Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel are going to start WWIII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Well, we all know what they think about journalists, so that's unlikely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It may have been approved at a high level that doesn't always mean it's the wisest decision. I thought with the picture in the rubble it was enough to prove who it was. I think there calculation with the video was to convey the message that this is your fate if you take up arms against Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-said-to-request-us-send-second-thaad-missile-defense-battery-ahead-of-iran-attack/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Whose they? Respected journalists within Israel could confirm the death if they were shown, as can international journalists from around the globe. Some from neutral countries, some from Arab countries who would distrust Israel etc…

Rumors around Bin Laden only lasted for days (excluding the conspiracy theorists), Al-Qaeda confirmed the death 4 days later.

Israel is not really journalist-friendly right now. Compare reports coming from Gaza with those from Lebanon. What I'm mainly trying to point out is there is a plan behind releasing the drone footage this way. It might be a terrible plan, but there's some basic game plan and I'm curious as to what it is.

I'm talking about Israel, not Gaza or Lebanon. His body is in Israel, are you saying Israel would be hostile to journalists they invite into Israel to view the body? There's plenty of journalists reporting from Israel already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

what you actually mean is.

the message is, give us your land and leave, or be genocided.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thereiver

Theres an article on guardian.co.uk , comment. Its absolutely horrific they are destroying All the infrastructure in Gaza not just buildings Gaza is like a prison apart from there's a fair chance civilians will get bombed or shot

They tell people move to area x people are I'll and tired of being moved around

Yes it's hard to search buildings that might contain bombs or booby traps

But the IDF have access to advanced technology

but simply bombing hospitals and churches is not a fair solution it seems they ,ll defeat hamas by starving them and making Gaza totally unliveable

I think most experts would say what the IDF is doing is genocide

There seems to be no attempt to avoid killing innocent civilians women or children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

and give us your land or be slaughtered cause god says we are entitled.

because that is what this is all about.

israel don't care about the hostages and hamas is an extension of israel anyway.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Why do you think the Israelis are doing things this way? I'm curious to hear any theories because I doubt it has changed any opinion s on the ground.

• Advertisement

I've no clue why they did what they did. I'm only giving the other options they had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The 20,000 or so dead children didn't vote for them 18 years ago but I guess they got what they deserved as far as you're concerned, they were just Arabs anyway so they're guilty of that if nothing else in your warped worldview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'm not suggesting anything. Once again stop trying to say I've said something I didn't. Stop being dishonest. I'm just trying to wrap my head around your massive disconnect from reality.

42,000 dead people is not collateral damage. And why do you ignore 2 million being made refugees, and 100,000s facing forced starvation.

Palestinians are far far closer to any sort of existential crisis than Israel or Ukraine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭mountain

there will be no journalists allowed in the Israel, they might spread the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,131 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

You could ask the same question of Hamas. What did they hope to achieve by the attack on October 7th.

From the river to the sea Palestine will be free. Because Allah says its ours

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭halkar

Seriously ? You have two choices, die or die. What would you choose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They were attacked first is an incredible falsehood really that requires ignoring the history of the conflict in the years prior to the day the state of Israel was established but especially from December 1947-May 1948 when Zionist terror was killing thousands of Palestinians and forcing the removal 10s of thousands more.

UNSCOP didn't give Israel the right to forcefully remove anyone but they did, and they immediately set about trying to widen the agreed borders.

So while the day Israel was established it was attacked maybe be true, it's not true that it was the start of anything or even the first attack.

Another poster tried the same shite in the original Hamas Gaza thread. If you're going to conveniently ignore the facts of history, like people keep doing with October 7th (a horrific, inhumane escalation, but not the start) then nothing you state on this can be taken at face value really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭2Greyfoxes

Hamas being an instrument of the Iranian regime, who orchestrated the attack knowing full well that Israel would over react and turn Gaza into a land filled with ruin and death. The aim of that which was to throw a big spanner in the peace process that was gaining great momentum between Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Now we have what seems to be a forever war.

Even if Hamas and Hezbollah were destroyed, another terrorist group would take their places.

This is a conflict that will only end if Israel were not there, but Israel is there, and should be there.

So peace is not obtainable in that region. It is a forever war... which the industrial war machines are quite happy with I imagine.

Post edited by 2Greyfoxes at

Clever word play may win debates, but it doesn't make it true.

Understanding and explaining things, is not the same as justifying them, if in doubt… please re-read this statement.

Based on his posts over the years, he doesn't view them as humans and the bonus for him is the imaginary point scoring against "the left".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭volchitsa

So the Jews expelled from Turkey and various places around the Middle East are not relevant to any of this? I mean, it seems to me you're picking just the departure of Arabs from Israel when in fact there were multiple crossover population movements following the break up of the Ottoman Empire. What you're doing is like saying that the descendants of Muslims in Pakistan who arrived there during and after partition are entitled to their land in India, and to murder random Indian civilians if they don't get, but that Indians who fled Pakistan have no equivalent rights.

Not to mention the fact that many of the Arabs who left did so at the instigation of their own side, who told them that this would leave the way clear for the Arab armies to destroy the Jews, and that they would come back after the inevitable victory.

And unlike most* of the rest of the former Ottoman Empire, from which non Muslim minorities have now almost disappeared, Israel has a 20% Arab minority who are well-represented at all levels of the state. Compare that to Gaza, where local employees even in the christian NGOs were nearly all Muslims, because the local authorities would not cooperate with Christians.

• *Lebanon being the exception - but then it was created to be the "Christian majority" state, with all the others being set up as Muslim majorities. What a coincidence that the only other state that is tolerant towards its minroties is the "Christian" one. Mind you, look how well that's worked out for Lebanon.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

I really don't get this idea that he was fighting to the end: he was sitting, terribly injured, in a ruined house and was only able to vaguely fling a stick of some sort at the drone which he knew was about to bring that information back to the IDF, so if he could knock it down he had some chance. But that's not exactly fighting on the front line.

Not to mention that there's a second argument among pro Hamas commentators which is that he was murdered - but both of those can't be true.

As for the hostages, one possible explanation why there were none there is that there are none left alive, or none that are well enough to be of any use to him when moving around outside the tunnels (the six that were executed were in terrible physical condition). Given that many were old or already injured, it's very likely that they would only slow everything down even further. And any that are young and strong enough to move quickly would be quite likely to use the fact of being outside to escape.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's a matter of timing, Hamas want to take the population of Gaza with them, for their own religious reasons and much of the populace of Gaza are willing to help in that

Yes, I mentioned earlier that most of the hostages are likely dead. If there was enough of them alive, he wouldn't need to move from tunnel to tunnel. It would make more sense to stay put and surround himself with them.

I interpreted the throwing of the stick as a futile but defiant act. He was severely injured, he knew what his fate was.

They think now that the hostages shot in September where with him but were killed when moving them became so difficult, his fate was sealed. Like his sister who he had killed for having an extramarital affair, according to his faith.

He himself killed people just because they were gay.

I know you are not saying it but there are a lot of people online in this country making out he was Gandhi and Che all in one and I'm frankly shocked

They don't have much option. Stuck in a tiny space between Hamas and a military who has been reprimanded by their closest ally over their conduct during the war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭circadian

Oh wow. I didn't realise you were on the ground in Gaza performing interviews amongst Gazans in refugee camps about this.

Fair play.

I wasn't aware about the killing of his sister. I have not seen such posts, but they are indeed distasteful and misguided. We would see the same misguided sentiment expressed If Bibi was killed , unfortunately. War criminals, regardless of what side they are on, should not be feted

When small children were brought into Gaza, several without their mothers, and nobody was willing to help have them freed, even by an anonymous phone call, and the older children when released told of having been beaten by ordinary Gazans when they arrived, I don't think the real problem is desperation, it's brainwashing into blind hatred.

Have you seen or read anything from Mosab Hasan Yousef, the son of a Hamas commander who defected to Israel, describing how they are taught to hate Jews and to long for "martyrdom"?*

And yes I know the reply will be "But the Israelis" and I know there's some truth to that - but it's a whole other level. Shani Louk's dead body was paraded around Gaza for ordinary Gazans to spit on. She wasn't a soldier, she was a German tourist who was at a music festival FFS. Meanwhile, the corpse of Sinwar, who is no doubt the most hated man in Gaza (for Israelis) because of his actions, was treated perfectly normally. It's a small thing, but typical. There's a personal hatred there that is not about personal suffering - it's deliberately taught to the children, including in the UNRWA schools.

That's why it's relevant when a teacher is found to have been one of those who crossed into Israel on Oct 7th - because for every one who did so and was caught, there will be many others who didn't actually do it, or else wasn't caught, but supported it, and will have been teaching that to their pupils.

That's also why peace activists on the Israeli side were sometimes betrayed by so-called peace activists they had been cooperating with in Gaza, who gave their phone numbers and even information about their homes etc to Hamas to use during the attack. Same with workers from Gaza who had been employed in the kibbutzim - notes were found like "he has a dog that barks but won't bite". The level of hatred among ordinary Gazans, pre Oct 7th, is comparable only with the most extreme right wing Israeli settlers - but they weren't attacked on Oct 7th. Which doesn't send a very peaceful message to Israelis.

Now you know, lovely weather here and food is great.

It's probably been pointed out before, but Sinwar was known as the Butcher of Khan Yunis, not for killing Israelis, but for killing Gazans.

It's really odd that the people saying that aggression from Israel will only create a new generation of haters never seem to apply the same logic to violence from Hamas against Palestinians.

Almost as though that's not the cause of the hatred at all, and they know that. They're just excusing it.

• Advertisement

Hamas have some supporters no doubt , that was never in doubt, but how many who might object to them would will be wiling to speak out for fear of retribution. The hatred doesn't exist in a vacuum either, if you dehumanise and brutalise people through occupation some are ripe for being radicalised. It's not right, but its just the reality of the situation .

We also see hatred expressed towards all Palestinians by many Likud supporters and those who back settlers in the West Bank. We have seen many videos from Israeli Soliders and civilians mocking Palestinians and generally reveling in their suffering . There were Israelis holding parties celebrating the carnage in Gaza . Most disturbingly quite a few Israelis think the military response in Gaza is too soft. There is plenty of hate to go around unfortunately.

Ps. I have heard of this guy. I can agree with a lot of what he says, but I disagree with him when he says there are no Palestinians and no occupation.

Post edited by nacho libre at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Jesus Christ.

Very difficult scenes. An Israeli drone targeted a child with live ammunition on a street in northern Gaza, and when citizens gathered to rescue and help him, they were directly bombed.

How can the defenders of the IDF twist the narrative of something like this to blame the victims? Was the child in Hamas? Were the good Samaritans who came to help them secret jihadis.

Somebody in the IDF. Some twisted sadist watched that scene via a drone and made the decision to not only fire a rocket at that injured child but they did so after waiting for people to come to his aid.

Pure Evil.

From what I have read he was essentially forced to go above ground, as the tunnel network in that area had been sealed by the IDF. He was hiding with some Hamas terrorists, who decided to give away their position by firing upon the IDF. The IDF used a tank to clear the area the shooting was coming from. This resulted in him being wounded badly, he managed to crawl onto a chair, by this point rhe drone was flown in to see what the situation was in the rooms.

With his last ounce of strength he feebly threw a piece of wood at the drone.he had a gun in his hand.

He died if his wounds, and was found by the IDF. From the photo we have seen his body hasn't been desecrated, nor has his body been paraded as a grisly trophy.

Understanding and explaining things, is not the same as justifying them, if in doubt… please re-read this statement.

I saw this earlier and was going to post it but decided not to because I couldn't stomach the potential 'but HAMAS' excuses that would probably get posted, assuming the usual suspects even bother to chime in which they tend not to in these cases. It's hard to defend the indefensible.

War brings out the worst in some people... seeing how detached the drone operator was from the area, it just further fuels that cruelty.

As modern technology advances, war becomes more horrific for the innocent civilians caught up in all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

My experience is that posting anything like this (or rampant settlers on the attack in the West Bank) that is truly indefensible just gets ignored by the posters whose narrative these sorts of truths do not fit.

Also let us not forget these are the most moral army in the world. The child and the bystanders obviously had it coming to them, like the nuns that were sniped and those sheep.

Yeah they'll just ignore it, or at best there'll be a 'look over there' post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Well, but Israel is not going to disappear, or not voluntarily anyway, so that's not a useful starting point, unless they can defeat Israel militarily, which I don't think anyone believes.

Basically you can't change other people, you can only change yourself, and it's something similar for Gaza.

Where the hell did I say that Israel has to "disappear"? If you want to have an honest conversation about this stop putting words in other people's mouths.

The Israeli government supported Hamas because Hamas initially presented itself as a peaceful organisation

This is completely untrue. Hamas NEVER presented itself as a "peaceful organisation", that won't wash. As far back as 2006, both Fatah and the Palestinian Authority lamented the dissolution of the Qureia government and the rise of the more hardline Hamas organisation. Israel deliberately facilitated that rise in order to marginalise the abilities of Fatah and the PA to achieve a two state solution. George Bush said at the time that it wouldn't be able to deal with Hamas. Ehud Olmert, who was acting PM in Israel at the time said Israel couldn't accept Hamas in its present form.

That didn't stop Netanyahu and his headbangers supporting them and sending them money however.

Obviously in hindsight that was a stupid mistake for Israel to make

There was nothing "hindsight" or a "mistake" about it. It was a deliberate and concerted effort to minimise the efforts of the PA to achieve two state solution, regardless of the consequences. Netanyahu KNEW what Hamas was and he damn well knew the kitchen fire he was throwing oil onto. There's no innocence involved here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Id say that house is fairly reinforced alright

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement

Shamir's advisers warned him not to assist Yassin and his movement but he ignored them and we know why that was.

As you point out it wasn't a mistake it has been a deliberate policy of Likud going back to the 80s and continued by Bibi. Incidentally Shamir and Bibi hated each other but what united them was their steadfast desire to thwart a two state solution, if that meant propping up Islamists so be it.

I would say it's comical (but there's nothing funny about ethnic cleansing) that the usual lot haven't bothered engaging with your post over an hour later, but when evidence of actual crimes against humanity is just ignored it really demonstrates their position on how they view Arab lives.

Very edgy. What do you want to gain from this display of a total lack of humanity, in a pathetic attempt at trolling, on a dying message board?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Where are you getting this stuff from? The hostages shot in September were with him? Throw up a link or two there to back that up

There won't be any evidence, this poster finds crimes against humanity amusing so why would they bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

That's exactly what you look like, an edgelord claiming fakery because the scumbags you cheerlead have yet again been caught on video executing children and civilians.

It would be for your racist language. I dont think you should be banned, sunlight is the best disinfectant.

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea what you are trying to say or is it just words for the sake of it?

Advertisement