Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Stuff Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

shizz wrote: »
    Hey it looks like we might be god to something else.

My thoughts exactly. Let's send some of it to other planets. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Along with really vague instructions on how any of the new life forms that emerge are going to hell if they're gay?

Sarky wrote: »
    Along with really vague instructions on how any of the new life forms that emerge are going to hell if they're gay?

Nah it'd be far more interesting if it was vague instructions on how heterosexuals would be going to hell. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Cossax wrote: »

Pity the hen died. Can't see this catching on through natural selection too quick if it straight up kills the mother.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Been listening to a good podcast lately called "Rationally Speaking".

Easy to find on iTunes.

Here's the website:http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Gbear wrote: »
    Been listening to a good podcast lately called "Rationally Speaking".

Easy to find on iTunes.

Here's the website:http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

I can find Massimo Pigliucci stand offish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Musings on the future, glad to see Krauss there to balance the talk.

• Advertisement

4542423536_fe582f5359_o.jpg

So it should really read, "You were here.":)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

*waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,284 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pfft.... typical hipster Mars Rover with their black & white photography...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

RADIO PRESENTER RAY D’Arcy has refused to offer an apology or retraction to the “hierarchy of the Catholic Church” for telling listeners of his TodayFM show last week that the “Catholic Church, in many ways, has ****ed up this country”.
    However, D’Arcy did offer an apology to listeners for the language he used.

http://www.thejournal.ie/no-apology-no-retraction-ray-darcy-on-catholic-church-f-bomb-426129-Apr2012/

Good man Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Fortyniner

It's worth reading the comments, both on yesterday's and today's Journal articles. Good for the old heart..

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The 'moral dumbfounding' behind our political choices
    Jonathan Haidt is a professor in social psychology and author of The Righteous Mind, an examination of the intuitive foundations of morality and its consequences. He has some disgusting stories for you.

Imagine, if you will, a man going to a supermarket, buying a ready-to-cook chicken, taking it home, and having sexual intercourse with it. He then cooks it and eats it.

Or imagine a brother and sister who go on holiday, and end up sleeping together. They feel that it brings them closer, and are very careful with birth control so there's no absolutely chance of pregnancy.

Don't worry if you found these stories sick and wrong -- most people do. But trying to pin down what exactly is wrong with these stories can be tricky. No one is harmed, the food isn't wasted, the siblings are happy, yet it's somehow still wrong. This is "moral dumbfounding', the strong feeling that something is wrong without clear reasons as to why that is. According to Haidt, this offers a deep insight into human morality, and has profound implications for politics and religion.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

koth wrote: »
    A man buys a cooked chicken, makes sweet love to it and then cooks it.
    :confused:
    That's not very healthy, recooking a chicken.
    A brother mates with his sister, "there's no absolutely chance of pregnancy".
    Eh, what :confused::confused:
    Which birth control is 100% safe? Except abstinence and fiddling children of course.

I haven't gotten over these two conundrums yet, never mind using my moral compass to decide anything.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

dmw07 wrote: »
    :confused:
    That's not very healthy, recooking a chicken.

Eh, what :confused::confused:
    Which birth control is 100% safe? Except abstinence and fiddling children of course.

I haven't gotten over these two conundrums yet, never mind using my moral compass to decide anything.

It's a ready-to-cook chicken, not a cooked chicken ;)

The second one is excluding pregnancy from the hypothetical.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

let's say for the sake of argument that the brother is shooting blanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Or maybe he only does her in the bum-bum?

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm some sort of apathetic immoral atheist but what two consenting adults choose to do to one another in their private lives is none of my business. Especially, if there's no harm to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Dave! wrote: »
    Or maybe he only does her in the bum-bum?

SODOMY!
    /Outrage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Jernal wrote: »
    Maybe I'm some sort of apathetic immoral atheist but what two consenting adults choose to do to one another in their private lives is none of my business. Especially, if there's no harm to others.
    what if you found out they were both putting on masks made from a mould of your face while having sex and making squealing noises like pigs?
    surely the creepy feeling would be enough to give you a say in the matter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78081370

owl-orly-300x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

Dades wrote: »

Shouldn't there be an A between the R and the L?

:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

A+A's favourite hunk with a new angle:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Couple of my friends are doing that in England in May. I was going to but decided I'm in no way fit enough haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

RADIO PRESENTER RAY D’Arcy has refused to offer an apology or retraction to the “hierarchy of the Catholic Church” for telling listeners of his TodayFM show last week that the “Catholic Church, in many ways, has ****ed up this country”.
    However, D’Arcy did offer an apology to listeners for the language he used.

http://www.thejournal.ie/no-apology-no-retraction-ray-darcy-on-catholic-church-f-bomb-426129-Apr2012/

Good man Ray.

I always laugh when I hear Catholics going on about "media-wide anti-catholic agenda".

Yeah, a media-wide agenda, like the one against rapists.:rolleyes:

Advertisement