Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Whats your favourite ghosty movie? I like the Shining.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Tale of Two Sisters and Epitaph, I think. Gin Gwai's alright too.

Asian cinema does supernatural right.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

There is so many favs,,,i did see this a few weeks ago
    it was ok some nice jumpy bits,,,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    There is so many favs,,,i did see this a few weeks ago
    it was ok some nice jumpy bits,,,lol

my brother was freaked out by this.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supadude

The shining

the music is so scary =(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have a few, because they can be so different.

The Gift, 6th Sense, and The Others for the not-really-scary more thoughtful ghosty film.

Ghost for the squishy romance, and for Whoopi Goldberg at her best.

The Grudge for making me jump. (Havent seen the asian version which I hear is better than the one with Buffy in.)

I hate torture horror like Hostel.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    I have a few, because they can be so different.

The Gift, 6th Sense, and The Others for the not-really-scary more thoughtful ghosty film.

Ghost for the squishy romance, and for Whoopi Goldberg at her best.

The Grudge for making me jump. (Havent seen the asian version which I hear is better than the one with Buffy in.)

I hate torture horror like Hostel.
    did anyone ever see Brimstone it was a t.v series not a film but should be!? something on the lines of demon's if i remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

My fav has to be Ghostwatch, it's not that scary by todays standards, but I was eleven when it aired and f*&k me I shat myself the next two nights.

Ended up buying it on DVD, anyone else remember it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Ghostbusters.

jonbravo wrote: »
    did anyone ever see Brimstone it was a t.v series not a film but should be!? something on the lines of demon's if i remember right.
    here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qotcZIqQGYo

3 men and a baby

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Of the recent ones I've seen, I thought Mirrors was pretty good. Apart from the explanation towards the end, and the end itself, the concept was interesting and pretty freaky. Some well done bits too. Also Jack Bauer + ghosts = guaranteed awesome.

I quite liked 1408 too. Again a good scary concept if you let yourself buy into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

3 men and a baby

Heh, yeah I remember when that whole fiasco was about. I recorded it or got it out on video and had my eyes glued to the screen. Apparently it was just a cardboard cutout.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

stevenmu wrote: »

I quite liked 1408 too. Again a good scary concept if you let yourself buy into it.

I thought 1408 sucked,,,

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    I thought 1408 sucked,,,

I am in between with this one. I was really enjoying it but it just went overbored. He gets a great EVP at the end of it though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

i really like skeleton key! its so creepy all about voodoo and stuff and really interesting with a twist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

White noise, and The shinning - classic, and The Others, Sixth sense, Salem's lot - I saw this when I was about 6, (my brothers were babysitting me and thought I was asleep on the couch!) I was terrified and I mean TERRIFIED for about 1 month after, needless to say they got into trouble with my parents lol. Still find it hard to watch now! how sad am I:)

how about the mothman.......brill movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

jonbravo wrote: »

I remember that, it was cancelled mid way through it's first season, bit like Reaper, only serious, man leaves Hell to chase down demons who have escaped.

The Motheman Prophecies, The Others, The 6th Sense.

I found The Happening to be creepy, but I seem to be the only one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 technobreed

3 men and a baby

:pac: are you kidding us :pac:

I remember that, it was cancelled mid way through it's first season, bit like Reaper, only serious, man leaves Hell to chase down demons who have escaped.

The Motheman Prophecies, The Others, The 6th Sense.

I found The Happening to be creepy, but I seem to be the only one!!
    no your not the only one that found the happening creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 makeitcount

Scream :o

Advertisement