Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera blueprints?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I'd get a full set of blueprints for the 350D? Google is letting me down badly here. I've to do a 3d model for college...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You could try the Canon website. I know they have some diagrams of the insides of cameras. Of course, I doubt you'll get actual blueprints anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I googled "canon 350d diagram" and got these result, not sure if they'll be any use to you though and you probably saw them already?

http://a.img-dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS350D/Images/construction.gif

http://www.digitalsecrets.net/ItsCanon/CanonImages/350e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

patent office id imagine is the only place you COULD get blueprints weather it is possible for an average joe to get them i dont know.

if its only the exterior you need to model then there would be ways to do it without the blueprints id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Of course ... you could always take the camera apart, to see how it's built. The fun would then be putting it back together and having it work again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

buy a used and broken 350D for practically nothing, paint it a bit, stick some sparklers and stickyback plastic on it.. mount it on a wooden board and present it to your lecturer. Proper job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Laughing..

Those images Pete are along the lines of what I'm looking for alright. Just exterior schematic drawings that I can import and trace basically, but from all angles and preferably with a lens attached. I can use photos too, but all the ones online have the front view angled very slightly down, which renders them useless. I may have a cunning plan though.

Thanks for the help all though..

Edit: Ryan, can I use some toilet roll inserts for lenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Of course, but make sure it's that commercial grade scarring toilet paper. That's got nice corrugated inserts in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

go get a turntable that you put in the middle of the table

borrow a 350d and take a bunch of shots using the turntable to rotate it between shots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

stcstc wrote: »
    go get a turntable that you put in the middle of the table

borrow a 350d and take a bunch of shots using the turntable to rotate it between shots

My cunning plan revealed! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Canon do white papers on most of their bodies:
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/public_files/Rebel_XT_White_Paper.pdf
    Lots of pretty pictures!

The one on the 1D Mk III is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

sinead,

i've a pdf (vector outlines) of canon gear at home... as per the image beneath this text. I'll get it out if that's any use to you... save you redrawing some of it anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,241 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

would a PDF not be a raster? instead of a vector?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

no mellor, a pdf doesn't mean something has been rasterised
    the point of a pdf is that it can contain both raster and vector data

Advertisement