Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish Amateur Poker League starts Sept-Dec 09 (€65,000 GUARANTEED)

• 28-08-2009 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Poker%20in%20the%20Pub%20logoOO1.jpg
    After the great success of the IPPT 4 weeks League in June/July 2009. Poker in the Pub are delighted to annouce a national league nationwide, This league we called " The Irish Amateur Poker League" .

with Guaranteed prize-pool of 65,000 Including 5 trips to Las Vegas / 5 Trips to Florida and the winner of our "Amateur Poker League" will receive FREE ENRY into the 2010 WORLD SERIES of POKER in Las Vegas all expenses paid plus €10,000
    The League will starts in September and run for 12 weeks, where Entry is completely FREE ! with a membership of €10 per game and prizes on the night.

People are involve; Donnacha O'Dea: HDN.President, Fintan Gavin: Chairman, Christy Smith: C.E.O and Financail Director, Jim Smith: Operation Manager, Patrick Kelly: Public Relations, Connie O'Sulian and Matt Dobblins are Directors. ( Link: http://ippt.webs.com/sponsors.htm )

All venues will be annouced on boards.ie and our official website at http://www.pokerinthepub.ie/ over the next two weeks. or check it out some information at the site: http://ippt.webs.com/

If any clubs/pubs/bars and operator is interested in particapating in our league or if you think you can run a tournament and have what it takes we can supply you with chips, tables, cards etc. Please contact us on Phone: 01-4457302 or Mobile 086-1217281

scan0001.jpgscan0006.jpg

FORMAT OF THE LEAGUE

1. Who is running the event - Poker in the Pub Limited
    2. The purpose of the event – (commercial) The Irish Amateur Poker League.
    3. Date and Location of event - starts from 22nd of September -8th December 2009
    4. Registration and Start time of event - Mostly Reg at 7.30 pm, tournament starts at 8pm.
    5. Any prerequisites- N/A
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number – At the venue, no max.
    7. Type of Tournament – Hold'em No Limit / Double chance.
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc –FREE!
    9. Cost of registration – ONLY €10 league and membership of Irish Amateur Poker Association
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund – €4 added on the night from each entry
    10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments – N/A
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool – €65,000 Prize pool guaranteed including 5 trips to Las Vegas and the winner will receive FREE ENTRY into 2010 WORLD SERIES of POKER all expenses paid plus €10,000
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels – Double Chance freeze out with 2500 chips starting stack plus 2500 chips any time after first hand up to the first break FREE!,
    13. Starting Chips – 2500
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts – 2500 chips any time after first hand up to the first break
    15. Blind levels – to follow, blind levels may be replayed depending on big blind/average stack ratio.
    16. Blind time frames – 15 minutes.
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash – Yes prize on the night at least 3 prizes, 1-3 player qualifiers from each venue to the grand final in Killarney. please see below qualifier structure, Last 10 players receive points, 10th = 1 point, 1th = 10 points and so on
    18. Are there going to be dealers – Dealer at the final table ONLY
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules – Yes, Our House Rules
    20. Is there a tournament director – Yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say - TD
    22. Grand final - The National Event Centre, Killarney on the 5th, 6th, and 7th February 2010

Qualifier structure
    Average number of players in pub
    1-15 players = 1 qualifier
    16-30 players = 2 qualifiers
    31-45 players = 3 qualifiers
    Note: From 12 week league, every 4 weeks new league starts and qualifier will be annouced on our website. http://www.pokerinthepub.ie/

Hope to see everyone come and join us for a crack game of poker in our league in pubs, clubs, bars throughout Republic of Ireland and competing qualify to the Grand final to win amazing prizes at low costs offering.

For more information please contact us.

Best regards,

Jim Smith
    Operation Manager
    086-1217281

Poker in the Pub Ltd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭IPPT

Venues comfired in dublin
    1. Artane House. Mondays at 8pm
    2. Horse and hound, Harmonstown, Tuesdays at 8pm
    3. Ardlea Inn, Artane, wednesdays at 8pm
    4. Bar code, clontarf, thursdays at 8pm
    5. Bar code, clontarf, sundays at 8pm
    6. Goose tavern, drumcondra, tuesdays at 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Looks interesting but sorry, your post makes little sense. Also there is nothing updated on your website.

Yopu dont say where the prizepoolc omes from, how much each venue cotntributes towards it each night, is the €10 memberahip a one off or each night?? If each night, then it's not FREE. How many qualify for final etc. Look, i'm not trying to knock it but it is totally unclear to me how it all works.

1. As we will have a lot of venues coming trough the venues will be up-dated on a weekly bases.

2. It is 10 euro a night entry, break down as follows. 4 euro to the td, 4 euro to the prize-pool on the night, 2 euro to the main prize-fund

thanks for your comments i hope this will help you.

regards,

jm

IPPT wrote: »
    1. As we will have a lot of venues coming trough the venues will be up-dated on a weekly bases.

2. It is 10 euro a night entry, break down as follows. 4 euro to the td, 4 euro to the prize-pool on the night, 2 euro to the main prize-fund

thanks for your comments i hope this will help you.

regards,

jm

Thanks. Couple more questions, I'm not too sure how palyers qualify. Will there be a final at the end of each league in each venue etc??? Can organisers introduce, say a €10 extra charge for the prizepool cos imo not too many players will be attrracted by the miniscule prizemoney on offer whne they are used to plating for more.

Vegas trips - how much is taken out of prizepool to cove rhese and is the wsop package extra or included.

You supply chips, tables etc?? Is this free or is there a charge?

Rockfish wrote: »
    Thanks. Couple more questions, I'm not too sure how palyers qualify. Will there be a final at the end of each league in each venue etc??? Can organisers introduce, say a €10 extra charge for the prizepool cos imo not too many players will be attrracted by the miniscule prizemoney on offer whne they are used to plating for more.

Vegas trips - how much is taken out of prizepool to cove rhese and is the wsop package extra or included.

You supply chips, tables etc?? Is this free or is there a charge?

1. If you have 15 players in your league 1 qualifes for the grand final, 30 players 2 qualifes.

2. an organiser can joy the league if he wants a 50 euro charge applies were he can take it out of the prize-pool.

3. The first prize is a ticket in to the main event plus travel and 10,000 euro

4. We will supply tables, chips, cards, etc. free of charge all equipment will belong to poker in the pub.

regards,

jim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭tensevensuited

so its 10euro per player per nite 2 play,what is the free membership all about and with all the trips included in the prize pool,if ur final prize pool ends up being 65k how much of the prize pool will all the trips add up too and if u dont want 2 take a trip can u take the cash value of the trip.

1 other question,how r u making ur money from this.

so its 10euro per player per nite 2 play,what is the free membership all about and with all the trips included in the prize pool,if ur final prize pool ends up being 65k how much of the prize pool will all the trips add up too and if u dont want 2 take a trip can u take the cash value of the trip.
    1. 1. there is a cash option as well, if you do not want the trips but is it everyones dream to play in the w.s.o.p main event.
    regards,

jim

1 other question,how r u making ur money from this.

1. answer we make are money by working as weekly tournament directors at are league events.

regards,

jim

1. 1. there is a cash option as well, if you do not want the trips but is it everyones dream to play in the w.s.o.p main event.
    regards,

jim

what is the total cost of all the trips that is coming from the prize pool?

• Advertisement

think the mods need to look at this thread as this is posted up as being free,this is not free....answers were getting are very vague.every player pays 10euro every nite...no proper answer 2 how much trips cost,says qualify for wsop for free but its not free..ur making ur money from doing tournament directors every week,come on look at the list of names that are involved with this and ur trying 2 tell me that these people are going round pubs doing tournie directors....something not right with this.

everything is in the thread that answers your questions. 10 euro entry in to the league and membership fee to the irish amateur poker association.
    the people who are involved in this event maybe not them running the weekly events but there staff. everything about this event is 100% legit as you see the names behind poker in the pub a lot of hard effort has gone in to this over the last 6 months. thank you for your views.

regards,

christopher smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

think the mods need to look at this thread as this is posted up as being free,this is not free....answers were getting are very vague.every player pays 10euro every nite...no proper answer 2 how much trips cost,says qualify for wsop for free but its not free..ur making ur money from doing tournament directors every week,come on look at the list of names that are involved with this and ur trying 2 tell me that these people are going round pubs doing tournie directors....something not right with this.
    Jesus Kieth i think you need to let up a bit on this . IPPT are just after running a 4 week pilot league with a grand final after being held in the fitz with over 80 players and 8k gauranteed . I would really have to question your line on this and what's behind such an attack ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Jesus Kieth i think you need to let up a bit on this . IPPT are just after running a 4 week pilot league with a grand final after being held in the fitz with over 80 players and 8k gauranteed . I would really have to question your line on this and what's behind such an attack ???

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BIGBLIND

DAMO72 wrote: »

+2
    this lad is a pure sap, in this down turn any game for €10 is great, wat is your prob man, get a f**king grip they are also making money for charity i dont see any of the big guns doing this so put a sock in it ya muppet
    i cant wait for this to come to mullingar, bring it on

Winstons Poker will have a thread up soon with a list of just SOME of the venues running €10 games for this, so keep an eye out for that.

Regardsd Paddy @ Winstons Poker

Our web-site will be up-dated on friday with venues and times, as we are getting many venues everyday, we now have in around 30 or so in dublin and a lot country wide. We aim to start the league on the 14th of september with more venues following on the week later.

regards,

jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

If i am reading this right is only 40% of the money that you pay on the night actually going into the prize fund on that night? I think that this would be a major turn off for a lot of players if is the case.

If i am reading this right is only 40% of the money that you pay on the night actually going into the prize fund on that night? I think that this would be a major turn off for a lot of players if is the case.

1. The breakdown as follows. 4 euro goes to the t.d, 4 euro to the prize-pool on the night, 2 euro goes to the irish amateur poker association, with a % of this will go to the national childrens hospital.

regards,

jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Maestro21

Jim whats the story with gettin tables and chips and that

• Advertisement

Maestro21 wrote: »
    Jim whats the story with gettin tables and chips and that
    pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 49 carlost

Youre paying €10 a night to be in with a chance of entering a final with a prizepool of €65000. How is that bad value? Even playing every night in multiple pubs and its still great value, plus you have the chance to win a bit of cash on the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

carlost wrote: »
    Youre paying €10 a night to be in with a chance of entering a final with a prizepool of €65000. How is that bad value? Even playing every night in multiple pubs and its still great value, plus you have the chance to win a bit of cash on the night!

Where did i say that this was bad value? Wasn't having a go i just wanted to see was I reading it right. Personally, i prefer to play for a bigger % of the prize pool on the night (admittedly with a larger buy in than proposed here) with a smaller % if any going to a league final/playoff. Best of luck with it, i'm sure it will do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭dream.

Hey jim & paddy liam here just to clarify ; In an existing game like mine i can take €2 per player and forward it on to you as our entry to the grand final .
    I also pay €50 to become a venue i understand ?

Is there a way to check each venue s numbers developed

Then the 3 winners of each 4 week league over the 12 weeks( up to 15 players) qualify for the grand €65k final (with cash options for tickets/trips won there /

thank for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

Best of luck with this,great idea.Hope the cork pubs jump on.
    Noel M.

dream. wrote: »
    Hey jim & paddy liam here just to clarify ; In an existing game like mine i can take €2 per player and forward it on to you as our entry to the grand final .
    I also pay €50 to become a venue i understand ?

Is there a way to check each venue s numbers developed

Then the 3 winners of each 4 week league over the 12 weeks( up to 15 players) qualify for the grand €65k final (with cash options for tickets/trips won there /

thank for info
    pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭dream.

hey jim thanks for response , dont no how to send pm s im afraid can you fill me in on dif between €2 per player & €50 per week , i dont need equip so the once off €50 dosnt arise i take it
    also checks on players actually playing in each venue
    and is it to be run as 3 x 4 week leagues or can the house decide top 3 after 12 weeks etc

dream. wrote: »
    hey jim thanks for response , dont no how to send pm s im afraid can you fill me in on dif between €2 per player & €50 per week , i dont need equip so the once off €50 dosnt arise i take it
    also checks on players actually playing in each venue
    and is it to be run as 3 x 4 week leagues or can the house decide top 3 after 12 weeks etc
    pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

Edit: asked what was already answered

The website only has pubs in north dublin...?

Overall winner gets entered into WSOP Main Event and also gets an additional E10,000 spending money?

I see the way the E10 on the night is split 4/4/2. Is the rebuy E10 also split 4/4/2?

I take it I will be able to follow the points for each venue on an ongoing basis on the website just to make sure ...:)

• Advertisement

Edit: asked what was already answered

The website only has pubs in north dublin...?

Overall winner gets entered into WSOP Main Event and also gets an additional E10,000 spending money?

I see the way the E10 on the night is split 4/4/2. Is the rebuy E10 also split 4/4/2?

I take it I will be able to follow the points for each venue on an ongoing basis on the website just to make sure ...:)
    The website will be updated later on today with venues trough ireland.

The website will be updated later on today with venues trough ireland.
    points will be up-dated on web-site, first prize is the ticket plus travel to the wsop and 10k cash, there is no rebuy just 10 euro entry on the night.

regards,

jim

Hi guys,

Anyone interested in coming a tournament director for poker in the pub in the limerick area. please pm me.

yours,

jim

Hi everyone,

The irish amateur poker league starts tonight in The Barrow lodge Portarlington at 8.30pm, your td is Paddy Kelly contact 0502-23651.
    Good luck with this tonight Paddy as if the numbers were as good as the ippt event in the summer the place should be buzzing with poker players.

Regards,

Jim

Poker%20in%20the%20Pub%20logoOO1.jpg
    After the great success of the IPPT 4 weeks League in June/July 2009. Poker in the Pub are delighted to annouce a national league nationwide, This league we called " The Irish Amateur Poker League" .

with Guaranteed prize-pool of 65,000 Including 5 trips to Las Vegas / 5 Trips to Florida and the winner of our "Amateur Poker League" will receive FREE ENRY into the 2010 WORLD SERIES of POKER in Las Vegas all expenses paid plus €10,000
    The League will starts in September and run for 12 weeks, where Entry is completely FREE ! with a membership of €10 per game and prizes on the night.
    People are involve; Donnacha O'Dea: HDN.President, Fintan Gavin: Chairman, Christy Smith: C.E.O and Financail Director, Jim Smith: Operation Manager, Patrick Kelly: Public Relations, Connie O'Sulian and Matt Dobblins are Directors. ( Link: http://ippt.webs.com/sponsors.htm )

All venues will be annouced on boards.ie and our official website at http://www.pokerinthepub.ie/ over the next two weeks. or check it out some information at the site: http://ippt.webs.com/

If any clubs/pubs/bars and operator is interested in particapating in our league or if you think you can run a tournament and have what it takes we can supply you with chips, tables, cards etc. Please contact us on Phone: 01-4457302 or Mobile 086-1217281

scan0001.jpgscan0006.jpg

FORMAT OF THE LEAGUE

1. Who is running the event - Poker in the Pub Limited
    2. The purpose of the event – (commercial) The Irish Amateur Poker League.
    3. Date and Location of event - starts from 22nd of September -8th December 2009
    4. Registration and Start time of event - Mostly Reg at 7.30 pm, tournament starts at 8pm.
    5. Any prerequisites- N/A
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number – At the venue, no max.
    7. Type of Tournament – Hold'em No Limit / Double chance.
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc –FREE!
    9. Cost of registration – ONLY €10 league and membership of Irish Amateur Poker Association
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund – €4 added on the night from each entry
    10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments – N/A
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool – €65,000 Prize pool guaranteed including 5 trips to Las Vegas and the winner will receive FREE ENTRY into 2010 WORLD SERIES of POKER all expenses paid plus €10,000
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels – Double Chance freeze out with 2500 chips starting stack plus 2500 chips any time after first hand up to the first break FREE!,
    13. Starting Chips – 2500
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts – 2500 chips any time after first hand up to the first break
    15. Blind levels – to follow, blind levels may be replayed depending on big blind/average stack ratio.
    16. Blind time frames – 15 minutes.
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash – Yes prize on the night at least 3 prizes, 1-3 player qualifiers from each venue to the grand final in Killarney. please see below qualifier structure, Last 10 players receive points, 10th = 1 point, 1th = 10 points and so on
    18. Are there going to be dealers – Dealer at the final table ONLY
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules – Yes, Our House Rules
    20. Is there a tournament director – Yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say - TD
    22. Grand final - The National Event Centre, Killarney on the 5th, 6th, and 7th February 2010

Qualifier structure
    Average number of players in pub
    1-15 players = 1 qualifier
    16-30 players = 2 qualifiers
    31-45 players = 3 qualifiers
    Note: From 12 week league, every 4 weeks new league starts and qualifier will be annouced on our website. http://www.pokerinthepub.ie/

Hope to see everyone come and join us for a crack game of poker in our league in pubs, clubs, bars throughout Republic of Ireland and competing qualify to the Grand final to win amazing prizes at low costs offering.

For more information please contact us.

Best regards,

Jim Smith
    Operation Manager
    086-1217281

Poker in the Pub Ltd.
    bump

I just dont get this. How is it free when you have to pay €10 each night. Now i dont mind paying a tenner but please, dont call it free. Also i checked on website for any Mayo venues but couldnt make head nor tail of it. When you click on any county on the map you are not brought to that county's venues?/ Very poorly laid out imo for anyone trying to find up to date details.

• Advertisement

Rockfish wrote: »
    I just dont get this. How is it free when you have to pay €10 each night. Now i dont mind paying a tenner but please, dont call it free. Also i checked on website for any Mayo venues but couldnt make head nor tail of it. When you click on any county on the map you are not brought to that county's venues?/ Very poorly laid out imo for anyone trying to find up to date details.
    Hi Rockfish,

We have had loads of pubs interrested in this event we are loading them on to our website daily, also mayo 0ds in belmullet has comfirmed more to follow, it costs 10 euro break-down as follows.

1. tournament director 4 euro
    2. 4 euro to prize-pool
    3. 2 euro to the the amateur association with % going to the national childrens hospital.

hope this helps you.

regards,

jim

Hi Rockfish,

We have had loads of pubs interrested in this event we are loading them on to our website daily, also mayo 0ds in belmullet has comfirmed more to follow, it costs 10 euro break-down as follows.

1. tournament director 4 euro
    2. 4 euro to prize-pool
    3. 2 euro to the the amateur association with % going to the national childrens hospital.

hope this helps you.

regards,

jim

I undersatnd all that. it's just calling it free is a bit much imo.

Impossible to find venues in different parts of the country on your website. Seriously, you need to take a look at it from the casual player's perspective.

Belmuulet is an 80 minute drive for me.:mad: Anywhere around Claremorris, kiltimagh, Ballyhaunis???

Tomorrow night venues check our websitehttp://www.pokerinthepub.ie

The Voodoo card club ladies game kicked off last night hosted by willo connolly. this is a part of irish amateur poker league with a guaranteed 65k prize-pool in the final in killarney. so girls no to late to join its only 10 euro entry every thursday and everyone won a prize last night.

Tonight venues check our web-sitewww.pokerinthepub.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested for working as a tournament director for poker in the pub in the cork area. contact info@pokerinthepub.ie. or you can pm me here.

regards,

ippt

Hi guys,

just a quick up-date with the league it is going great guns at the moment with more venues coming on board every day, Cork and Kerry will be launched in the next 10 days, for tonight venues check our web-site http://www.pokerinthepub.ie

regards,

ippt

Hi Everyone,

Last night so the first player to qualify for killarney well done to Joey Berrill who won his seat in barcode dublin. Check our website for venues tonighthttp://www.pokerinthepub.ie

regards,

ippt

Hi new venues starting tonight check our website http://www.pokerinthepub.ie

regards,

ippt

Well done to matt kelly who won his seat to killarney last night, week 4 next week with the second seat up for grabs with any one of 7 players can qualify.

regards,
    ippt

Congrats to Shane Mooney and John Condron who Qualified last night in The Barrow Lodge Portarlington, we wish them the best of luck at the IAPL Final in Killarney, week 5 next week and we start all over again with a lot more players arriving.
    Regards Paddy @ Winstons Poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 THE ANIMAL

well paddy when is the next one starting bud?heard good things about it .

THE ANIMAL wrote: »
    well paddy when is the next one starting bud?heard good things about it .

Hi D, All good things my friend, Yea congrats to John and Shane last week so this Wensday we are starting again from fresh so yeeeeeehaaaaaa everyone can have a good chance, hope to see yer der BUUUUUUD :D
    Regards Paddy @ Winstons Poker

Well done to Colin Lee who won his seat to Killarney last night....

Well done to James Augusta who won his seat to Killarney last nightin the Horse And Hound. check our venues tonight on http://www.pokerinthepub.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement