Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

1160516061607160816091611»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nearly 20 minutes ago it happened and all.

Another poor moment for Jota, one of them days for him despite scoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Turn the sound off. It's much better. You have your own eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,977 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jota should've ended this game 3 or 4 times now

Jesus, 6 minutes?

Blow it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

An incredibly frustrating second half, so much passing going astray and poor decision making with the final ball.
    Could still come back to bite us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Turn the sound on or you won't hear the whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,513 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don’t know how Ibou got away without a card for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,527 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A walk in the park game made difficult by poor finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Made hard work of that, phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Got the 3 points a lot of talk of penalty incident no all talk of penalty incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,977 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

4 goals conceded in 10 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭eigrod

Great 3 points before the break. Should’ve made it easier for ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Got there in the end,it was not comfortable watching

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good win. Ali injured - again - and not getting a second were the negatives.

3 points again though with another clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Not the prettiest, but still 3 points is 3 points. I'm smiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

What's the going rate for a torn hammy these days? Might not see Ali until Christmas.

People will say we clung on but we created more then enough to win that today but Jota had a nightmare after his goal (which was excellent).

Alisson will be out for a lot of games but have full confidence in Kelleher, top the league going into the international break with improvements to no doubt come, enviable position to be in all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

3 more points feels great!

I think I'd be miffed though if that penalty decision went against us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I don't hate the early kick off as much when we're top and it puts the pressure on other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,513 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Will never take an away win and a clean sheet for granted in the 12:30 slot after a Wednesday night European game. That had banana skin written all over it and we’ve dropped so many points in previous seasons in that situation.

That was really an excellent result. Performances don’t matter too much right now while Slot is still implementing his ideas. We’re only going to start playing better over time, so getting results at this stage while not always playing well is just what we need.

Our start to the season has comfortably surpassed my expectations. I’m delighted tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Good point, especially for a City without Rodri/KDB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭brevity

I dunno man. There have been too many of these matches. Happy with the clean sheets but we need more goals!

Chelsea and Arsenal will be real tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Tricky game and another edgy win, made all the more stressful by the commentator's unflagging boner for a Palace penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭jack747

A tight 1-0 win. The sweetest of wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭893bet

Another 3 points. Not really been tested yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

We had many of those games under Klopp to. 12.30 kick offs, away from home, after a midweek european game are all about the 3 points. Take them and move on.

We have some disjointed performance of late, but we have also played some really good stuff. I'm not sure what else can be expected, we're only 10 games into a brand new managerial reign, after 8 years of Klopp. One of the biggest influences in the history of the club.

I'm actually amazed at the start we have had, and the disjointed displays has only been in fleeting periods throughout certain games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

This whole "not been tested" narrative really annoys me tbh. Glass half empty.

9 wins out of 10. Beat what is in front of you. Many teams can't.

New manager. Unbelievable start. Very enjoyable.

There will be plenty of difficult days ahead. Try and enjoy the good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭54and56

Giorgi Mamardashvili will be coming in to challenge Ali next Season with Kelleher allowed to go and Jaros as #3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,157 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

First half very very good. Controlled and dominant.

Second half, not so much and very nervous. I guess that was to be expected given the lack of killer finishing and tiring after the midweek game, while Palace didn't have one.

VVD & Gravenberch brilliant but Jota had a nightmare. He's lucky that he scored that first chance as everything after that was horrendous. He could/should have scored 3 and then messed up a great counter attacking opportunity at the end to play in Diaz and kill off the game.

Hooper had a shocker of a game too. I'm glad that Slot called him out on it after the game.

• Advertisement

Liverpool signing the Georgian keeper this summer is proving to be very smart now.

Ali is still a top level keeper and has the best ability in the world. But ability is nothing without availability.

We won't be scrambling to buy a keeper now next summer. I wouldn't be surprised if both Ali & Kelleher left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Anyone looking at the City game?? Fulham could easily have scored 3 already...I know people are having a slight go at us for not being fully on it, and getting away with it, but City are giving up a crazy amount of chances in every game this season. Nowhere near their best at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i enjoyed that.

we weren't clinical enough, but I liked how we tried to go about closing out the game. we stopped it being a basketball game. Palace's best chances came from Trent failing with a couple of Hollywood passes. you can't take that out of him, nor would you want to, but that's what happened.

by the way, Van Dijk has been ridiculous this season, and it's just accepted as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Notice the backwards corner all the way back to Jaros at 95 min. Sounds basic but a Klopp team doesn’t do that and often got caught out on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,226 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Was that the one where Trent played it back from the middle right hand side? Was smart enough.

Thought he defended well again today. On a day where Konate was both decent and shaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Thought we controlled the game very well in general for the last 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,527 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bottom 7 clubs have played 47 games between them, and only 4 wins in total, and Man U account for 2 of those wins. The gaps in this league is getting bigger and bigger every season between the top clubs and the smaller ones.

Darrent Fletcher arriving home and telling his wife that Palace should have had a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement

Nice cameo from Endo at the end too, loved the old school sliding tackle outside their box, he was tidy, the clear hand ball to put it out for a throw instead of a goal kick form then was top tier sh!thousery 👌

Advertisement