Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Where not great here but Mayo way off!

Dublin comfortable now the difference a bit of pace up front makes. The movement and passing has improved as well.

Dublin comfortable now the difference a bit of pace up front makes. The movement and passing has improved as well.

They have an extra man up front, pace not needed. It will be like a training game for the next 15 minutes. The referee removed the chance of a competitive game. Disappointing for those that traveled from Dublin. Next week more important now.

They have an extra man up front, pace not needed. It will be like a training game for the next 15 minutes. The referee removed the chance of a competitive game. Disappointing for those that traveled from Dublin. Next week more important now.

It's been very poor game quality wise. Both these teams have long way to go.

Ridiculous black card for Dublin to give away there as well.

Jesus that's some miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's been very poor game quality wise. Both these teams have long way to go.

Ridiculous black card for Dublin to give away there as well.

Jesus that's some miss!

Never a black card either

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement

JRant wrote: »
    Never a black card either

Was a needless foul but again could easily been a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

While the red card was the right decision, it ruined the match. Mayo just sat back and we treated the rest of the game like a training session.

Couldn't read anything into it, all standard. although I will say I thought young Dan O'brien played well.

One thing I'll say is we can sing all day about the red being soft and possibly ruining the game but jesus Mayo have left some amount behind here.

Some of chances they have missed that's division 3 or 4 standard.

They could easy be least level here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Hennelly is absolutely muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Hennelly is absolutely muck.

So are the forwards available to Mayo. God love them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Not a match that will live long in the memory. Only finished a few hours and i've forgotten most of it already. I will say though, that was a very soft red card and if a Dublin player had gotten sent off for that i'd be very disappointed. And it did end the match there and then. Not a chance Mayo were beating Dublin with 14 men. Another fine example of officiating destroying the game with poor decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just back now. Glad to see the ref tackle cynical play.

Anyone see the after-match interviews on Eir with Andy Moran and joe Brolly dressed up in his wife’s Eskimo coat. Amateur hour, Moran starts listing off all the positives of the game and the good performances. Brolly says there were none and says he’s talking through his hoop. Presenter carries on and brolly said something along the lines of Mayo being complete shįte and Moran can’t hold it together pissing himself laughing and it cuts to an ad.

Brolly made one sly dig at Mayo by reminding them of tennis player Vitas Geralautis who had lost 16 matches in a row to Jimmy Connors but who one day managed to win a final against his old nemesis and while doing his post match interview he quipped 'nobody beats Vitas Geralautis 17 times in a row'! So there's hope for Mayo yet. Even Andy Moran couldn't hide a wee smile at that jab.

Brolly made one sly dig at Mayo by reminding them of tennis player Vitas Geralautis who had lost 16 matches in a row to Jimmy Connors but who one day managed to win a final against his old nemesis and while doing his post match interview he quipped 'nobody beats Vitas Geralautis 17 times in a row'! So there's hope for Mayo yet. Even Andy Moran couldn't hide a wee smile at that jab.

That wasn’t a wee smile. He was pissing himself laughing. Moran was talking absolute bollocks also, gave a mention of how good it was to see some back including Hennelly who is quite possibly the worst goalkeeper of any sport I have ever seen. Can’t save and can’t kick the ball, I’m not sure what his strong point is.

That wasn’t a wee smile. He was pissing himself laughing. Moran was talking absolute bollocks also, gave a mention of how good it was to see some back including Hennelly who is quite possibly the worst goalkeeper of any sport I have ever seen. Can’t save and can’t kick the ball, I’m not sure what his strong point is.

I enjoyed the chatter from the lads. Nothing too serious. Bit of banter. It's early season and we're all blowing off the winter cobwebs. Plenty of time for the serious stuff down the line.

I enjoyed the chatter from the lads. Nothing too serious. Bit of banter. It's early season and we're all blowing off the winter cobwebs. Plenty of time for the serious stuff down the line.

