Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭sonic85

The Annecy shootings are very interesting and will probably never be resolved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

sonic85 wrote: »
    The Annecy shootings are very interesting and will probably never be resolved

Last I read about it the French authorities weren't confident of solving it.

Iqbal Al-Hilli ex husband also died on the same day.He was found dead in the US of an apparent heart attack but I think investigators were trying to see was there anything more into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Not sure if its been posted before, but . . .

The Toynbee Tiles. In the 80s, several tiles were discovered in major US cities. About the size of licence plates, pressed into the street. All bearing a message, a variation of "Toynbee idea. Resurrect dead. Movie 2001. Planet Jupiter."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles?wprov=sfla1

Its been going on for ages. No one has claimed responsibility. Many copycats were placed later. Estimated hundreds were laid, and most destroyed by traffic over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Strange they found some of the D. B Cooper money years later. Does anyone think he lived and got to spend the rest

Doublebusy wrote: »
    Strange they found some of the D. B Cooper money years later. Does anyone think he lived and got to spend the rest

I think he did, personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Just catching up on the thread seen something very similar in April of 93.Still can't explain it.

That’s interesting. In March/April of 1993 there was a Ufo wave over Ireland and Britain. Myself and two friends witnessed something very strange in the sky at the time. I spoke about it in the Ufo thread. The media were all over it at the time. They were seen by dozens if not hundreds. Up to that point I would have laughed at the subject but would take an interest since.

That’s interesting. In March/April of 1993 there was a Ufo wave over Ireland and Britain. Myself and two friends witnessed something very strange in the sky at the time. I spoke about it in the Ufo thread. The media were all over it at the time. They were seen by dozens if not hundreds. Up to that point I would have laughed at the subject but would take an interest since.

I prank called Betty Meyler when I was a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That just looks like a straight up mental health issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Who put the fig in the fig rolls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doublebusy wrote: »

if you read the link in post #3494 it explains that. They think that he planted the money there himself years later. They dont think it was there from the time of the hijacking because the rubber bands on the money hadn't perished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Thepillowman

Strangest thing ever there was 4 more people with me at the time the speed it travelled at was unreal. Must look for that thread.

That just looks like a straight up mental health issue

It's still mad that someone could essentially scare themselves to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Cool video on D.B Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I want to read this but the link isn't working for me. I get a 404 error.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is a bizarre one...the Cecil hotel where she was found has a fairly dark history as well...black dahlia drank there before she murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

aaronc182 wrote: »

Elisa Lam is a bizarre one...the Cecil hotel where she was found has a fairly dark history as well...black dahlia drank there before she murdered

Is netflix not releasing a documentary about this case in Feb?

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Is netflix not releasing a documentary about this case in Feb?
    Yeah the OH was saying that...that’s what reminded me of it..

That’s cctv footage is very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

aaronc182 wrote: »

She had a psycotic break she wasnt taking her meds.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I want to read this but the link isn't working for me. I get a 404 error.

Heh. IDK why that's happening. Google "Christopher Case reddit" and there's a few threads with lots of comments and debate a about it, including one made within the last week on the "unresolved mysteries" subreddit.

Also a podcast about it on bedtime-stories: https://www.bedtime-stories.uk/project/christopher-case-peculiar-death

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Did Fletcher Christian escape from Pitcairn Island after the Mutiny on the Bounty? Unlikely. He was murdered on Pitcairn not long after the mutineers arrived. But there's a few other strands of possibility...

https://historum.com/threads/did-fletcher-christian-eventually-escape-pitcairn-island-and-return-to-england.134010/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Agatha Christie's disappearance and reappearance a couple of weeks later.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Agatha Christie's disappearance and reappearance a couple of weeks later.
    Most likely somewhere on the scale of.

Mystery writer creates mystery. <--> Celebrity needs some time alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Most likely somewhere on the scale of.

Mystery writer creates mystery. <--> Celebrity needs some time alone.

There is talk she was in a small village called Carrigans in Co.Donegal visiting the McClintock family. Her brother was married to the lady of the houses' sister.

The McClintocks had their own tragedy, where the son,mother and fiancée were shot and killed 2 days before the wedding was due to take place. The mother was blamed as a suicide killer but it's still a mystery as they were buried 2 days later and it was all wrapped up by the husband, who was an army colonel and the one with experience of guns...the locals reckon the son wasn't his and he was having an affair with one of the nurses minding the son who had broken his back in a riding accident.

http://www.stjohnstonandcarrigans.com/carriganstragedy.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Noodles81 wrote: »
    The McClintocks had their own tragedy, where the son,mother and fiancée were shot and killed 2 days before the wedding was due to take place.
    After reading about this, out of curiosity I looked up the house where it happened (and where the wedding was due to take place).

I was a bit taken aback to see that's it's now a wedding venue, although I must admit it does look beautiful. I think I expected it to be an abandoned ruin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

The Isdal Woman and the Tamam Shud Case have both captured my imagination anyway.

Death in Ice Valley is a BBC/NRK podcast on the Isdal Woman which I'm enjoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Noodles81 wrote: »
    There is talk she was in a small village called Carrigans in Co.Donegal visiting the McClintock family. Her brother was married to the lady of the houses' sister.

The McClintocks had their own tragedy, where the son,mother and fiancée were shot and killed 2 days before the wedding was due to take place. The mother was blamed as a suicide killer but it's still a mystery as they were buried 2 days later and it was all wrapped up by the husband, who was an army colonel and the one with experience of guns...the locals reckon the son wasn't his and he was having an affair with one of the nurses minding the son who had broken his back in a riding accident.

http://www.stjohnstonandcarrigans.com/carriganstragedy.html

Just read this article. Very messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,265 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Candy Montgomery Betty Gore case, not so much a mystery, only mystery is how she got off.

Candy killed her with 20 strikes of an axe, claimed self defense because betty told her to ''' Shush''

tenor.gif?itemid=18266321

Jury was like

'' how dare Betty tell her to ''shush'' , she deserved to be chopped up, INNOCENT''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Candy Montgomery Betty Gore case, not so much a mystery, only mystery is how she got off.

Candy killed her with 20 strikes of an axe, claimed self defense because betty told her to ''' Shush''

tenor.gif?itemid=18266321

Jury was like

'' how dare Betty tell her to ''shush'' , she deserved to be chopped up, INNOCENT''

not quite the full story is it? Candy had an affair with Bettys husband. Betty confronted her about it and apparently attacked Candy with the same axe used to kill Betty.

Advertisement