Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First GTA IV Gameplay details

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

py2006 wrote:
    Flying...yes....airplanes....No!

So there will be flying in the game but only with helicopters!

See here http://ps3.ign.com/articles/782/782956p1.html?RSSwhen2007-04-24_052400&RSSid=782956.

The driving will be more like Midnight club apparently! Which sounds a bit dissapointing as part of the fun of GTA to date was the driving!

Sure read the article!

It is a bit dissapointing about the planes, but im glad that we have helicopters now instead. As for the driving, I just don't get what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Duffff-Man wrote:
    It is a bit dissapointing about the planes, but im glad that we have helicopters now instead. As for the driving, I just don't get what you mean.

Did you read the article?

The driving in the game will be different to previous GTA games! They are going to make it more like the Midnight Club games!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

py2006 wrote:
    Did you read the article?

The driving in the game will be different to previous GTA games! They are going to make it more like the Midnight Club games!
    still don't get what you actually mean though. The angle will have changed, no real biggie, but the handling will still be what it should be, so i don't get what the issue is. As long as you can hop into any car and take it for a spin, who cares what teh viewing angle is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Tauren wrote:
    still don't get what you actually mean though. The angle will have changed, no real biggie, but the handling will still be what it should be, so i don't get what the issue is. As long as you can hop into any car and take it for a spin, who cares what teh viewing angle is?

Ah ok! I got the impression from the article that the driving will be less arcady like the previous games and more realistic.

Tauren wrote:

Ah yeah thats the impression I got. I thought OP that they were changing everything about the driving:D . GTA need the arcady driving as you put it, it just wouldn't be the same without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Here's some new details from the May issue of Official Playstation Magazine

- Niko interacts with pedestrians e.g pushing them if they get in his way.
    - Niko steals an improved Admiral, proving old cars return.
    - Niko, in his mid-thirties, is on the run from a "dark past".
    - The mafia take a role in the game (although not a main one).
    - Pop ups are eliminated.
    - Roosevelt Island appears in-game.
    - "The game isn't trying to be photorealistic, but artificial intelligence needs to have a similar quality to the visuals or it's not going to hold together." Dan Houser
    - If you pull a gun out everyone will scatter screaming
    - One airport appears in the game. Helicopters have been confirmed by Dan as well.
    - Cross developing for the PS3 and Xbox 360 has apparently been a challenge.
    - Both systems have their pleasures and pains.
    - The game will be online (previously only a multiplayer mode was confirmed)
    - The character customization is not on par with San Andreas.
    - You can see right into buildings now.
    - The plot will contain "outrageous betrayals" and "jackknife reversals".
    - Custom tracks isn't confirmed but it is "possible"
    - Dan wants it to be a huge step up, but still similar to previous games.
    - There giving us more to do in our [Niko's] leisure time.
    - There will be "virtually" no returning characters. "Anyway, most of the characters we liked were dead" DH.
    - The game is not as influenced by films as previous games have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bring back Donald Love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

- The character customization is not on par with San Andreas.
    Excellent, hopefully this one will be less like the Sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Here's some new details from the May issue of Official Playstation Magazine

- There will be "virtually" no returning characters. "Anyway, most of the characters we liked were dead" DH.

Oh this sounds promising, this could give the opportunity to provide a whole new spin on the series !

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

No returners... No.

• Advertisement

Im glad to see that they made a fresh start with the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

- If you pull a gun out everyone will scatter screaming

thats a touch i like, i mean, what would you do if someone is running down the road past you carrying an AK?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Tonne of new details on www.gtagaming.com

Nothing major really but it's nice to have an update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Thanks Royale, that does give a bit more scope into what GTAIV should be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

py2006 wrote:
    Flying...yes....airplanes....No!

The driving will be more like Midnight club apparently! Which sounds a bit dissapointing as part of the fun of GTA to date was the driving!

Sure read the article!

Noooooooo!! I hated Midnight Club and one of the best parts of San Andreas was shooting around in the jets especially the Gulf Stream looking one.

Iv a feeling that it can go very wrong... but its early days yet release date is in October right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Tonne of new details on www.gtagaming.com

Nothing major really but it's nice to have an update
    The three screenshots at the end of that article look unbelievable. I ahve no doubt that GTA IV will be the greatest video game of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Let's be patient eh death1234567 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

thats a touch i like, i mean, what would you do if someone is running down the road past you carrying an AK?
    Yeah its a nice touch, but I hope that if there's a cop nearby, you won't get an immediate 1 star, because if you need an item from your list that isn't a weapon (ie a camera) and you have to cycle through a list of weapons to get it, that will be a big pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A few nnice screenies: http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php

Also, there's the bolded bit:
    Games Radar, IGN, and GameSpot have all posted new previews of Grand Theft Auto IV, based on the existing demo. Included are 4 never-before-seen screenshots, plus all of the screenshots from the print magazine previews published earlier this month.
    Demo? Me wants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kopman

heres a trailer frm the offical website
    http://www.gta4.net/trailer/index.php

where is it based liberty city or new york??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

kopman wrote:
    where is it based liberty city or new york??

It's the same place:rolleyes: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I always thought Liberty City was Newark for some reason.

MM

I always thought Liberty City was Newark for some reason.

MM

That's a very easy mistake to make since there was nothing like the Empire State or Statue of Liberty in it to mark it as that particullar city. And since both areas have the Mafia, it's still very confusing.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 kopman

cant wait 4 it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

**** it about new characters and **** i want a new place,

i hate liberty city always have,

u did gta3,
    liberty city stories,
    **** sake liberty city is over done with it should be abandoned we need a map like san andreas, r sumwere like district 13 that would b gud

It's going to be a whole different Liberty City so quit your complaining and try not to swear as much!

Advertisement