Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photobuddies thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'm going to pull out I think - we've got a few maybes, and I don't fancy hanging around O'Connell St on my own in the evening.

I'm going to head into the Maritime Festival myself in the next hour or so (ship tours finish at 7). Will check back on here before I leave the house, so if anyone wants to meet up down there, let me know and I'll be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Calina = dead on feet and rather burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

It was a bit thronged alright. About the only "maritime" photo I got from the day:

3582984100_8b18bf20bb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Calling Tallon....
    or anyone who's going to be in the Maynooth area tonight?

Tallon - if you're still available for a walk-about in Maynooth, drop me a PM to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Maynooth's only up the road ... any room for an old fogie ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

How did you guys get on? sorry I missed it :(

Hiya Tallon - I was going to take a spin over to the Weston Aerodrome, but got held up trying to get a decent (hand held) shot of the moon :) Then got a call from Buzz and decided to head up to the canal in Enfield!!! Unfortunitly, the light was fading fast by the time I got there, but it's a nice location (banked for future use), and Buzz Lightyear, aka PH, is a great guy - talked shop until I could no longer see him :D

When I got back to Maynooth, I spent the next hour "shootin' da moon!"
    (Have to get this out of my system - another year or two should do it!)

Once you've scouted out your new area, give me a shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

mrmac wrote: »
    Once you've scouted out your new area, give me a shout!

Will do, have a few places already, Carbury castle is only around the corner and there's a few other places I still have to visit, if anybody is down that way, call in for a cuppa :)

Great - I'll bring some KitKats!
    (oooohhhhhhh KITKATS - right, that's it, I'm away for a break!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

this is such a great idea, I have added myself.
    Feels a bit lonely down in Cork looking at the map.... could be a while before i do any photo-budding ;)

• Advertisement

Crispin wrote: »
    Feels a bit lonely down in Cork looking at the map.... could be a while before i do any photo-budding ;)

Heading down to UCC next wed/thurs. Don't know the area at all or my immediate plans, but if your around PM me an we'll see what happens.

mrmac wrote: »
    When I got back to Maynooth, I spent the next hour "shootin' da moon!"
    (Have to get this out of my system - another year or two should do it!)

Some year it might get to be the right shade of white :D.

Enjoyable night MrMac. We didn't get much shooting done, but had a great natter. Yep it did get dark, but thats generally what happens when you end up meeting at sunset ;). However some morning I might just get up to that spot for sunrise, then again being a night owl I might just stay up for it :eek:

Photobuddy worked out well. MrMac's a nice guy - we'll do it again some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crispin viewpost.gif
    Feels a bit lonely down in Cork looking at the map.... could be a while before i do any photo-budding wink.gif

Maybe this might be of interest.........walking photo shoot in Cork City check it out and register here worldwidephotowalk.com/cork-ck-ie/#atabc

Heck....might even get there myself! :D

Maybe this might be of interest.........walking photo shoot in Cork City check it out and register here worldwidephotowalk.com/cork-ck-ie/#atabc

Heck....might even get there myself! :D

Send me a Pm if you do go. I have signed up. Not sure I like the idea of joining 50 people but it might be a good way to meet people/boardsies....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheWealth

Gotta agree, great idea...sometimes it can be a pain in teh arse trying to get a good night shot and even to have a second person there with another opinion is always good

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

hey everyone, new to the world of dSLR, always have had an interest in photography but took the leap last week with a Nikon D40. Just added myself to the map, eager to learn more! Great forum, just subbed!

coolmoose wrote: »
    hey everyone, new to the world of dSLR, always have had an interest in photography but took the leap last week with a Nikon D40. Just added myself to the map, eager to learn more! Great forum, just subbed!

You look fairly close to me on the map coolmoose. let me know if you are around cork/surrounding area much?!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Well I thought this thread was a good idea but after last night I think its a GREAT idea!!

Was on my own about to take a few snaps yesterday evening in pheonix park, by the big monument. Bright as could be, with loads of people around when 3 scumbags tried to take the camera off me. Some screwdrivers, bottles, projectiles and sprinting later I managed to get away.

And the worst part is I'll still be paying taxes to keep those f**kers off their heads!

What a waste of space.

Rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Samuisue

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Well I thought this thread was a good idea but after last night I think its a GREAT idea!!
    Noted - I live on the side of the park & was toying with the idea of some long exposures. I'll think about taking a back up crew & have to pin myself on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Hope you are ok, you must have been so terrified.

I went to the Phoenix park one night for a bit for long exposure but made sure I brough hubby with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

yeah I'm ok, luckily enough! :)

Bring runners just in case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Scary stuff you would think you are safe when its day light, what ever about in the dark thats a different matter.

Glad the swines didn't get anything from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Never forget that your tripod has spikes on the bottom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Samuisue

Wouldn't have thought about that, i'd be more likely to use it as a club :D

anyone interested in some late evening photography in Dublin City Centre this evening, Georges Quay/Customhouse quay, Liffey bridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am about to go there now, Calina. Shout when you see me, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you want to see some ghastly sights, I'll be drinking in Morrisons Hotel (I think), further down along the quay. Some music-award-ceremony-after-party. My friends are playing. I think they're wearing liquid leggings again. They're male.

Bother. I only found out you were in town now. Pity. Well I hope the Morrison was good.

We'd a good one, me, Covey, ThOnda and RoryW. DarrenG was in for a while as well.

Calina wrote: »
    Bother. I only found out you were in town now. Pity. Well I hope the Morrison was good.

We'd a good one, me, Covey, ThOnda and RoryW. DarrenG was in for a while as well.

And there was me in Cork St till 8pm :( Just saw this now - a little too late :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

BuzzLY, you've missed a lot.
    76A218A4695B44EA85F290B3441969BF-800.jpg

Advertisement