Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7800GTX 512MB found!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Matt Simis wrote:
    Lol, the top half of your post describes non-Computer parts basically (Metal case, Fridge etc, tubing etc)! :p

Gline is right too, Ive had 3 Prommies (2x Mach1 and 1x MachII) and all have failed in one way or another. Have one right here with a broken temp sensor, the only repair place I found (extreme prometeia I think) want something like £150 + shipping to fix it (yes, pound sterling). Just not really worth that.

Matt

leaks can be common too, there is a lot to go wrong and their value decreases over time even if they are in perfect condition. Sure i picked up a vapo PE here for under 300 i think a good while ago and it was perfect, because that is all they are worth then (it was about 2-3years old)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Yeah a good ss will set you back bout 2k or so but is worth half that the second u use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

That Prometia Mach 2 lasted 6 years in the end fwiw! Just having a nostalgia trip trough the old threads! Back in the day when you could build a mad rig for not much more than one cutting edge gpu!

Advertisement