The sport is amateur, not the punditry which is paid for by subscribers so a certain standard of analysis is expected not two gob****es going toe to toe on talking bollocks and piss taking in a 5 minute post match segment. Found it amusing myself as to how bad it was. A former player gives glowing tribute and adulation to his team after they get thumped by a team in second gear combined with á supremely sh*t performance and then gets the piss ripped out of him by his co pundit and finds this to be some rib tickling hilarious put down. Cuts to ad. Gob****es, me more so for paying for an Eir sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

The sport is amateur, not the punditry which is paid for by subscribers so a certain standard of analysis is expected not two gob****es going toe to toe on talking bollocks and piss taking in a 5 minute post match segment. Found it amusing myself as to how bad it was. A former player gives glowing tribute and adulation to his team after they get thumped by a team in second gear combined with á supremely sh*t performance and then gets the piss ripped out of him by his co pundit and finds this to be some rib tickling hilarious put down. Cuts to ad. Gob****es, me more so for paying for an Eir sub.

Very fair analysis of the... Amm... Analysis of tonight's game, RTÉ should have just got rid of Joanne Cantwell and kept brolly,
    To be fair to the roscommon man it was his first night in front of the camera, :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

His kickouts tend not to pay a visit to the International Space Station, the Hubble Telescope and whatever planet Emperor Palpatine hid himself away on for 30 odd years. When Clarke is on them, oppostion defences have ages to re-set and figure out who/where his target is, before the ball eventually comes down. Hennelly's restarts are much more direct and have a lower trajectory and are harder to defend against. That's from the outside looking in anyway, but from someone who's been to all 17 (God help me !) of the winning/losing streak Dublin games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That Mayo match was an odd game Dublin seemed in control after the Mayo Red. Dublin spare man used to defend and played keep ball. There is only two things I will remember from it. The fanatical Mayo fans of all ages. Also there was an embarrassing moment by the Dublin fans on the terrace - a 'who are ya?' 'who are ya?' chant complete with English accents. A Mayo fan behind me commented 'do you hear the English accents on them?'
    They were dead right it was an embarrassing chant.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    His kickouts tend not to pay a visit to the International Space Station, the Hubble Telescope and whatever planet Emperor Palpatine hid himself away on for 30 oddd years. When Clarke is on them, oppostion defences have ages to re-set and figure out who/where his target is, before the ball eventually comes down. Hennelly's restarts are much more direct and have a lower trajectory and are harder to defend against. That's from the outside looking in anyway, but from someone who's been to all 17 (God help me !) of the winning/losing streak Dublin games.

Pity all those skills do not contribute to preventing OG's ;)
    I think his decision making is not the best?

Very fair analysis of the... Amm... Analysis of tonight's game, RTÉ should have just got rid of Joanne Cantwell and kept brolly,
    To be fair to the roscommon man it was his first night in front of the camera, :pac:

I don't have eir sport did not see it. But I am glad Brolly is gone bored of his pantomime stuff. He has admitted that he just courts controversy for the craic. He has said it on numerous occasions such as on the Tommy Tiernan show.
    Brolly never gives real analysis he just plays to the gallery and there is no real analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

I've my two season ticket PDFs for the match tomorrow ready to be emailed to somebody if they can guarantee that they'll be scanned?

Can't make the match due to sickness - send me a PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Lovely sunny morning in Howth. Are we not supposed to be needing jet skis to get down Jones Road later, due to (yet another) Storm of The Century?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Lovely sunny morning in Howth. Are we not supposed to be needing jet skis to get down Jones Road later, due to (yet another) Storm of The Century?

ChrmgG0UkAAtirS?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

frankled wrote: »
    I've my two season ticket PDFs for the match tomorrow ready to be emailed to somebody if they can guarantee that they'll be scanned?

Can't make the match due to sickness - send me a PM if interested.

Sent PM there, if still available.

Dublin forgetting how to defend again tonight. Ten mins in still on the bus in general thr whole team.

Monaghan looking very comfortable.

Comerford having a rough game early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

Monaghan are very good so far but Dublin are appalling even allowing for some of the inexperienced players.

MFPM wrote: »
    Monaghan are very good so far but Dublin are appalling even allowing for some of the inexperienced players.

Big mistake bringing so many players with no experience against a team like this. Especially starting the game. Monaghan are winning so much ball off of them up front.

Overall awful start by Dublin Mayo didn't take advantage last week Monaghan have.

9 points back Dessie has big game on his hands here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

Big mistake bringing so many players with no experience against a team like this. Especially starting the game. Monaghan are winning so much ball off of them up front.

Overall awful start by Dublin Mayo didn't take advantage last week Monaghan have.

9 points back Dessie has big game on his hands here.

I agree, Dublin need new players but there's alot and all up front against a very well organised team. It's February but new players don't need a hammering...hopefully Dublin grow into the game but I'd say victory is beyond them at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement