Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.computeruniverse.net + german keyboard

Options
  • 19-09-2012 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone bought a laptop from the above with a German keyboard ?? . Is it just one key that is different or alot of them as I have used a French keyboard a couple of times and it did my head in eg key combinations all over the place and a good few keys different.

Vielen Dank

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The German keyboard is a good bit different (source). It should be possible to buy the laptop and then get a replacement QWERTY keyboard on ebay for it (this will not work for all laptops). It also requires disassembling the machine (ossibly voiding warranty) and will cost you around €25-€30 usually. I'd say your better off buying from a store that sells UK/Ire style keyboards. I had a US one years ago and even though they are very similar there were a few things that did my head in, and the German QWERTZ setup looks to be very different

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The French keyboard is actually much worse. :D

If you're not touch typing, your best bet is to either fit a UK replacement or use keyboard stickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

cheers will wait until Komplett restock the one I am after .

Advertisement