Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there no mid term break or study week this year?

• 28-09-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭injured365

Government BS.......they said there wasnt enough hours being worked by lecturers so all ITs had to put in more hours

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Grr. I could've done with that week off. Have a few assignments coming up. Not sure how I'm gonna fit study on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Basically the reason why there is no mid term this year boils down to one thing , That the college could no t afford to run staff development weeks due to loss in funding etc. So what they have done is that your year will run right through with the exception of a bank holiday coming up.

Those in DkIT will know that the mid term is actually study week normally this is still the case and lecturers have agreed not to cover any more material in this week only revise what they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

ehm thats not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Sarge wrote: »
    Those in DkIT will know that the mid term is actually study week normally this is still the case and lecturers have agreed not to cover any more material in this week only revise what they have done.

I wish somebody had told my lecturers this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I wish somebody had told my lecturers this....

+1

Advertisement