Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bosco Theme Tune

• 05-08-2009 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

I know this has been posted probably a thousand and one times. But Ive searched through and cant fint a working link to the theme.

So if anyone knows a working link I'd be very grateful...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't know if you wanted a sound file of this or not but below is the youtube link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Wow that brings back some memories!!! An mp3 link would be perfect if anybody has one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

The visuals alone are actually a bit creepy, this would be interesting overdubbed with sinister music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

Just use http://www.mediaconverter.org Enter the youtube link - convert to mp3 - download and your done:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Ahhhh cheers!! Handly tool! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

flanree wrote: »
    The visuals alone are actually a bit creepy, this would be interesting overdubbed with sinister music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
    F*cking Brilliant!!! It's even in sync with movements!!! Great Work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Wow that brings back some memories!!! An mp3 link would be perfect if anybody has one?

I have this on my hard drive for ages, it an MP3 contained within a ZIP file as boards don't allow you to upload MP3 as attachments. Unzip it and bob's your uncle. Bosco was class back when I was a nipper, I recently found several painted shoe boxes in the attic at home which I had constructed around when I was 5 or 6 years as replicas of his car. I was sad when he went off the air as a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

That clip brings back so many memories. Remember the little 'hello' and 'goodbye' songs ('That's the end - goodbye, goodbye - that's all we have time for today...')? And the animation shorts? Gregory Grainneog? The McSpuds? Ah, the 80s. We were poor, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Just when I thought I had seen the back of Bosco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

And the magic door to round it off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You know what used to p*ss me off? .....'knock knock any more'...fcuk sake:rolleyes:..it just doesn't sound right grammatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I have the Bosco album on vinyl :D i will have to convert to mp3 one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

It became a bit too sinister in the end.
    transylman wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

deadhead13 wrote: »
    It became a bit too sinister in the end.

Yeah Bosco looked like a bit of an axe murderer with the hat on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I don't know happened here, my post was supposed to be in a new bosco thread in the TV forum....ah well, never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dungeon wrote: »
    Just when I thought I had seen the back of Bosco.

no this is the back of Bosco

hand-back.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Who remembers this from the LLS Toy Show 85? I remember finding it extremely unsettling, it hasn't gotten any less weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭spakman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Jeez that’s the weirdest thing ever! Bizarre dreams ahead for me tonight I think!

It’s also not even good from a choreography perspective, it’s so basic. Unfortunately the terrible music is trapped in my head now though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Long shot but does anyone know exactly what instruments were used to record the theme music? Sounds vaguely like a Lowrey organ of some description but that's purely a guess...

Another weird Bosco related memory from around the same time time as that Toyshow thing, in fact it was very fresh in my memory when I saw this. It was a sketch on Davis At Large (Derek Davis variety show on Sunday nights that ran between 84-86).

Someone, probably Fran Dempsey, was done up to look like Bosco complete with wig. I think it had him smoking and expressing amorous feelings about Marion. At the end a seductive female voice can be heard coming from his box saying "come on down here". Bosco gives a lecherous cackle and hangs up a "do not disturb sign" before popping down.

Id completely forgotten about that cartoon Blip, it appears here at 07:35. Was there more than one? Philip says lets see what the Blips are doing today but I can just remember this one, where the fecker goes swimming and nearly drowns. Was it specially produced as part of Bosco or was it one of these dubbed European cartoons? What was he supposed to be anyway, some kind of talking walking aubergine?

Advertisement