Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1 - Higher Level

Options
  • 08-06-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

That wasn't so bad, was it? I think I did fairly well. I was able to work the story I'd prepared into the essay, so I'm happy.

Anyone else see the picture of C-3PO and R2-D2, then start thinking about the Springfield Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con? "...The cool robots of Battlestar Galactica versus the gay robots of Star Wars!" :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

The tape was way too easy.

I did the eachtra at the match for my essay and the film for the cómhrá.

I'd say I got an A in the tape, and B in the Paper 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

The tape.... WTF?

I got 43 on the tape in the mocks but I think I may of got an A this time, AT LEAST a B. Too easy. Not that I'm complaining! :D

Maybe they'll make up for the easiness with Paper 2! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    The tape.... WTF?

I got 43 on the tape in the mocks but I think I may of got an A this time, AT LEAST a B. Too easy. Not that I'm complaining! :D

Maybe they'll make up for the easiness with Paper 2! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Meh, it'd be hard to make the "describe how x theme can be found in the poem" tough and I'm screwed no matter what comes up for Unseen Poetry =).

If you look through the papers, they seem to be making it easier every year, as it used to be that if you didn't go to a Gaeilscoil, it was practicly impossible to get an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

On the tape, the question about Donkeys being in danger, did you have to name to two types of Donkey? I just said "Asal". Well, I put it into a sentence, but I didn't specify.

I wrote "asal" aswel but we won't get marks as it said "asal" in the question 2. :(

Seriously, I can't wait for my next paper. First Mr. Ploughy, then R2-D2... I can't help but wonder what's next! :D

• Advertisement

I just said asal dúchas/gaeilge(or whatever it was, I can't really remember)

What was the last question of that segment anyway? No city would host them?

I left that one blank. If my teacher ever found out, she'd kill me. Surprised she wasn't outside with a battle-axe waiting for me, I left about fifteen minutes early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

I did pass but i was looking at the honours paper and id have been well able for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

This went well for moi also.
    My scéal was about the football match (should of known, that world cup thing being this year!). I turned it into a fire in the stadium.
    And the comhrá was eeeasy, glad I understood it...
    And then a bit of Star Wars to top it all off..

As for the tapetest...it was easy enough too..
    Glad they didn't have many of those gobshítes with the accents that nobody can understand..

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

El Pr0n wrote:

Anyone else see the picture of C-3PO and R2-D2, then start thinking about the Springfield Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con? "...The cool robots of Battlestar Galactica versus the gay robots of Star Wars!" :D

you know it!!! but overall i did decent...did tend to ramble in the sceal a bit though:confused:

• Advertisement

Who didn't? Do they dock marks if you use the same verbs over and over? I kind of overdid it on the "Duirt sé" and "Chuaigh sé".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

El Pr0n wrote:
    That wasn't so bad, was it? I think I did fairly well. I was able to work the story I'd prepared into the essay, so I'm happy.

Ha! I thought I was the only one :D Especially when the question "mention two points of information about the relationship between C-3PO and R2-D2" came up.

I wrote about Star Wars for my cómhra seeing as I had so much vocab right there in front of me, seemed like a shame not to use it!

"Cé hé Yoda?"
    "Is gúrú é Yoda, tugann sé aird do na daoine a leannan an Taobh Soilse. Tá sé beag agus glas, agus tá sé breis ná 850 bliain d'aois"

Piste wrote:
    Ha! I thought I was the only one :D Especially when the question "mention two points of information about the relationship between C-3PO and R2-D2" came up.

I wrote about Star Wars for my cómhra seeing as I had so much vocab right there in front of me, seemed like a shame not to use it!

"Cé hé Yoda?"
    "Is gúrú é Yoda, tugann sé aird do na daoine a leannan an Taobh Soilse. Tá sé beag agus glas, agus tá sé breis ná 850 bliain d'aois"
    Grr, I didn't see that last question about friendship. What a stupid mistake.

*Throws 6 marcks out the window*

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

BMH wrote:
    Throws 6 marcks out the window*

*wonders what you got for english*

Fitzo wrote:

People never write the way they type though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I wanted to write some Irish in Yoda speak

"ar an Taobh Dorcha, tá tú"

But I figured they'd just think I'm retarded so I didn't.

