Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Bleh! Feck off, rain! I want to go walk the dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Is my ASOS delivery here within the appointed time slot? Is it feck! I did a night shift last night and could really be using this time to sleep, instead of propping myself in a state of bleary eyed vigilance at the bottom of the stairs, listening for the faint scratching on the door that will be the postmans's half-assed attempt to alert me to his presence. Honestly, the man has the strength of a daddy longlegs...you breathe too heavily and you've missed him!

To mae it worse they keep trying to deliver my stuff to the house on the next street, which "confusingly" shares a number and street name beginning with the same letter as mine:confused: How could A LOCAL POSTMAN be expected to know its not the right one?? Why on earth do they think I keep paying extra for specific delivery slots and then not being there? Gah, I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Semele wrote: »
    Is my ASOS delivery here within the appointed time slot? Is it feck! I did a night shift last night and could really be using this time to sleep, instead of propping myself in a state of bleary eyed vigilance at the bottom of the stairs, listening for the faint scratching on the door that will be the postmans's half-assed attempt to alert me to his presence. Honestly, the man has the strength of a daddy longlegs...you breathe too heavily and you've missed him!

My friend caught her postman red-handed just posting the "We tried to make a delivery but missed you" card through her door when he hadn't even taken the box out of the van. She'd suspected him of doing it loads of times, so her glee when she finally caught him was quite something to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Honey-ec wrote: »
    My friend caught her postman red-handed just posting the "We tried to make a delivery but missed you" card through her door when he hadn't even taken the box out of the van. She'd suspected him of doing it loads of times, so her glee when she finally caught him was quite something to behold.
    Loads of them do that, I wonder is it unofficial policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It's Monday already?! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Loads of them do that, I wonder is it unofficial policy?
    More like lazy postmen to be honest.

Does anyone remember that thread where a guy had a postman on CCTV who put a 'we missed you note' through his letterbox, even though the guy was upstairs, in his apartment watching the postman on the CCTV camera?

IIRC, The postman had actually tried to deliver parcel earlier, but they recipient was out, so the postie came back with a 'we missed you note' and put it through the letterbox rather than ringing the doorbell again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Just finished registration and I'm a happy bunny. :D My classes next semester are going to be so interesting! Public international law, the ethics of war, foreign policy making in the US, law and the corporation, legal analysis of major international crises and French language classes. :):) YAY. I'm so ridiculously excited right now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Arrrgh, just been asked to work 9am-5pm this week instead of my usual night-shift. So much traffic at those times!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

WinterSong wrote: »
    Just finished registration and I'm a happy bunny. :D My classes next semester are going to be so interesting! Public international law, the ethics of war, foreign policy making in the US, law and the corporation, legal analysis of major international crises and French language classes. :):) YAY. I'm so ridiculously excited right now! :D

Those classes sound sooo interesting, I haz a jelly.

Ivy, Baby Pancake is easily the cutest wee baby I've ever seen! He'll be a little heartbreaker!

Glad to be home from the wedding, really enjoying some me-time right now. Could do with a holiday though!

Aw thanks you guys! I'm such a proud mammy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So with my test tomorrow, couldn't use the car this morning cos mum was at work, grand. Can't use it tonight when I get home because she's over at my sisters(where she doesn't 'need' to be). Can't use it in the morning because she's going to mass. So when the f*ck am I supposed to get the last bit of confidence building practice for hill starts, reversing around corners etc?

Suggested shes get the bus to the church, leaves her right outside and she shouted at me. Thanks for all your f*cking help. :mad: I know it's her car and everything but jesus, I'm doing my test tomorrow. When I wasn't bothering to drive she was bitching at me for not using it, now I NEED to use it she's being a wagon.

"Well if I pass my test it won't be with any thanks to you anyway"

GRRRRRRR :mad:

Have had my provisional for 4 years and was well able to drive, she persisted with an insurance company that didn't insure under 25's and was charging me 800 a year on her policy. I told her that was way more than other companies would charge and she insisted on sticking with them all the while telling me I should be driving by now (uh I can't, I'm not insured). Then she finally changed last year when I was just starting out self-employed and hadn't really got the money to pay for insurance...

Now I've started ranting about her I'll never stop :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Aw thanks you guys! I'm such a proud mammy!
    Do you mind me asking, how old is he? He looks to be about 4-5 months. Is he playful?

My cousin's 7 month old has started crawling recently, if she spots an open door, she's gone.

The last time she was here (a week ago), she was just adorable, all she does it laugh and smile.

