Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to Supercans?

• 24-05-2005 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭

Does anybody remember the Supercans of Coke, Fanta, 7up etc that we used to get when we were kids?

Why did they disappear???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

They made bottles instead.. I loved those cans!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Did you ever look at ads for soft drinks on old films you recorded ages ago etc? They always pictured cans whereas no almost all ads are of bottles. When you go into shops these days they also tend not to sell cans or else a smaller collection of them.

They seem to be phasing out cans the way they did those little Cadet bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Cans are much better than bottles. The drink tastes better, and they're a better amount to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Blisterman wrote:
    Cans are much better than bottles. The drink tastes better, and they're a better amount to drink.

Yeah, a good auld Clue Orange can, yum. I never see Fanta cans anymore!

Ah cadet bottles of coke. Used to get them on the way home from a day out with Dad. Cadet bottles and straws!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

Sweet Jebus!!!!! I remember these cans!! Oh man. I love this forum, this is the best forum ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

There's another thread about Supercans here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=238125

I remember them too. But the only ones I ever saw around here were the Coke ones. Don't remember ever seeing supercan-sized 7Up, Fanta and Club Orange and things, though.

Always would get a supercan of Coke whenever I'd be going to the cinema. Such a shame they don't do them anymore. Soft drinks just don't taste the same out of a bottle. :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Freaky. I was just thinking about supercans the other day. I vaguely remember being able to get Lilt supercans, but it could just be old age playing tricks with my mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Larianne wrote:
    Ah cadet bottles of coke. Used to get them on the way home from a day out with Dad. Cadet bottles and straws!

Ah yes, Cadet coke. Or "mucky puddle-water" as we used to call it. :D Still, though, when you'd be thirsty after running around on a hot summer's day and you went to the shop only to find you only had enough change on you for a bottle of Cadet coke, that "mucky puddle-water" never tasted so good! :D

Similarly, does anyone else remember the small bottles of "Sport" coke and orange and lemonade? At least, I think it was called "Sport". Something like that anyway. I think it had a picture of a football on the label or something. Similar to Cadet in that it tasted manky but you'd gladly settle for it when you couldn't afford anything else! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I remember the supercan of Canada Dry.
    That's double retro.

Who remembers the Canada Dry ads with the guy waiting for the really long train to pass at a level crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

i miss supercans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭cml387

The two guys saw an ad "Drink Canada Dry". So they went.

Advertisement