Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ILPC 2009 - Irish Ladies Poker Championships 2009

Options
  • 28-01-2009 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wanted to start a new thread to approach this in a far more professional manner from here on in.

We are aiming for a field of 400 players so I am going to be doing a serious amount of promotion for this event for the next two months. Please note the change of date and venue which is now 110% confirmed.

If you are signing up to Titan Poker in order to take part in this tournament please be sure to click on this link; http://banner.titanpoker.com/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?id=N&member=PokerIreland&profile=ladies09
    And please be sure to type in the bonus code "Ladies09"

If you already have a Titan account I will now be able to take care of you. All you have to do is email stephen@pokerireland.ie with your TTR, the date you joined Titan, your DOB and any other details that you think might be relevant (if you joined Titan simply to play in the Ladies Champs then I would like to know :) )....Ok, let the promotion begin :)

The Irish Ladies Poker Championships 2009 will take place on Saturday 21st March 2009 in the Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel, Northwood, Santry Demesne, Dublin 9 - http://www.cpdublin.crowneplaza.com/home/location.658.location.html

Entry costs US$80 (+US$8 registration fee) No Limit Texas Hold'em Freezeout:
    12 noon start on Saturday 21st March;
    Estimated Prize-Pool; US$32,000

All registration is taking place online through pokerireland.ie...There is a link up on the site ( www.pokerireland.ie ) in the next few days so all players that wish to take part must register through the website (or through the link above ^^^^)

We're hoping to achieve a field of 400 players for this one day event. We can handle more than that but I think a realistic estimate is that we will get somewhere between 300 and 400 ladies to play.

Level 1 25-50 12:00 12:30
    Level 2 50-100 12:30 13:00
    Level 3 75-150 13:00 13:30
    Level 4 100-200 13:30 14:00
    Break 14:00 14:20
    Level 5 150-300 14:20 14:50
    Level 6 200-400 14:50 15:20
    Level 7 300-600 15:20 15:50
    Level 8 400-800 15:50 16:20
    Break 16:20 16:40
    Level 9 500-1,000 16:40 17:10
    Level 10 800-1,500 17:10 17:40
    Level 11 1,000-2,000 17:40 18:10
    Level 12 1,500-3,000 Dinner Break 18:10 18:40
    Level 12 1,500-3,000 Dinner Break 18:40 19:10
    Level 13 2,000-4,000 19:10 19:40
    Level 14 3,000-6,000 19:40 20:10
    Level 15 4,000-8,000 20:10 20:40
    Level 16 5,000-10,000 20:40 21:10
    Level 17 8,000-15,000 21:10 21:40
    Break 21:40 22:00
    Level 18 10,000-20,000 22:00 22:30
    Level 19 15,000-30,000 22:30 23:00
    Level 20 20,000-40,000 23:00 00:00
    Level 21 30,000-60,000 00:00 00:30
    Level 22 40,000-80,000 00:30 01:00
    Level 23 50,000-100,000 01:00 01:30
    Level 24 80,000-150,000 01:30 02:00

The tournament will be fully dealer dealt and professionally run as always.

Cash game rake; €5 per player per half hour.

We are going to need a lot of help from lady poker players to help us get the word around about this tournament. The whole idea is that we see poker grow as a sport and the only way we can do that is to introduce as many new players to the game as possible.

Many thanks,
    Stephen Mc Lean.
    www.pokerireland.ie

P.S. Please note; we will not be accepting cash registrations on the day of the event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Flyers will be going out in the post this Monday. If you would like me to send you a handful I would greatly appreciate it.

I am also trying to organise a good number of players to play an online satellite this Friday 30th January. Cost will be $20+$2.

If you have had or are having any problems with Titan support, problems downloading or registering please please please email me; stephen@pokerireland.ie as I would like to make sure that everyone gets the best possible service through this tournament and whilst/if playing on Titan.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Great Stephen and glad you confirmed what I posted up :) I hope that was ok but the girls were asking questions.

I will be good for a satt on friday, I had tried a few times to get a satt going while you away. I was another who joined titan only because of this, bt I think I am sorted to reg for any events, is that right?

Lets get this show on the road. I Pm'd you about promotion anyway, so that still stands.

Good luck with this

Gill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Dear Steve @ Poker Ireland,
    Thank you once again for another kind email invitation to play in the Ladies open , I would of course love to play in this however,
    I won't play as I can't find a THING to wear, I've looked everywhere but nothing, with the credit crunch and all I've also had to cut down on my cosmetics, and also my hair is a mess these days, I really don't want the other girls to see me like thi, the menopause does bring some added issues also, anyways as you know I am addicted to poker so you emails on the Irish Ladies poker open are a real tease to me, but I must stand firm and lose some weight first before I allow myself these little pleasures. So please if possible don't send me any more emails on the Irsh LADIES Open. I believe Noeleen haynes and Olive Boyce are keen to play. I know Noleen is hysterical trying to find a wig for the day and Olive has been on the Ryvita bread since January 1st(although she still makes me look like Victoria Becham)
    You simply MUST tell me about your exploits in Aussieland.
    rgds
    Wilhomena.

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Thank you once again for another kind email invitation to play in the Ladies open , I would of course love to play in this however,
    I won't play as I can't find a THING to wear, I've looked everywhere but nothing, with the credit crunch and all I've also had to cut down on my cosmetics, and also my hair is a mess these days, I really don't want the other girls to see me like thi, the menopause does bring some added issues also, anyways as you know I am addicted to poker so you emails on the Irish Ladies poker open are a real tease to me, but I must stand firm and lose some weight first before I allow myself these little pleasures. So please if possible don't send me any more emails on the Irsh LADIES Open. I believe Noeleen haynes and Olive Boyce are keen to play. I know Noleen is hysterical trying to find a wig for the day and Olive has been on the Ryvita bread since January 1st(although she still makes me look like Victoria Becham)
    rgds
    Wilhomena.

Damn You!!!:mad:

:)

So who's in for the satellite on Friday? You're allowed to play Willie, but you're not allowed win a ticket.

carfax wrote: »
    Damn You!!!:mad:

:)

So who's in for the satellite on Friday? You're allowed to play Willie, but you're not allowed win a ticket.

What time is the satellite on tomorrow night? I should be up for it as long as its not too early as I need the kidlets out the way! is it the usual 8.05pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

JUST WONDERING HOW WILL YOU BE CONFIRMING WOMANLYNESS ON THE DAY

lets say for example someone turns up who doesnt quite look female, how will you confirm their status in that regard, i mean anyine can buy a cheap ID nowadays which can say more or less anything you like, eg. Mick Doyle could easily become Mary Doyle and how would you dispute this?

will you be allowing people who turn up on the day in a dress?

send me some flyers and i will make sure they are handed out for you, to FEMALE players only

gl with this, i am not so sure there are 400 women players out there, maybe i'm wrong, but the usual turnout of women at open games all over the country is approx 5 or 6 per event

hope it goes well and they fly in from all over for it

Derek
    ps, is it women dealers only too?

Derek
    ps, is it women dealers only too?

FFS, are you some sort of sicko??? ;) you guys get to oggle the lady dealers, so why can't we have some fun :D

WE WANT MEN!!!

thats me out so

why dont you call the chipendales and see if they have any dealers

FFS, are you some sort of sicko??? ;) you guys get to oggle the lady dealers, so why can't we have some fun :D

WE WANT MEN!!!

Men only dealers it is so.....I'll be wearing my extra tight trousers too Gill :D (pinching my behind is also actively encouraged for players on the day)

8pm tomorrow night for the satellite. Getting a lot of registrations in today now so hopefully we get a good few runners for this tomorrow night. Anyone else having problems registering on Titan please email me as I'm sending a list of tonight of players that need to be allocated in the tournament.

stephen@pokerireland.ie

Men only dealers it is so.....I'll be wearing my extra tight trousers too Gill :D (pinching my behind is also actively encouraged for players on the day)
    8pm tomorrow night for the satellite. Getting a lot of registrations in today now so hopefully we get a good few runners for this tomorrow night. Anyone else having problems registering on Titan please email me as I'm sending a list of tonight of players that need to be allocated in the tournament.

stephen@pokerireland.ie

:eek: TART! lol

I will reg for the satt now, Tony will just have to get a taxi to mine tomorrow night as I usuallycollect him at 9.00 :p

• Advertisement

stephen@pokerireland.ie

Stephen, where is it showing? I only see one for a few days time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lady Di

rgds
    Wilhomena.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

rgds
    Wilhomena.

ROFLMAO! :D I really need that laugh after the day I've had... Seriously Willie, you could have passed that email along to all (ahem) the ladies in your life! :D

Sorry girls, I'm gonna miss tomorrow night's Satt - I'm flying to London for the weekend :(

Think I may have messed up on this one too.....Though those satellties were every night....

I've been saying to a few of the ladies that have emailed that there are Sit & Go's in the lobby too all the time.....There will be more than enough on at 8pm tonight to get a satellite going.....But it will be a sub-sat.

Sorry :o

Stephen.

Think I may have messed up on this one too.....Though those satellties were every night....

I've been saying to a few of the ladies that have emailed that there are Sit & Go's in the lobby too all the time.....There will be more than enough on at 8pm tonight to get a satellite going.....But it will be a sub-sat.

Stephen.

One of those ones I posted up about when I trie to get a few ladies to play? the ones about a 3 buyin? have you a tourney number or what. planning to register and need to let Tony know if he has to get a taxi or not. kwim? cheers Stephen

One of those ones I posted up about when I trie to get a few ladies to play? the ones about a 3 buyin? have you a tourney number or what. planning to register and need to let Tony know if he has to get a taxi or not. kwim? cheers Stephen

Can't get onto Titan right now to get a tournie number;

If you go into the Sit & Go lobby just click "Name". All tournaments will be listed in alphabetical order so just look under "L".

Hope this helps, and hope we get a satellite going tonight.

Stephen.

Can't get onto Titan right now to get a tournie number;

If you go into the Sit & Go lobby just click "Name". All tournaments will be listed in alphabetical order so just look under "L".

Stephen.

I found it and reg'd already Stephen, lets hope it doesnt start while I am sorting kids. I hope we get an 8.00pm start!

Any news on the satellite last night???

So hard to organise online satellites.....

The registrations are flying in now for the main event (up to about 120 players that have expressed an interest on pokerireland.ie anyway)......Hope we can get a few satellites going as I would like everyone to have the chance to qualify uber cheap into the tournament.

Flyers will be printed up by Tuesday next week so guys and girls expect a handful in the post if you are on our database......If you're a bloke the idea is for you to pass on a few flyers to any lovely lady poker players that you know.

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Stephen.

Stephen.
    Any news on the satellite last night???

So hard to organise online satellites.....

The registrations are flying in now for the main event (up to about 120 players that have expressed an interest on pokerireland.ie anyway)......Hope we can get a few satellites going as I would like everyone to have the chance to qualify uber cheap into the tournament.

Flyers will be printed up by Tuesday next week so guys and girls expect a handful in the post if you are on our database......If you're a bloke the idea is for you to pass on a few flyers to any lovely lady poker players that you know.

Stephen.

Lots of interest last night in the satellite :rolleyes:. Only 2 players reg'd for 3 hours last night until they got a pain in the @ss and unreg'd at 9.30. From what i see there's little or no interest in this event except for the few on boards that try to get satellites going and are constantly hounding boardsies to try and at least arrange a STT.

I just find it a pain that for 3/4 weekends now, a couple of people have stayed in on Fridays to reg and its not got going.

Personally Stephen, i think you should guarantee 1 ticket for the Main event every Friday for the next 4 weeks. If Titan are supporting this, and you're hoping to get a $32k prizefund, i think having a ticket guaranteed is a tiny way of showing that you are pushing this tournament and want it to work.

Flushdraw wrote: »
    From what i see there's little or no interest in this event

Did you miss my post earlier saying that I have over 100 players that have taken the time to fill in their details on the pokerireland.ie reg form? There are at least 12 players that I know of that have booked flights and accomodation too.

In fairness Tony this was my first real effort at getting players together for an online satellite to the event.....The promotion campaign is only kicking off for this tournament now so give us half a chance please mate.

Flyers will be printed up early this week and will be sent to over 500 locations around the country.

I will be working extremely hard over the next two months to make sure that this event hits the 400 player mark. If we don't get there then so be it, but we will be doing everything we can to make sure the players get one of the best poker tournaments they have ever experienced.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    www.pokerireland.ie

• Advertisement

Did you miss my post earlier saying that I have over 100 players that have taken the time to fill in their details on the pokerireland.ie reg form? There are at least 12 players that I know of that have booked flights and accomodation too.

In fairness Tony this was my first real effort at getting players together for an online satellite to the event.....The promotion campaign is only kicking off for this tournament now so give us half a chance please mate.

Flyers will be printed up early this week and will be sent to over 500 locations around the country.

I will be working extremely hard over the next two months to make sure that this event hits the 400 player mark. If we don't get there then so be it, but we will be doing everything we can to make sure the players get one of the best poker tournaments they have ever experienced.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    www.pokerireland.ie

It is very hard to get a satt together, I have been trying these last few weeks through posting tournaments here, PMs and even stalking the wimmin on facebook!

This wasnt a good weekend for the boards ladies as the Irish Deaf Poker tourney is on in London, but we should be able to get a few together another night. Myself and Themadchef reg'd friday from 6.00pm onwards and I gave up at 9.30. Was scared to leave my laptop in case it started, so we really need to get one organised and a time set and see how we go.

Awww what a shame... Friday night is a difficult night to arrange a satt. Any other Satt going?

I know a few interested but they haven't a clue about downloading the gaming applications, don't have a credit card or are 'very wary' of doing this, will there be an alternative way for them to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

The only STT satellite up now is a $3.87 5 seater to win a token into the $17.50 sat that hasnt got going yet. If you filter STTs by satellite, it wont be showing so you need to leave filters off and search by name.

Your best bet is to ask Stephen to put the $17.60 sat back up in the STT section and arrange a game between 5 of you and have a go at qualifying. At least you're not tied to a certain time or date.

No doubt the scheduled satellites will go ahead at a later stage as Stephen will push the boat out to get the going so when interest picks up, you should get enough people reg'd to gurantee a ticket, but for now, go down the STT option if it becomes availble.

Awww what a shame... Friday night is a difficult night to arrange a satt. Any other Satt going?

I know a few interested but they haven't a clue about downloading the gaming applications, don't have a credit card or are 'very wary' of doing this, will there be an alternative way for them to register?

Hi Electra,

Yeah I definitely need to organise another satellite properly.....Any suggestions as to a night this week that you think will work?

As regards registering, I'm afraid this is the only way.....You can lodge money with Ukash vouchers onto Titan and they are available at just about every paypoint in the country now (as far as I know)......For a €5 reg fee we simply can't organise dealers/floor staff, equipment, venue and promotional material without Titan on board sponsoring the event.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

P.S. How did it go in London?

Hi Electra,

Yeah I definitely need to organise another satellite properly.....Any suggestions as to a night this week that you think will work?

As regards registering, I'm afraid this is the only way.....You can lodge money with Ukash vouchers onto Titan and they are available at just about every paypoint in the country now (as far as I know)......For a €5 reg fee we simply can't organise dealers/floor staff, equipment, venue and promotional material without Titan on board sponsoring the event.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

P.S. How did it go in London?

I can really do any night, but prefer to do it during the week if possible and from 8.00pm onwards to ensure the kids are in bed, but I am pretty flexible.

London: what an experience... out in 14th place, I put my exit hand on the BBV :rolleyes: enough said!!! Was last woman (and last Irish) player standing so hey, that counts for something! :D

Anyhow... I guess I will have to show the others how to download Titan etc. I hope the circular details this too?

I'm easy with regards to the satts, not Wednesday or Sunday nights though!

WELL DONE ELECTRA, GREAT RESULT

i have 3 possible winners for this event

you--smurph --that dealer girl from fitzpatricks in Limerick,sharon (class player)

Derek

Little bumpage;

I know there aren't too many lady poker players here on boards but just want to say keep the registrations coming.

I am really going to start hammering away at the promotion from next week on, expect to see me if you are playing in a club/ casino or big pub game as I really want to make sure everyone gets behind this event.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

WELL DONE ELECTRA, GREAT RESULT

i have 3 possible winners for this event

you--smurph --that dealer girl from fitzpatricks in Limerick,sharon (class player)

Derek

LOL! Don't bet anything on me just yet Derek... ;) I'm no where near as good as Smurph! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

LOL! Don't bet anything on me just yet Derek... ;) I'm no where near as good as Smurph! :o

lol,
    as someone said in a post last week "I can't seem to fold a napkin" at the moment.....

My donkey ears are firmly attached....

Do I know you Electrablue?

Advertisement