Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

One of the ITK on WACCOE reckons he made himself unpopular at the club over the summer, and is walking a very fine line.

They did have some very good info regarding transfers over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

"I don't think we had a single chance of note after they scored."

That's simply not true. We created numerous chances. In the first half alone Gnonto missed a great chance in front of goal and Solomon should have got a penalty. In the second half we butchered a number of chances where we had an extra man up by either taking the wrong option or playing a poor pass. It wasn't tactics or how we set up that lost us the game. It was simple failure to execute skills that did it for us.

Farke makes mistakes but if he is sacked now we will do very well to get someone better in.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Gnonto's chance was difficult. There was only one place he could put it, given the angle of his run and the keeper was out very quickly to close him down, wouldn't class it as a miss, rather a good piece of goalkeeping.

Can't agree that we created numerous chances after they scored. We did get ourselves into decent positions but don't think we made decent chances out of any of them and were restricted to long range shooting.

Should have too much for Cardiff and hopefully Coventry too but after that it's tricky. Norwich and Sunderland away and then Sheffield United at home on the Friday after the next break.

We'll know a lot more after those games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

some of the comments in pressers have given the same vibe alright. Talking about what the club decided to do rather than “we” etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

first goal for Ramazani. Cardiff with a player sent off too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Neewollah

I'm sorry, but if I was picking a penalty taker Pascal would be last of the starting 11. How the hell is he our 1st choice taker!!! Maybe thats why the board are considering Farkes future

if youre going to put a penalty down the middle, at lest lift it 3/4 feet off the ground.

How do Cardiff get the free kick when their own players clashed heads?

Farke does himself no favours with his subs, he really doesn't. Ampadu and Gruev not working to any creative effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

3pts.... that's about all to take from that game I think.

Missed sitters, missed penalties, multiple wrong options is all I picked up from commentary. Will need to see replay of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Pascal has already scored a penalty for us this season and has taken them in the past. Perhaps some posters don’t watch Leeds play.

I think its a valid question when we have Gnonto who scored 4 pens, Ramazani who scored 5 pens and Struijk who has scored 2 pens.

I watch Leeds nearly every week. What other clubs have a centre half taking their penalties? Not as if he's a silky ball playing centre half either or spraying cross field balls for fun. If Joseph or any of the front 6 haven't the balls or the capabilities to bury a penalty I'd be worried for their mentality. As an opposition manager I'd be thrilled seeing Struijk walking up to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Maybe Struijk impressed most with penalties on the training ground? Anyway he’s unlikely to be taking one for a fair while.

And in terms of defenders taking them I remember feeling pretty confident whenever Mel Sterland stepped up. He took a fair few in his career and if I’m right he’s one of those rare players that never missed.

are you sure you watch them every week? Struijk has passing stats better than most other teams would have for 11 players. Not a great penalty, but his last one was very good. They've obviously decided that he takes them. None of the others fill me with confidence apart from Piroe, when he’s on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Farke said it's now 9 out of 10 for Struijk.

Transfermarkt seem to think it’s two scored and one missed for Struijk. Seems right or we’d surely remember a lot more? Daniel F may be relying on training ground stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cardiff sacked their manager after yesterday, luck that is normally reserved for other teams

Bearing in mind he's a centre half and passing the ball sideways to another defender or back to the keeper tends to make up a fair chunk of their passes.

It's a bad sign of a team in my opinion when none of the attacking players on the pitch have the ability to bury a ball from 12 yards. Our striker should be demanding the penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We did fine against Cardiff. But it's not Cardiff I am worried about. We will struggle to score against the better teams.

Two for Raphinha today, second top scorer in Spain between Lewandowski and Mbappe. Great to see that and delighted he didn’t end up back in the PL.

Good performance so far. Great saves in the first half from their keeper. Hope Ampadu is ok, but i think Tanaka has done well. Surprised he got the nod over Rothwell. Ramazani and Gnonto proving to be a handful to these defences,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Good solid win, we will be competitive again this season no doubt, whether we can go on a long run is a different story but I think we have an excellent manager that has consistently proven he can steady the ship after losing our major players

Routine wins, in consecutive weekends, against Cardiff and Coventry. The 1970s have returned.

Very quiet on here today. We must have been super good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If I had 91 chances to pick a team who'd get a comfortable win at home, I'd have failed the test

Best performance of the season. Everyone was on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Farke may have been confident in the win, and used the opportunity to give Tanaka a good 60 mins test. Opportunities to give fringe players minutes don't come too often, since games can so easily be lost with stupid selections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

No doubting that Cardiff and Coventry were awful but we'd have said the same about Sheffield Wednesday a few weeks ago and look what they did on Saturday.

This week will be a huge test on the road against what look like two of the better teams.

But I do think if we can rustle up 90 points again this year, we will defo go up as champions.

Difficult to see any of the other teams being anywhere near as consistent as Leicester or ipswich were.

Ampadu out for ten weeks.

Just watched the Southampton game. Absolutely crap team. How the hell did they beat us in the playoff final? Don't answer that.😀

And Wober going for surgery. Manor and DJ out for tonight. Squad looking thin now.

With Rodon already on three yellows. Very light in certain areas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Meslier should be saving that. Very central

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another bloody injury. The squad is already starting to look a bit light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Has saved 2 of 24 penalties before tonight, wouldn't ever expect meslier to save one.

High quality goal.

Rothwell should have done better with that chance.

Norwich look the more threatening team, we're hanging on a bit. I've been disappointed with Joseph this evening. I'd introduce Pat to see if we can change things around. So far only Gnonto looks like creating something for us.

And just as I typed that Gnonto sets up Largie who finished brilliantly

• Advertisement

Get in Raz 1:1

keepers damned if they do, damned if they don’t for penalties. Ramazani with a deserved equalizer. No balance at all with this ref either. Appalling not to give a yellow for a terrible challenge on Aaronson in the 1st half, then cards Rothwell for one nowhere as bad, seconds later.

Aaronsons final ball can be $hite sometimes.

So can Ramazani. Come on lads. Get the final pass through.

Stonewall peno.

Jesus Christ, Meslier is too scared to go long and get the ball up field.

Naw, Gnonto acting amateur hour. Good try though.

How many balls has Aaronson put through missing the runner and hitting the defender?

Bloody hell.

Subs just didn't work tonight.

Yeah it's a strange one, we were well on top after we scored but lost our momentum after the substitutions. Gnonto was very good tonight.

I would be concerned if we have to go with a midfield of Ao and Rothwell. Hopefully Gruev isn't out for long.

subs were to rest players before Fridays trip to Sunderland, I would have thought. Good to get Paddy and Joffy on the pitch. I'd really like to see him try Joffy and Mateo together some time.

I thought Joseph did pretty well considering be wasn't getting the ball. I think we chose the wrong option a good few times. When Gnonto passed the ball instead of taking a shot we scored. Tidy finish back across the keeper to.

Ref was very frustrating, Norwich were putting in some crunchers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement