Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I'm on the Louth/Monaghan border.... dare I dream or is snow likely in this area over the coming days? Tis my birthday this Sunday, I'd love some snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

embee wrote: »
    I'm on the Louth/Monaghan border.... dare I dream or is snow likely in this area over the coming days? Tis my birthday this Sunday, I'd love some snow :)

Although I'm no weather expert embee I think I can safely say that no one can tell you for definate if there will be snow or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

A prayer from me for some snow, would love some.

And then when we have snow for a couple of days, I want this cold spell to b*gger off. :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

Please God make the weather get milder so my water comes back.
    its been 6 days now.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanregan

forecast

i have one question why the fuk is this called global warming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'm staying away from this one. Sometimes I'd love to be a mod :rolleyes:

???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Although I'm no weather expert embee I think I can safely say that no one can tell you for definate if there will be snow or not.

Aye, sure I know that! I was only asking the weatherheads here if it was likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Another let down, same old story, you build yourself up and think "this is it, this is the one" and what do you get - just another kick in the teeth.......................oh sorry I thought I was on the Relationship Issues Forum....... wrong forum.....

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Rain has stopped, wind has died down a good bit, and the temperature has risen to 4.3C. To the weather gods I say: bah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Snow is unpredictable like a dream that drifts into your mind without any forewarning of when it will arrive or what it will be; don’t be surprised if some of you at least, wake up to a white dreamy wonderland, with the odd bit of yellow where lassie has taken quick whizz (and don't eat the brown stuff that ain't someones dropped dairy milk). ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What is wrong with this bloody forum nowadays :( we don't need any more snow or ice we need a bloody thaw.

Ireland can't handle long periods of cold and frost , we have no grit , bankrupt local authorities , no snow chains. We are not equipped for this crap.

Let's get back to doing what we can handle. Mild and wet. As for the muppets who nowadays infest this forum looking for snow forecasts , go to the Cuckoos Nest and write snow poetry for each other will ye :(

Aye, sure I know that! I was only asking the weatherheads here if it was likely!

will der be more snow:eek:

Another let down, same old story, you build yourself up and think "this is it, this is the one" and what do you get - just another kick in the teeth.......................oh sorry I thought I was on the Relationship Issues Forum....... wrong forum.....

Tomorrow Elmer, tomorrow........

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

;) ha ha... i;m having that day today...i feel your pain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Haha dewpoint has finally fallen here but the temp is on the rise big time:pac: you can't win:p 5.4C/1.1C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Hi, your from Ardee? Co Louth? Em it's very difficult to predict where snow may fall. It could snow in your area but then again it may not snow in your area. I don't know tbh, does anyone know? No, I don't think they do. So in summary it may snow where you are over the next few days, you have a better chance then most or it may not. But you have a chance Tomorrow and over the next few days. I can't put a percentage on that chance because of the millions of variables that have to be considered and I have to hit the hay.

Yes you probrably will get snow

..probrably

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

well gothwalk i totally agree.. cloud coverage my way is minimal.. full moon tonight if you were wondering :D

gothwalk wrote: »
    Rain has stopped, wind has died down a good bit, and the temperature has risen to 4.3C. To the weather gods I say: bah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    Haha dewpoint has finally fallen here but the temp is on the rise big time:pac: you can't win:p 5.4C/1.1C

Yeah what does this mmean Trog - im still sleeting

wheres me bleedin snow ??? flares are at the ready

I forgot to add that when we were up on the military road tonight,the telephone cables were completely weighted down with frozen snow stuck round them.
    They were practically on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Oh wont somebody think of the children. They have to play in the snow;-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

M2 Buoy DP is now 1.8

Drove from blanchardstown to newbridge, Left blanchchardstown around 11pm and got home around 12 ,

The Journey had everything , Lashing Rain/Sleet/Hail/Snow at different points along the trip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

The M2 DP is definately reflective of the haily sleet I had just now. On the tipping point for snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    Yeah what does this mmean Trog - im still sleeting

wheres me bleedin snow ??? flares are at the ready

Means the cold air is here but the sea is still mixing it up, would drop down low in a good heavy snow shower:D 5.3C/0.8C

That god damn dew point is looking for a good slap!! :mad: Its been bouncing back and forth between 1.4c and 1.6c all freakin' night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Richyj_0

gothwalk wrote: »

To be honest, I thought it seemed colder. Thats not too cold. Its still cloudy out, I'd say it could rain again soon and maybe more if the temperature drops. :rolleyes:

darkman2 wrote: »
    The M2 DP is definately reflective of the haily sleet I had just now. On the tipping point for snow.
    Looking at the NE radar loop , the precip is shrinking as it moves mostly west and a little south.
    No dp drop here and it's currently dry.
    Radar says precip is a few miles north of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    Means the cold air is here but the sea is still mixing it up, would drop down low in a good heavy snow shower:D 5.3C/0.8C

deadly deadly :D:D but me flares got saturated :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement