Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worky.com

Options
  • 20-03-2011 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Doing a project on this website - www.worky.com

Set up by an Irish guy who set up hostelworld among a few other good websites too,

What are your thoughts? Its been designed as a 'social professional recruitment network'

appreciate all and any feedback!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭stephenpalmer

Nice Site! Did you design this youself? Seems to be a good idea.. although I think if you were targeting the Irish population, I would of gone for a .ie domain.

The name worky, its not bad, its just if you had of gone for a .ie you would of had a lot more options in terms of domain names. Get a job.ie or something like that.

Web page design is excellent, how long did it take you to make this lol

So apart from domain name Great work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Dont think this is the OP's site, this is from the guy who built hostel world, looks like he spent serious bucks on it too, Think its been around over a year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

hah nah its just a final year college case study thing I have to do - set up by a guy ray nolan - gives you the option to buy mail@yourname.com and gives your name great seo...

any more advice out there would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fishy21

its a bit of a mix of stuff, its like linkedin meets a reverse job board meets a social network.
    I was recently speaking to a friend of ray nolans and he said hes looking for someone young to come in with fresh ideas to manage the business.

i think this is a very well built site. they've spent serious money on developing this site and i hope its successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Seems very similar to weedle.

• Advertisement

Yep Ray is real sound, did a lecture with us few months ago - knows his stuff i tells ya!

He's prob looking at hiring an intern alright - the group with the best presentation on worky / best ideas etc get 2k!

What do you's think the value of the site is - is it missing anything you'd love to see if you were looking for a job?

How would you market this site if it was your business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

The main problem with worky is that the people its aimed at have moved on to Linkedin.

That is where you need to market yourself to get a job.

Thats my 2 cent anyway.

(There is a very bad pun rolling around my head about worky!)

hmmmmm good point!

well a heavily promoted aspect of is the 'job hunt' aspect of it and also tries to 'wedge' itself between facebook and linkedin - do you think there is space there? Enough space to say..have 3 profiles - linkedin,facebook and a worky for job hunting/addtional networking....would it appeal more to entry levels like...say graduates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

People could have 3 profiles on the go I guess. But I would suspect there is a danger of slippage and not updating one or the other.

I'd be interested to see how well Worky has done so far. How many people have gotten work out of it compared to Linkedin for example? (I know quite a few people who have gotten work through Linkedin).

well he said it was growing...mainly only in Ireland for the minute but obviously wants to get global!

• Advertisement

bump

Advertisement