Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

• 10-06-2014 6:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK folks the word has come down. We can now sell directly to each other in the community. This is the preliminary charter. If anyone has edits/additions/suggestions to this we'd welcome them by PM. No cluttering of the thread, I'm cluttering it enough. :)

New thread rules.

This thread is for the purpose of selling or swapping/trading timepieces and related items(straps/winders/etc).

There are now two options for the community;

1) As before: A link to an advert on Adverts.ie, with all transactions and discussions to be carried out on Adverts.ie under their rules and regulations. As before you can provide photos and details of the item to help with the sale, but not trading here.

2) New option: Adverts for sale or trading of timepieces and related items within the Watches & Timepieces community, but no Duplication of ads. If the item is for sale on Adverts/eBay/etc then any trading must be done away from this forum.

Rules for these in forum adverts are;

All discussions to remain on thread. No off thread dealing. This will result in a ban. Whoever offers the Asking price first gets first refusal. The Asking price is the last price that the Seller has posted for the item. After the Asking price is met, no user may offer more in an attempt to outbid the first offer. After the asking price has been accepted at this point PM exchange is OK to finalize the details.

Please update when sold and give feedback on the deal.

NO seeking of valuations or "testing the water". If the watch is listed here it will be deemed to be for sale or trade.

NO auctions.

NO bumping please.

NO including of email or phone details in ads. Not a good plan anyway folks, but can also be seen as inviting off thread dealing.

NO fake watches or links to fake watches. Instant ban.

NO dealers. If you want to sell watches in this manner please use other avenues like Adverts.ie. If someone is suspected of commercial dealing a permanent ban will follow.

As elsewhere NO quoting photos as this can be a right pain to navigate especially on phones/pads.

While someone's posting history and post count won't be a rigid rule, this free service is first and foremost open to and for this community and moderator discretion will be in play and final.

Boards.ie accepts no responsibility for any issues arising from adverts in this forum.

Thanks to all and good luck with the selling and buying. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Right then, I'll kick this off!

I've had this up on adverts for a while, but got nothing but low-ball offers. Bottom line is €900, which is a cracking deal for a watch that's still in shops for about €2400.

It's a Tag Heuer Aquaracer chrono. In perfect working order. Warranty ran out in April of this year, so good for another 3 years or so before a service would be needed. It's in great condition, with no bad scratches or dings. Could be polished up to like new. All boxes and papers are included. Bracelet is sized for a 7" wrist, and spare links are included.

11218506553_bb55f2bfb5_o.jpg
    AQ1 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

11218506443_deb45abea1_o.jpg
    AQ2 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

11218506133_4fcf983225_o.jpg
    AQ3 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

11218399016_55a94da4f8_o.jpg
    AQ4 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

11218398826_87825f3e25_o.jpg
    AQ5 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

11218384164_db5d4507e0_o.jpg
    AQ6 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Steinhart Marine Chronometer II that I took in part trade against my Ball watch a few weeks back.

http://www.adverts.ie/casual/steinhart-marine-chronometer-ii/5712314

DSC07536_zps7c6cf664.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

Since nobody wants my Tag, I'll try a couple more.

First up is my JP Edmond Booster. Purchased from a US AD back in January. Really lovely watch, with a great sandwich case. Size is 44mm. Soft ribbed rubber strap (for her pleasure ;)) and lovely textured dial also. This is 200m water resistant, and uses the ETA 2824 movement, which you can see through the display back. Comes with all boxes and papers. The original deployant is unused, as I fitted a cheap pin buckle when I got it. In great condition with no marks that I can see anywhere. Asking €600

14328200349_5e3927c833_c.jpg

14513700012_27c64cb007_c.jpg

14328140780_2e5d4a03d8_c.jpg

14328354847_64dcc9e07a_c.jpg

14328354777_ae86846b0a_c.jpg

• Advertisement

Second up is my Rado Integral Chronograph. It's the full-size model with quartz movement in black ceramic and stainless steel. In fantastic condition, with the only notable marks to the clasp. Has all boxes and papers from Paul Sheerans. Asking €850 for this one.

14513411664_dd5f77c3a7_c.jpg

14511416541_858c77b0bc_c.jpg

14491701876_8381b0a4dc_c.jpg

14328221048_54f48bbeaf_c.jpg

14491701686_bf60728e4c_c.jpg

14511416181_1b927ca83a_c.jpg

14513700912_3138539d54_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Folks,

Here's my first attempt at a swap...

http://www.adverts.ie/casual/corum-romulus-chronograph/5825818

In the spirit of this new community, I'm only offering this as a swap.

So, view the pics and read my 'conditions' and let's see if we can mix our collections up a bit!

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've decided to sell my Submariner date. It's a lovely watch - just not one for me. If you're interested, do feel free to drop me a line.

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/rolex-submariner-116610ln/5825840?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=AdCreated

DSCF7843_zps9821ba12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Right then, I'll kick this off!

I've had this up on adverts for a while, but got nothing but low-ball offers. Bottom line is €900, which is a cracking deal for a watch that's still in shops for about €2400.

It's a Tag Heuer Aquaracer chrono. In perfect working order. Warranty ran out in April of this year, so good for another 3 years or so before a service would be needed. It's in great condition, with no bad scratches or dings. Could be polished up to like new. All boxes and papers are included. Bracelet is sized for a 7" wrist, and spare links are included.

What's the timekeeping like on the Tag? Any issues with it during the warranty period? Is it one of the types affected by that crown issue? Was it bought from a store here or elsewhere?

Can I ask how large is it? Have seen various places reporting it as 41mm or 43mm.

Thanks,

Third

Hi there. It was bought from a UK ad. There was an issue with the crown which was fixed under warranty just over a year ago. No issue since. Timekeeping is very good, although I haven't timed it exactly. But I've worn it for a week at a time, and it hasn't gained or lost any noticeable time.
    And it's the 43mm version.
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    What's the timekeeping like on the Tag? Any issues with it during the warranty period? Is it one of the types affected by that crown issue? Was it bought from a store here or elsewhere?

Can I ask how large is it? Have seen various places reporting it as 41mm or 43mm.

Thanks,

Third

• Advertisement

Hi there. It was bought from a UK ad. There was an issue with the crown which was fixed under warranty just over a year ago. No issue since. Timekeeping is very good, although I haven't timed it exactly. But I've worn it for a week at a time, and it hasn't gained or lost any noticeable time.
    And it's the 43mm version.

Thanks for the quick response.

They say always buy the seller and looking through your history you've had some really nice watches. Serial flipper it seems!

Anyway, brass tacks - I can offer 800 in cash and ready to go pending final inspection. The hundred is for potential future crown rethreading (and the fact I'm getting that Tissot from the other thread). It'll be nice to know a fellow WIS has the watch no?

Otherwise, glws :)

Thanks for the offer, but can't let it go for €800. I can go to €875, and happy to meet at any jeweller you'd like.

Thanks for the quick response.

They say always buy the seller and looking through your history you've had some really nice watches. Serial flipper it seems!

Anyway, brass tacks - I can offer 800 in cash and ready to go pending final inspection. The hundred is for potential future crown rethreading (and the fact I'm getting that Tissot from the other thread). It'll be nice to know a fellow WIS has the watch no?

Otherwise, glws :)

Thanks for the offer, but can't let it go for €800. I can go to €875, and happy to meet at any jeweller you'd like.

thanks BMF, it'd be an impulse buy for me so really can't go above 825. Just a couple of quid in it eh?

this'll be the final price from me, let me know what you think. Around St Stephen's Green/Grafton Street would suit me best. Can meet you over the weekend or next week if that suits better.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Looking for a mens yellow g shock ?

Appreciate the offer, but can't go that low. Have a look around, you won't find a modern Tag Heuer automatic chrono on bracelet with full boxes and papers, for less than €900.
    thanks BMF, it'd be an impulse buy for me so really can't go above 825. Just a couple of quid in it eh?

this'll be the final price from me, let me know what you think. Around St Stephen's Green/Grafton Street would suit me best. Can meet you over the weekend or next week if that suits better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

HDMI wrote: »
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II that I took in part trade against my Ball watch a few weeks back.

http://www.adverts.ie/casual/steinhart-marine-chronometer-ii/5712314

DSC07536_zps7c6cf664.jpg
    Is this still for sale?

Appreciate the offer, but can't go that low. Have a look around, you won't find a modern Tag Heuer automatic chrono on bracelet with full boxes and papers, for less than €900.

All very true, like I said, if only this wasn't an impulse buy.

The offer for 825 still stands but (genuinely) hopefully you'll find a buyer who's looking for that particular Tag.

Best!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Is this still for sale?

Sorry it is sold.