Fitzo wrote:
    Bah, I'm confused after just doing Irish where it's marc.

Piste wrote:
    I wanted to write some Irish in Yoda speak

"ar an Taobh Dorcha, tá tú"

But I figured they'd just think I'm retarded so I didn't.

That would've been classic! But yeah, not the best approach as far as getting your marks, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Irish Paper One and Tape was grand!
    I have to say i was very surprised. Not what i expected at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spyro_babe

the essays messed me up didnt study t all hopin it would be a dream but sure it had to be sport had to make up bull**** about the importance of it.i got an A in my mocks but i doubt its gonna happen for the jc,prob B which is still quite a good result when u dont study!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    People never write the way they type though.
    I do. I make typing motions while I write. ¬.¬

We were told to just look at the eachtra and nothing else, as the whole class was **** at doing the aiste. I was afraid of not understanding it, but it went fine.

I do. I make typing motions while I write. ¬.¬
    "lol" a dúirt Seán.
    "stfu nub" a dúirt on múinteoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

the aural was ridiculously easy ( but hey I'm not complaining!)
    For the Aiste/sceal I did the first one of the sceal/eachtra and did the only thing I can: a car accident.
    The comhra.....heh I never could do these although I went for the first one and I don't think I did too bad.
    The comp. was a doss, took me 10 minutes

^ heh I was sooo tempted to write "lol" earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I found it hard to turn the football match scéal into a timpiste which I had prepared. So I just wrote a little bit about Wexford winning the All-Ireland Football Final and then I wrote loads about a car accident that happened on the way home. i hope I wont get docked marks. I did rerally crap on the Star Wars thing, I have never seen Star Wars and I think that people who ahve seen it had a real advantage so I think that particular comprehension was unfair.

The aural was piss easy!! I was laughing doing it, easiest one which we've ever done and we've done all the past paper ones.

I have so much to learn tonight for Irish Paper 2.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

Was it my imagination or was that the easiest paper 1 ever (sayin that i prob done crap but...)

I had done the ceoltóir aiste before

A two year old cud do that comhrá

And its the first time ever i could do a comprenhension.
    (star wars crap idea, neva saw it in my life, yet it was a joke too easy!):rolleyes:

I came out smilin', that says sometin!!!! lol!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CoolCiaran wrote:
    I found it hard to turn the football match scéal into a timpiste which I had prepared. So I just wrote a little bit about Wexford winning the All-Ireland Football Final and then I wrote loads about a car accident that happened on the way home. i hope I wont get docked marks. I did rerally crap on the Star Wars thing, I have never seen Star Wars and I think that people who ahve seen it had a real advantage so I think that particular comprehension was unfair.

The aural was piss easy!! I was laughing doing it, easiest one which ever done and we've done all the past paper ones.

I have so much to learn tonight for Irish Paper 2.....
    It seems the minorites are getting preference here, first the farmers, now the nerds ; ).

You might be in a bit of trouble with the scéal though. last year, there was an eachtra about when you were thar lear, and all the people who wrote about an accident on the way to the airport lost marks. In the question, it says "nuair a bhí tú sa lucht féachana ag cluiche peile".

Hmm, just reading it there, I noticed "le déanaí" I wrote about something that happened long ago, saying I forgot the re-match, but I'll never forget the match.

Oh well, not much marks for subject anyway, you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

disney wrote:
    A two year old cud do that comhrá

I guess that makes me a one year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

That tape was so easy:D . Compared to the ones we did in Irish class when the teacher had these ancient cassettes that had sh*te sound quality! This was a breeze compared 2 them!:cool: Maybe she did that on purpose... She is clever in her odd ways!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

CoolCiaran wrote:
    I found it hard to turn the football match scéal into a timpiste which I had prepared. So I just wrote a little bit about Wexford winning the All-Ireland Football Final and then I wrote loads about a car accident that happened on the way home.
    It was weird for me cos I had to make up a whole new essay compared to the one I had studied (about a burgler!!:o), so I decided to have a story about how lads were having a match at school and i was watching it and someone kicked the ball out across the road and then got hit by a lorry!!! I thought it went quite well cos though what I had planned was nothing like it, I got to use sum lovely phrases about how scared i was and the weather etc.

Advertisement