Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What songs always remind you of a movie scene?

Options
  • 17-01-2004 7:19pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what songs/music always remind you of a scene from a movie? They must be songs not specifically composed for the movie (or covers specifically written for the movie) and should, when heard, remind you of an actual scene in the movie in a way that it's now permanently linked to the movie...

Ones I'd think of include:

"Stuck In The Middle With You" - Reservoir Dogs and a bit of ear chopping. The easiest example. I'm pretty sure we could use a lot of the music from QT movies in this thread!

"Ride of the Valkyries" - All of the helicopters flying in formation over the Vietnamese jungle in "Apocalypse Now".

"Where Is My Mind" [The Pixies] - The buildings collapsing around Tyler Durden, and myself going "Oh my fcuking God this is the best thing ever" when seeing "Fight Club"

"Wake Up" [Rage Against The Machine] - Neo flying away into the credits of "The Matrix" and me thinking, "That was rather good."

... I'm sure there are others which no doubt folks can add...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

operation blade, reminds me of the rave scene (obviously) the oakenfold techno song reminds me of the chase sequence in reloaded. the music from shrek is quite memorable, there are others ill remember more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I'd agree with Wake up as well....great last scene. Reminds me that there is some good in the matrix trilogy.

also that crazy dance tune (spybreak I think it was) from the lobby scene.

probaly a few more but cant think of them
    :dunno:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Sauron
    also that crazy dance tune (spybreak I think it was) from the lobby scene.
    Oh yeah! Spybreak by the Propellorheads (from a long named album) - another classic! Die everyone in the lobby DIE DIE DIE DIE in a very cool way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

All the music from The Big Lebowski, particularly Oye Como Va by Santana.

Tracks of My Tears by Smokey Robinson, reminds me of the bunker scene in Platoon.

Mirwais, Disco science from the coursing scene in snatch.

hundreds of others, im sure i'll be back to add more

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

singing in the rain from Clockwork Orange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Requiem for a dreams main theme was used in the LOTR ads, remid=nded me of Jared leto and his severred arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

"thus spoke zarathustra" (the dawn of man scene - ape throwing bone into air)and "the blue danube" always bring me back to 2001 - a space odyssey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

son of a preacher - uma thurman in pulp fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher -- Ghostbusters 2, when they get the Statue of Liberty to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

"Oh Yeah" - Yello
    "Twist & Shout" - The Beatles

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

The Stranglers - Golden Brown
    always reminds me of that scene in snatch where brad bitt knocks out goregeous george in one clean punch (probably coz they play it then ;) )

Disturbed - Voices
    even though it was'nt on the sound track....don't think it was even played in the film....come to think of it i have no idea why it reminds me of the lobby scene from the matrix but it does :-\

Drowning Pool - Bodies
    Opening scene of The One with jet li kicking some ass.

Apollo 440 - Stop the rock
    reminds me of most of gone in 60 secs but in particular the scene where they steal the first blast of ferrari's ...... mmmmm ferrari's :p

Blink 182 - Mutt
    In American Pie 1 when nadia is getting naked and jim is running back from watching her on the computer in another house then falls over the bush outside his own house.

Gun's N Roses - You Could Be Mine
    terminator 2 when the T1000 is chasing john connor (truck Vs. dirt bike)

zz top - bad to the bone
    also terminator 2 but near the start when arnie gets his clothes and is about to get on the bike and the owner of the bar comes out with the shotgun and arnie gets his shades :cool:

Rammstein - Feur Frei!
    opening scenes of XXX (not the pr0n, the action one with vin diesel lol)

soooo many songs + movies, could keep going all night but better make way and leave others have their say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Some wiseacre once said that you're cultured if you can hear the overture from William Tell without thinking of the Lone Ranger. I'm not old enough to remember the Lone Ranger being popular so it isn't a good test in my case.

With that in mind, Ride of the Valkries always reminds me of the Blues Brothers.

Ah another there - Beethoven's Symphony #9 - 'Ode to Joy' immediately, as soon as I heard it, had the vault opening in "Die Hard" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

smashing pumpkins - "mellon collie & the infinite sadness". Don't think it was ever used in a film, but it always reminds me of those closing montages where we scroll through characters in whatever situations they end up in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

"Get out of my life now" - Paul Oakenfold & Amoebassassin

The ending credits of SWORDFISH

Feck me! That was one cracker of a movie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

i had the time of my life - DIRTY DANCING!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

eye of the tiger anyone?

oh and the music from 2001 a space odessy think it was by strauss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Magnolia - that song by some chick, it went "One is the lonliest number..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

that hendrix/dylan song all 'along the watchtower' from withnail and i.
    whenever i hear it i can see the two of them driving out of london in that big old jag (if it was a jag, i could be wrong)
    "there must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief"

and of course "mad world" and that scene at the end of donnie darko- v memorable

"let it snow" always, ALWAYS makes me think of die hard

Originally posted by callmescratch
    "let it snow" always, ALWAYS makes me think of die hard
    Oh yeah! Another Die Hard piece of music that works. Sign of a great movie.

• Advertisement

turn turn turn - the byrds and sweet home alabamba from forrest gump

mad world from donnie darko

unchained melody from ghost

free fallin from jerry maguire

love is all around - four weddings and a funeral

everything i do i do it for you - robin hood prince of thieves

end of the world - rem - independence day

blaze of glory - bon jovi from young guns

mocking bird - dumb and dumber

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Elton John/Tiny Dancer (Almost Famous)

- Dave.

Stand by me - Ben E King - Stand By Me

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John - The Lion King

She - Elvis Costello - Notting Hill

Cant Take My Eyes of You - Andy Williams - Bridget Jones' Diary

Clubbed To Death - The Matrix

Barbers Adagio For Strings - Platoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

just the two of us

always reminds me of Austin Powers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ebony

good choice with mad world .I'v been thinking about that song alot lately.It was one of those songs that just fits perfectly with a film it made donnie darko for me.But then of all those stupid commerical dj's started playing it and all the consumer drven sheep in the western area decided they liked.but they didnt give a rats ass about the film cause there were no big explosions .they all started resqueted it and then decided thety wanted it on a single. And they didnt even bother finding out about gary jules or his album which is alternative (heaven forbid) then they all started calling it a christmas song!!!!!.They completly destroyed my memory of the song in context with donnie darko. and now the film has been ruined forever ruined i tell you RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

People are Strange - Echo and the Bunnymen

Reminds me of The Lost Boys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Bohemian Rhapsody - Wayne's World

Advertisement