Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your 'top ten' enduring memories of Rio 2016.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

???? What an uninformed knee jerk reaction that is. Boxers brought home the bacon in many games. One bad games and funding should be stopped? Behave
    not one cent should be given to them, not one cent of my money should be given to the likes of Paddy Barnes acting the maggot on twitter when he should be training

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Maybe I'm getting old but there was nothing (apart from the Irish competitors) that really grabbed my attention. Even before it all started I wasn't pushed by it and didn't feel like I missed anything by not watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Personally I think the next poster who suggest Barnes lost because he likes to use twitter or that Conlan's reaction to being cheated out of a medal was 'undignified' should be put into a ring and given an absolute hiding by the two of them.

ISOP wrote: »
    not one cent should be given to them, not one cent of my money should be given to the likes of Paddy Barnes acting the maggot on twitter when he should be training

Total b*llocksology. So Paddy shouldnt have a life outside boxing ? Grow up you havent a clue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Empty or half empty stadiums
    Green diving pool
    Unfinished Olympic Village
    Kate Ledecky's incredible swimming win
    O'Donavan Brothers' sailing silver medal
    Annalise Murphy's silver medal
    Usain Bolt's victories on the track
    Del Potro beating Nadal in tennis
    U.K. Divers winning gold
    U.K. Winning an incredible amount of medals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Women's Pole Vault No 1
    Women's Pole Vault No 2
    Women's Pole Vault No 10

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Not so thinly veiled "I love Britain/England and they did great at the Olympics and the two I mentioned at the bottom are Irish and didn't win" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

I have to laugh at the Irish lads trying to belittle Team GB for targeting certain sports when they done the exact same themselves in Boxing, except in typical Irish fashion they made a total hames of it, all they have to show for Rio 2016 is 2 medals, a load of arrests and a drug disqualification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

ISOP wrote: »

Don't you live and work in the UK?
    steddyeddy wrote: »
    Not so thinly veiled "I love Britain/England and they did great at the Olympics and the two I mentioned at the bottom are Irish and didn't win" thread.

Ridiculously precious post.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Kipchoge winning the marathon - hope he was clean but still a great win in appalling conditions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement