Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alan Wake

• 14-04-2007 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭

So, I've been looking forward to this game since September. Was thinking I'd be playing it by January as that's the release date play.com had at the time. It's April now and not a word has been said about the game since September.

Does anybody know what the story is with it? Play.com are now saying September, but I'm aware they're guessing. Anybody know anything at all that's happened in the last 7 months with this game?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

I'd say the videos that were showed were mostly tech demos; nice to look at, but far from a complete game. At a guess I'd say mid 2008... Remedy's an experienced enough studio though so it could be earlier than that, but at this stage I'd expect more publicity if it was going to be 2007.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So, I've been looking forward to this game since September. Was thinking I'd be playing it by January as that's the release date play.com had at the time. It's April now and not a word has been said about the game since September.

Does anybody know what the story is with it? Play.com are now saying September, but I'm aware they're guessing. Anybody know anything at all that's happened in the last 7 months with this game?

Release dates for games are the least accurate dates around. While most films meet schedules, only very rarely do games manage the same feat (will be a massive success if GTAIV manages its well announced release date).

As for Alan Wake, I have no idea when its due out. They released a video a couple of months ago which was truly mindblowing - tornado effect especially. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j6rR-Xv2Ro&mode=related&search=
    Don't know if the 360 version will live up to this, but still very much looking foward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Release dates for games are the least accurate dates around. While most films meet schedules, only very rarely do games manage the same feat (will be a massive success if GTAIV manages its well announced release date).

As for Alan Wake, I have no idea when its due out. They released a video a couple of months ago which was truly mindblowing - tornado effect especially. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j6rR-Xv2Ro&mode=related&search=
    Don't know if the 360 version will live up to this, but still very much looking foward to it.

My god that looks good. Really hoping the 360 version will look like that. I'd be suprised if there were any major delays with GTA IV. San Andreas was delayed by a week and I can't remember there being a delay with Vice City. Sure they'll probably just throw and unfinished version at us and patch it later.

Advertisement