A previous poster stated that they recruit usually 2:1:1 (open stream: interdepartmental:mobility). So that means I should have more chance with interdepartmental OOM since that would be equivalent to 900, or I'm wrong about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Dublin.85

Anyone know why the numerical reasoning score doesn't go towards your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 citygirl22

Cannot believe I passed , I was convinced I failed the numerical. I barely scraped by with it , TG it dosent go towards the OOM score. Im in the high 200,s for Cork. Not too sure if they will call that far but here’s hoping 🤞, Delighted I passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 zazoo11

Anyone have an idea of how many people go for the open comp nationally?

I'd say that they would like an EO to be good with figures (numerical reasoning) but generally place more value on use of words (verbal reasoning) and managing certain situations . You need good numerical reasoning in Revenue, some parts of DSP but overall the other skills are more valued generally for EOs in the CS. I think that might be the logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Rmgblue

I don’t think you’re properly understanding how OOM works… you and 900 people could have got between 70 and 75% and you’d still be in the 1000 in Dublin

Yes, you could have got a total score 900 and someone with 920 could be many OOms above you. I'd say over 50 per cent of people got scores that weren't much different but their OOMs are a wide range especially in that 70 -75 per cent score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭shmeee

1 year panel.

And the last 2022 Nationwide panel extended until last Friday 27th Sep, so the number placed "should" be higher than what's listed. I know some counties where EO's were hired in July, August and September this year which wouldn't be in them numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Podgesull1

What are chances of getting interview in early 200s open Kerry and in 60s Interdepartmental

No need to say anything. I interviewed in thr past the week before I gave birth

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭seamus92

@ccmarch what do you mean by open stream? Do you mean the external panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Saturn77

Can only guess why not. I have the same question on the written test, why include it in a timed test if it's not going to be used or even marked. I can't recall reading that they would only count results of the SJT and Verbal reasoning in the OOM. Can anyone recall that being stated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Newbie12345The

Passed very well - near 135 oom and between 25/30 interdept….now the wait is on

Was there any reason why it was changed to a 1 year from a 2 year campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭smalltalker

Scraped a pass on the SJT yet again. When I finally figure out whatever it is they're looking for on that test, it's over for everyone else 😄 Any year now…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sully123

Did really well in numerical and verbal. But a measly 200 in situational sends me to the showers early. Several competitions done and I always flunk that one. Might try dropping acid for the next one.

It's been a pleasure....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Lexlyuter

Well done to everyone who passed and hard luck to those that just missed out. It was a tricky one!

I scored mid 20's for Galway. Does anybody think that this will be enough for an interview?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many of the maths questions you need to answer correctly to pass? There was a practice test on PublicJobs and I think it was only about 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ali1996B

I got 61 for OOM Kilkenny and 18 for Interdepartmental so I'm not sure about getting called/placed as Kilkenny really doesn't have a great demand on in terms of EO. I'm CO in Kilkenny for last 5 years and the panels are as slow as a wet week to move. Hope this helps anybody looking for information regarding Kilkenny

• Advertisement
Advertisement