If the watch is still available - having spoken with the little lady (or big boss in reality) - I have been authorised to offer €875 that you wanted pending final inspection.

Let me know when it suits to meet up.

Regards,

Thirdfox

If the watch is still available - having spoken with the little lady (or big boss in reality) - I have been authorised to offer €875 that you wanted pending final inspection.

Let me know when it suits to meet up.

Regards,

Thirdfox

Great. Will PM you now to make arrangements.

• Advertisement

Tag is now sold to Thirdfox, who was an absolute gent to deal with. Would have no hesitation in recommending him to any other members on here. Enjoy the watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Just stuck a nice Casio Edifice up on adverts, it's in perfect condition and very full featured, just turned out to be not me!

http://www.adverts.ie/5892702

ODM5NzYzZjU5YjIwZmMxZTA0MDQ2NDJkZWIyNzIxZDZx02-9DdVLpp5Hfixoji7DaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZWY5MzEwMjkyNjkyZjc0MjdmZTAyMTc5ODQ4YTZlZGE4MmNlZmVjMGQ3MzUwN2UyNjlmZDM0YzU2YjQ1ZTNiZC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭blindsider

As per post #2637 here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508118&page=176

I am now the happy owner of said Parnis Chrono.

DeepThought is the epitome of a gentleman, and we had a mutually satisfactory agreement in a very short period of time. The watch was dispatched via ParcelMotel as agreed and turned up yesterday. I collected it today and it now adorns my wrist.

I was delighted to seal the deal with DT so smoothly and I can only say that he is a top-class gent, and a credit to this little horological corner of the interwebz.

Thanks again DT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

blindsider wrote: »
    As per post #2637 here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508118&page=176

I am now the happy owner of said Parnis Chrono.

DeepThought is the epitome of a gentleman, and we had a mutually satisfactory agreement in a very short period of time. The watch was dispatched via ParcelMotel as agreed and turned up yesterday. I collected it today and it now adorns my wrist.

I was delighted to seal the deal with DT so smoothly and I can say only say that he is a top-class gent, and a credit to this little horological corner of the interwebz.

Thanks again DT!

Pleasure all mine, glad you are happy with it, and many thanks for the easy deal.

Blindsider also a great chap to deal with.

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

and thanks to Wibbs for sorting out and allowing us to deal with each other

No longer do we have to put up with the:

"interested in a trade? : I have a stick of Chewing Gum, a Thistle and a pair of used hemp sandals" :P

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And the:

S: asking price €2,100 (very sharp asking price, compared to donedeal, etc.)
    B: I offer €2,000 cash
    S: Offer accepted
    B: Sorry I only have €1,500 cos I have to sell my own car first. Would you accept €1,500?

Happened to me. With those figures. Only on adverts.ie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

unkel wrote: »
    And the:

S: asking price €2,100 (very sharp asking price, compared to donedeal, etc.)
    B: I offer €2,000 cash
    S: Offer accepted
    B: Sorry I only have €1,500 cos I have to sell my own car first. Would you accept €1,500?

Happened to me. With those figures. Only on adverts.ie :p

I gave up on my short stint on adverts after 2 buyers just didnt bother to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

Do people think I am letting this go too cheap?

I suspect the buyer is gonna pull out eitherway. His feedback is not inspiring confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Thanks to the Watches and Timepieces forum, just did a quick clean and painless deal for a Speedmaster courtesy of Mr Fulladapipes of this parish... gentleman to deal with and couldnt have been any easier. It was everything that adverts.ie should be and isnt :-)
    Proud owner now of a 37.73.50 Sapphire Sangwidge :-))))
    I was aiming for the hesalite steelback but what the hell..
    Unfortunately cant post a pic due to my beginner status post count, when I reach 50 I'll celebrate with some picture posts.
    Thank you to everyone who came back to me on my first entry into the forum..

I think I just posted this twice by the way, in a different thread by mistake, oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Indeed, likewise TedR was also the nicest of purchasers. Thanks to him I am now cash rich but time poor.

I hope to rectify this in the coming weeks in eastern Germany or The Hague depending on what delights I find there.

These are the two delights I am seeking to find - any thoughts or comments welcome (Zenith is 42mm; Omega is 44.25mm and will be on a bracelet):

ZenithEP7_zpse99f5953.jpg

162-omega-speedmaster-co-axial-0c8d5e4e-sz612x612-animate_zps5ecf2026.jpg

Advertisement