Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to find how much council paid for a house

• 01-10-2024 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

So there was a house that the council bought in our estate back in 2017, I have confirmed this by checking the land registry landdirect.ie. However I am unable to find how much they paid for this on the property price register, is there any exceptions for council purchased property to not make it on the site ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The register comes from stamp duty returns. Maybe the council never stamped the deed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Escapees

Try searching the resister with proper.ie and mynest.ie, which can be better at pulling out possible matches. Also beware that simple spelling mistakes or errors with addresses in the resister are never or rarely corrected, apparently because of some legal issue which would involve silly legal fees on the buyers side I think. Try searching for parts of the address etc. in case this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭drogon.

Thanks, I searched both sites and it doesn't show up on either site. I was just curious what councils are paying for houses considering all the saga lately with security huts and bike shelters !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,702 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They are paying market rates. I sold a house to the council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,480 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

See, the government are not stupidly just paying over the odds for stuff as can be seen when they buy a house from a normal citizen.

The silly.figures come about when their friends are involved. The projects are just a vehicle to allow the transfer of public money.

So TD needs a house extension built handy.... get his friend a government contract and run all.the costs through that. When someone cops on, just say lessons have been learned and hide behind the opw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭drogon.

Thanks but did you offer to sell it to them for X being a market value or where they actively involved in bidding with Joe for said property ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,702 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I told them I was interested in selling it to them and they sent out an independent value (AKA a local estate agent) and they made an offer line with recent sales of similar houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Two houses on my road were sold to the council, and the prices paid are on the property price register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

So TD needs a house extension built handy.... get his friend a government contract and run all.the costs through that. When someone cops on, just say lessons have been learned and hide behind the opw.

That simply doesn't happen.

TD's do not award contracts, and have no input or influence in who they are awarded to.

Advertisement