Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About last night...

• 31-10-2010 8:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Right so. This thread is for any PC COD players out there. Few comments have been left around asking where to go and so on. So since no one has created one, I thought I'd take the bull by the horns and do it myself.

In short this thread is simply for meeting fellow PC players, organizing COD sessions together and talking about all things PC and COD related.

So with that said, I'll leave it for you PC gamers to now step up and get things rolling :)

Ade

Servers listed below -
    Boards.ie + Clans Teamspeak 3 server setup by cherryghost

IP: ts61.gameservers.com
    Port: 9152
    No password

Any clan wishing to add a channel on the server just PM cherryghost(http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=136537) and he'll sort you out.

The latest Teamspeak can be downloaded here
    Thanks Sanjuro, dunno if you remember the Call of Duty 4 launch, it's vaguely similar tbh
    At the moment, /connect does not work, but xfire is getting server join update in the coming days, so you can add favourite IPs to xfire. Steam really should have a join game option though.

List of Irish Black Ops servers

Boards.ie + Clans Teamspeak 3 server
    IP: ts61.gameservers.com
    Port: 9152

Boards.ie Team Deathmatch
    173.199.77.39:3074

The Irish Guard Capture the Flag
    173.199.77.211:3074

Me Inc & pYk Hardcore Team Deathmatch
    173.199.77.81:3074

Lethal Brigade Team Deathmatch
    216.155.140.194:3074

CeLTs
    They have two servers, don't know the IP, look it up on the server browser

The Fighting Irish (TFI)
    They have a Team Deathmatch server and a Search and Destroy server, again I don't have the IP

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cue tumbleweed....

I kid I kid, think it's great that every platform now has a thread.

Happy Hunting PC folk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cue tumbleweed....

You're probably right to be fair. After Activision made an abomination of the COD series, I'd be surprised to see the very people (PC community) who go them to where they are today stick by them. I sure as hell won't be buying any more games in the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Keeeerrrrrrrrwrong!

There are COD PC players, quite a few in TiG, and we play most nights for the lol's. Most of us have COD4 and MW2 and most are buying COD BO. We will have a server from launch date.

We are on TS most nights and have no problem with public players joining in. Do note however that we only play for the lols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

TheFairy wrote: »
    Do note however that we only play for the lols.

Quoted for the absoulute truth :p

people really need to enjoy video games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

just returned to the better platform:p after my xbox crapped itself.Back playing CoD4.Only just getting used to using the keyboard again.

Do TiG have website and/or whats the ip of the servers fairy?

• Advertisement

Dont worry Tallon we do seriously enjoy the beerage and gameage.

Website is http://www.theirishguard.com/smf. PM me if you want an account as registration is locked due to hacking attempts. CODBO server IP will be posted once we have it confirmed by Gameservers.

We would of course rather host the game on our own server in Dublin but thats not possible as we all know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill be buying BO purely because dedicated servers instantly makes it far superior to MW2 plus gaming with TiG is mega LOLS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wish my laptop was capable of running Blops :(

Laptop with 8600Gt should be good for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭trout

TheFairy wrote: »
    Dont worry Tallon we do seriously enjoy the beerage and gameage.

Website is http://www.theirishguard.com/smf. PM me if you want an account as registration is locked due to hacking attempts. CODBO server IP will be posted once we have it confirmed by Gameservers.

PM sent.

Who'd a thunk someone who calls themselves 'TheFairy' ... is only in it for the lols :)

My steam handle is troutlord ... if anyone feels like inviting a fat old PC gamer into a lolfest.

I'm only half decent at MW2 (L48 second prestige) through runnin' & gunnin' ... the lack of dedicated servers and the abusive screaming headset loonies took the fun out of MW2 for me ... but I'm getting excited about BlackOps, and I'm looking to get in with a group of like minded PC buddies.

• Advertisement

trout wrote: »
    PM sent.

Who'd a thunk someone who calls themselves 'TheFairy' ... is only in it for the lols :)

My steam handle is troutlord ... if anyone feels like inviting a fat old PC gamer into a lolfest.

I'm only half decent at MW2 (L48 second prestige) through runnin' & gunnin' ... the lack of dedicated servers and the abusive screaming headset loonies took the fun out of MW2 for me ... but I'm getting excited about BlackOps, and I'm looking to get in with a group of like minded PC buddies.

Well then you've found a home. The old and fat bit fits well with us band of unhealthy gamers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what are the specs needed for Black ops, out of interest

Iv a Dell XPS M1530Laptop with 8600Gt, 4gb ram and intel core 2 duo CPU T8300 @2.40GHZ

Headshot wrote: »
    what are the specs needed for Black ops, out of interest

Iv a Dell XPS M1530Laptop with 8600Gt, 4gb ram and intel core 2 duo CPU T8300 @2.40GHZ

Should be good enough for it. Keeping the lappie cool is a pain though. 2 daughters have those laptops and play Left 4 Dead 2 at full tilt on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iv never played cod multi-player on my laptop before but the dedicated servers is such a trump card

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

To be fair CoD is one of the biggest PC communities in Ireland, most have their own forums, rather than using boards.ie.

Anywho, I'm compiling a list of Irish CoD servers, and a list of confirmed Black Ops servers. Will throw them up eventually :P

On another note, there's a Black Ops LAN Launch for 360 and PC in Athlone on launch night. Anyone interested, PM me. It's private :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Let's just say my friend is giving me his copy, that he doesn't need >_>

My laptop is an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750@ 2.00GHz with 3gb ram. Will this be able to support BO? The dedicated servers is very tempting, plus I've never played with a keyboard/mouse for a FPS so it'll be a challenge:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I should also add that I play CoD2, CoD4 and MW2 every week easily. Black Ops too of course will be on the list.

If anyones interested in getting some mixes in any of those games, fire me up on 'suicidalsid' on steam, or 'cherryghost' on xfire.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Let's just say my friend is giving me his copy, that he doesn't need >_>

My laptop is an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750@ 2.00GHz with 3gb ram. Will this be able to support BO? The dedicated servers is very tempting, plus I've never played with a keyboard/mouse for a FPS so it'll be a challenge:D

What GFX card has it got? 8600gt if your lucky should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
    Apparently. :p

You'll get away with low settings more than likely.

On another note, I've started a Steam community for Irish Black Ops players. Since Black Ops is locked down to Steam only, there'll surely be a join game option for players, so... join in!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

On another note, I've started a Steam community for Irish Black Ops players. Since Black Ops is locked down to Steam only, there'll surely be a join game option for players, so... join in!

Yes! im the first and only member!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

allen175 wrote: »
    Yes! im the first and only member!

And I'm now the sixth. Do I get a prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

Just joined :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
    Apparently. :p

Doubtful. It says the min spec is a 8600GT 256MB.

Even if you got it running, it'd run fairly awful. Had a laptop with 8400M GT (faster than the GS) years ago and COD4 ran like crap.

Doubtful. It says the min spec is a 8600GT 256MB.

Even if you got it running, it'd run fairly awful. Had a laptop with 8400M GT (faster than the GS) years ago and COD4 ran like crap.

Minumum spec on COD4/MW2 was a 6600GT and I got them running on a 5700FX :P Just needs tweaking, I'm sure it will run at least 30fps on lowest settings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'll join, gonna be playing BO a crap load so would be nice to play with people rather than complete randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Signed up too (HotChilli) can't wait

anyone up for WaW zombies?

allen175 wrote: »
    anyone up for WaW zombies?

That was fun :P

• Advertisement

That was fun :P

we need more people! we should do a night of it! :p

EDIT: We could maybe do it in the hours leading up to the release of black ops? get everyone in the mood.

Advertisement