She's very different to my other cousins three kids, mind you, the three boys were let do what they wanted, the baby girl is different, she's much calmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I just found 20 Euro behind a tub of pencils in my room! :D:D:D:D:D

Do you mind me asking, how old is he? He looks to be about 4-5 months. Is he playful?

My cousin's 7 month old has started crawling recently, if she spots an open door, she's gone.

The last time she was here (a week ago), she was just adorable, all she does it laugh and smile.

She's very different to my other cousins three kids, mind you, the three boys were let do what they wanted, the baby girl is different, she's much calmer.

He's 4 and a half months (the nickname is a hint, he was born on Ash Wednesday...). He is very playful, he loves having lots of toys, he loves when we chat and sing to him. He does a fake cough to make us laugh, and yesterday he had his first fit of laughing, it was hilarious! He is a happy little man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Just hit with a wave of sadness. I really miss my friend today. He's gone months now and I still find myself forgetting that I can't talk to him any more. I have a lot of regret over his death. I wish I'd done something to help him, but I was in my own bad place and didn't notice that he wasn't ok. Trying not to cry because I'm at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Suggested shes get the bus to the church, leaves her right outside and she shouted at me. Thanks for all your f*cking help. :mad: I know it's her car and everything but jesus, I'm doing my test tomorrow. When I wasn't bothering to drive she was bitching at me for not using it, now I NEED to use it she's being a wagon.

Could you drive her to mass and then do a bit of practicing while she's in there?

And best of luck with the test, I passed mine in April and it's really not that bad, it's over before you know it :)

id offer my car this evening rq but im not home til 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Good luck with the test RQ, hope you manage to get some practice in!

Now, where's Acoshla?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170536/The-awful-wedding-cakes-prove-best-simple--stay-away-morbid-theme.html

"love faith hope thrust" hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm feeling proud of myself. Had a bit of time to kill walking around Athlone so I made my way out to the college and got an accommodation list from the Student's Union.. :D

• Advertisement

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Just hit with a wave of sadness. I really miss my friend today. He's gone months now and I still find myself forgetting that I can't talk to him any more. I have a lot of regret over his death. I wish I'd done something to help him, but I was in my own bad place and didn't notice that he wasn't ok. Trying not to cry because I'm at work.
    Sorry to hear that you're sad. I know it's hard to accept but I know from experience that you are not responsible for someone else taking their own life. We didn't know my brother wasn't ok, because he didn't tell anyone he wasn't ok. Even if he had told us something was wrong, I'm not sure he would have accepted help in any case. The only thing you can do is remember the good times. It just takes time to heal. (Just my two cents).

bluewolf wrote: »
    "love faith hope thrust" hahahaha
    TBH, I'm not entirely sure that was a typo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Um, so, you know how I was on about Richard Schiff being in Galway last night?

I met him while I was in town about an hour ago. He walked past me on the street and I almost didn't say anything, because he was with his family, but I stopped him, said hello and shook his hand. Chatted very briefly about Galway (I apologised for the weather as it's pissing rain today!) and he said he's enjoying his time here, that everyone is really friendly (by which he probably meant completely nuts!).

I haven't stopped squeeeeeeeeeing since :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm so happy you got to meet him, WN! Meant to be.

Good luck tomorrow, RQ.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Does anyone know the link to the list of answers to rude questions about your intention or not to have children.

I was telling a friend of mine about it and I can't find it for love nor money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Does anyone know the link to the list of answers to rude questions about your intention or not to have children.

I was telling a friend of mine about it and I can't find it for love nor money.

Ive searched for it so many times... :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59057353&postcount=55

edit: *sticks tongue out at lucy*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I find the honest approach works too...

''Oh yeah, we are trying but I appear to miscarry quite a lot''

Fcukers don't know where to look:D

i got the "oh when it's your own" a couple times
    my very skeptical look was followed by "oh i know it's a while off but you know..."
    *skeptical look*
    *no more stupid comments*

or my grandmother "so when would you like to be married"
    "i havent decided if i will ever marry and if i do it'll be when im good and ready"
    no more stupid questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I find the honest approach works too...

''Oh yeah, we are trying but I appear to miscarry quite a lot''

Fcukers don't know where to look:D

I definitely think I'd do that and shut them up, they want to hear the whole "Ah sure we'll see, not right now" so they can start telling you that you should/that you'll definitely get knocked up because you can't plan it etc etc.

I still find the "We can't have kids because we hate them" to be the most effective so far :D I did also employ the "not the way we do it!" with my mom and aunts, they nearly died laughing :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement