Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawthorn tree

Options
  • 26-05-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi , Does anyone know where I can purchase a Hawthorn tree , close to dublin preferably.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

glennryan wrote: »
    Hi , Does anyone know where I can purchase a Hawthorn tree , close to dublin preferably.

Thanks

Tesco (Clarehall) and Lidl and Aldi were selling them off recently for 7 euro each.

About 5-6 feet in height.

You can also buy them in the likes of Tulleys Nurseries,Johnstown Garden Centre,and Orchard garden Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭glennryan

Thanks for reply!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

Flannerys nursery have them also, close to maynooth http://www.flannerysnurseries.com/asp/section.asp?s=1,, usually a cheaper than johnstown and the orchard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Most nurseries sell hawthorn at reasonable prices. From Sept - March expect to pay as little as 40cent for a 3ft long bare root plant.
    Shop around for good prices or check DoneDeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Bumping this back up- have seen a few places selling them online in Ireland but in bulk that would suit a farm. I just wanted a few to block up part of a hedge in Dublin and wanted a native species for the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Looks like Tully Nurseries have some bareroot hawthorn still in stock. Probably still need to buy a bunch rather than individually, but they're very cheap. Right at the end of bareroot season so you'd need to be quick.

https://shop.tullynurseries.ie/Product/View.aspx?Code=CRA002

Advertisement