Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What finally scuppered John McCain?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

So you agree that your comment on secular pc-ness was wrong and that the US under Bush has 'hit the skids'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So you agree that your comment on secular pc-ness was wrong and that the US under Bush has 'hit the skids'?

Morally the US would have hit the skids anyway. I can't tell how many on the news some one [obviously aetheist] cried because Pres. Bush had the nerve to say "God Bless America", "God Bless Our Soldiers" and "God Bless each and every one of you." I wonder what these very same people think now that Obama has been dropping the "G word" since winning the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Morally the US would have hit the skids anyway. I can't tell how many on the news some one [obviously aetheist] cried because Pres. Bush had the nerve to say "God Bless America", "God Bless Our Soldiers" and "God Bless each and every one of you." I wonder what these very same people think now that Obama has been dropping the "G word" since winning the election.

Not much of it. However whether he states it or not he'll be attacked either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

JohnMc1 wrote: »

I think athiests have more of a problem when Bush takes foreign policy advice from god, ie. 'god told me to go to war with iraq'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Nodin wrote: »
    Not much of it. However whether he states it or not he'll be attacked either way.

He has mentioned God quite a few times since the election. Most of the aetheists [atleast the online ones] claimed to have voted for Obama to "get the Jesus freaks out of power" time will tell if Obama will get the same amount of Venom for it that pres. Bush got for it.
    I think athiests have more of a problem when Bush takes foreign policy advice from god, ie. 'god told me to go to war with iraq'.

Agreed that was a silly thing to do. That's like the Son of Sam saying a dog told him to kill those people. He really should of stated what an evil piece of **** saddam and his sons are [raping women on thei wedding night, and throwing men into wood chippers and vats of acid count as being evil pieces of ****] and that may have gotten more people behind him as far as Iraq is concerned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement