Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

• 14-04-2010 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Timmywalldo

and which is your favourite and why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Riddle101

My top 10

Nothing Else Matters- This was the first Metallica song I listened to and what got me into Metallica, and imo their best despite what some Metallica fans might say about people who like the Black Album

One- Hardcore man, just hardcore. It was also the second song I heard so that's also a given

Welcome Home(Sanitarium)- This was a late song that I started listening to, but I bought the Master of Puppets album pretty late anyway. Good song and I also love some of the covers that were done by Anthrax and Corey Taylor

Sad But True- Just love the song, is all I can say

Master of Puppets- Another late song as said above but I have to admit, at first I wasn't sure about the song but it actually grew on me and became one of my favourites

Enter Sandman- Definately has to be on my list. Just great

The Unforgiven 2- Love all 3 of them but this one is my favourite of them

The Unforgiven- I think it deserves to get onto my list all the same

Seek and Destroy-Love it

Harvester- Gotta go with Harvester as my last, it's an awesome song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Oh FFS.

There is more music out there than fcukin Metallica.

Mods,would it be possible to have a Metallica super thread where everything can be stored.Its a near weekly thing at this stage that some inane thread is started about them,enough is enough surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Timmywalldo

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Oh FFS.

Mods,would it be possible to have a Metallica super thread where everything can be stored.Its a near weekly thing at this stage that some inane thread is started about them,enough is enough surely.

Can yee make a tread on weight lifting while yer at it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Oh FFS.

Nobody's stopping anyone from creating threads about other bands. In fact I think there should be a thread done for a different band each week. My opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

We could do with a Metallica super thread though.

I'd personally be more likely to go in and read it than 2 or 3 seperate Metallica related threads.

What do you say Malice? You seemed like you were gonna start one a while back.

• Advertisement

I agree but my point is that Metallica threads are always cropping up,a super thread would allieviate this,ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

Oh FFS.

Insane is a mighty strong word to be usin for a metallica thread

Oh FFS.

kdave wrote: »
    Insane is a mighty strong word to be usin for a metallica thread

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I dont have particular fav's cause I love them all depending on the mood

but my fav album is the black album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

yes another Metallica thread get in there :pac: face it all you haters Metallica ARE the greatest metal and heres the songs to prove it....

Blackened
    Master of Puppets
    For Who the Bells Tolls
    Fade to Black
    The Unforgiven
    To Live is To die
    Dyers Eve
    One
    Orion
    The Call of Ktulu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

yeah, but Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning and And Justice for all are ****.

....am i doing this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

yeah, but Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning and And Justice for all are ****.

....am i doing this right?

no no no your doing it arsedways ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

fartmaster wrote: »
    yes another Metallica thread get in there :pac: face it all you haters Metallica ARE the greatest metal and heres the songs to prove it....

Blackened
    Master of Puppets
    For Who the Bells Tolls
    Fade to Black
    The Unforgiven
    To Live is To die
    Dyers Eve
    One
    Orion
    The Call of Ktulu

Strictly speaking, they aren't songs, as they have no lyrics in them! :D

fartmaster wrote: »

Im far from a Metallica hater and I would hazard a guess that Ive been listening to them longer than you have been alive given your just super funny user name,what I hate is pointless threads like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Im far from a Metallica hater and I would hazard a guess that Ive been listening to them longer than you have been alive given your just super funny user name,what I hate is pointless threads like this one.

Pointless agreed!!! so sick of metallica treads also! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was there not a vote thing on making a Metallica superthread to cut down the number of weekly 'tallica threads? Or was that not mod related?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Since a lot of people are waiting for Malice_ to do it I've decided that I'll do it. :)

All discussion of Metallica goes here.

That's it really, remember to keep it civil. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Jako8 wrote: »
    discussion of Metallica goes here.

metallica are sh*t. they justify the existence of chavs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Jako8 wrote: »
    Since a lot of people are waiting for Malice_ to do it I've decided that I'll do it. :)

All discussion of Metallica goes here.

Apologies, I was actually going to create one after I saw that 10 best Metallica songs thread. I'll merge that thread in here after I've posted. Hopefully it won't mess things up too much.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    What do you say Malice? You seemed like you were gonna start one a while back.
    I did a poll to see what the general consensus was and I think the majority of posters were in favour, I just never actually got around to it. That was probably due to the fact that there was a lull in new Metallica threads being created :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Malice_ wrote: »
    I did a poll to see what the general consensus was and I think the majority of posters were in favour, I just never actually got around to it. That was probably due to the fact that there was a lull in new Metallica threads being created :).

They were lulling you into a false sense of security. Lulling I say!

Okay I merged the threads but now the first few posts might not make a whole lot of sense. There doesn't appear to be an "unmerge" function so you're stuck with it the way it is :).

For the record my 10 favourite Metallica songs are:
    Ride the Lightning
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Fade to Black
    Creeping Death
    The Call of Ktulu
    Master of Puppets
    Sanitarium
    Orion
    One
    Harvester of Sorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Denny M wrote: »
    Was there not a vote thing on making a Metallica superthread to cut down the number of weekly 'tallica threads? Or was that not mod related?

whats the point? dumb f*cks will just make ANOTHER poxtallica superthread, amidst the other ones that were too dumbtallica to even notice the superthreads.

The charter should be amended and Metallica threads should go the way of "yore ma" in After Hours.Any mention of them outside the superthread should result in a perm ban from the forum.*

May contain traces of tongue in cheek =)

Star Bingo wrote: »
    whats the point? dumb f*cks will just make ANOTHER poxtallica superthread, amidst the other ones that were too dumbtallica to even notice the superthreads.
    The point is pretty obvious - keeping all Metallica discussion in one place. If new Metallica-related threads get created, I'll move them to this thread. If posters keep creating Metallica threads then I'll get out the oul ban-stick.
    The charter should be amended and Metallica threads should go the way of "yore ma" in After Hours.Any mention of them outside the superthread should result in a perm ban from the forum.
    I don't think we need to go that far :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

There'll be a new St. Anger thread in a matter of days!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm gonna go and resurrect all the old Metallica threads :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

My top 10, in no particular order at all.

Master of Puppets
    Four Horsemen
    Damage Inc
    Dyers Eve
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Creeping Death
    Orion
    Motorbreath
    Battery

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

At one time Metallica were brilliant. They had a point, they had youthful aggression, they had hunger, then sometime during the Black album they started to fade (fade...to Black?...geddit :D:()

There are some great songs on the black album and they have had one or two good pieces since then but overall they have become fat and tired and a pale shadow of their former selves.

My favourite songs? Hard to choose.

Orion (love listening to this when I'm driving for some reason)
    One
    Blackened
    The four Horsemen
    Battery
    Disposable Heroes
    Dyer's Eve
    Unforgiven
    Mama Said (You heard me! :mad:)
    Anasthesia (pulling teeth)

EDIT: Love fade to black and For Whom the bells toll as well :D

• Advertisement

Beekay wrote: »
    I'm gonna go and resurrect all the old Metallica threads :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Given how many of them there probably are I bet you lose interest after the first five :).

Advertisement