Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JWshooter

• 29-01-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you all that JW left this world yesterday.

Some of you may only remember him from his passionate (sometimes over-passionate!) contributions to these forums; others from his fantastic exploits down through the years as the finest clay pigeon shot this country produced; others from his exploits as an expert and master deer stalker.

I will choose to remember him as a great friend, I will miss his steadfastness, his assuredness in his views, his confidence, his drive and enthusiasm.

One thing is for sure, the world will be a duller place without him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I didn't know the chap personnaly, i'm shocked, may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

RIP. i enjoyed reading his posts. sad loss to shooting community

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭patsat

RIP. Never knew the man apart from on boards but had great respect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

RIP. Helped me get into stalking and was an absolute gentleman any time I spoke to him. A huge loss to Irish shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Well put Jack,

God rest ya John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

holy ****
    never knew him or met him
    always enjoyed reading what he had to say
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

I shot with John many times on the Sporting circuit, an excellent shot and he illuminated this forum.

Rest in Reace John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

May he rest in peace and our condolences to his family, a hugh loss of experience to Irish stalking and deer management.
    Prior to that he was a huge loss to this site!, I always enjoyed his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

rip

i think most on here will have recieved info from jwshooter at som point..

He was a gent, and knew his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

RIP John

Will be missed by all

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's no secret that jw and I didn't get on well, but when he posted here about what he knew, you knew he knew what he was talking about, and I enjoyed reading those posts immensely. Terrible loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

RIP JW, thoughts go out to his loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

He will be sadly missed . RIP JOHN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I have to say he brought a bit of Excitment to any tread he commented on and I always enjoyed reading his posts.
    He will be missed. My thoughts are with his family now.

Rest in piece. Jw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

As always John was good with his information and his posts here on the forum were colourful. I had the pleasure of talking with John many times about shooting maters.

My thoughts are with his family.

May you truly rest in Peace John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

RIP JW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I spoke to him on the phone a few times.

Never met him in person.

I had some craic with him winding up a certain Mod here :D

His posts were sometimes controversial BUT were always infromative on deer stalking.

Sad news.

Hopefully he'll still be hunting wherever he's gone ...................

RIP

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Sad news alright, i didnt know him personally but i enjoyed his posts,on here and another forum the last few years, to a novice like myself his posts were always very helpfull and when not, usually funny! He had a great sense of humour id say. No doubt he'l be missed by his community and the hunting circle, ligh do scíth a chara, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

R.I.P John,lovely fella was on a lease with him a few years back very passionate about his hunting he will be sadly missed R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

RIP JW,
    Got me my first infraction here did John :), got to know him over the phone, always good for a sneer.
    Thoughts are with his family

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RIP

I knew him only from the cycling forum here but he was as passionate there as anyone.

As he was a big Lance Armstrong fan here's a quote for him

"[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]At the end of the day, if there was indeed some Body or presence standing there to judge me, I hoped I would be judged on whether I had lived a true life, not on whether I believed in a certain book, or whether I'd been baptised. If there was indeed a God at the end of my days, I hoped he didn't say, But you were never a Christian, so you're going the other way from heaven. If so, I was going to reply, You know what? You're right. Fine."[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭underthetumb

didnt know the man, only through his posts here, as a newbie to the deer stalking game, i found he was very helpful an informative, and to the point.
    may you rest in peace jw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

I'm truly shocked and saddened by the news of John's passing.

Whilst I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, our paths crossed on this forum and I knew him by reputation - From all accounts, the man was a bit of a legend in his own lifetime. Certainly, the world is a far less interesting place now that John has passed on.

Knowing of John's great love of hunting, nature, and the mountains in which he spent so much time, perhaps these thoughts may be pertinent:
    If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water, how can you buy them?

Every part of this earth is sacred....Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every clearing and humming insect is holy in the memory and experience of my people. The sap which courses through the trees carries the memories of...man.

Our dead never forget this beautiful earth. We are part of the earth and it is part of us. The perfumed flowers are our sisters; the deer, the horse, the great eagle, these are our brothers. The rocky crests, the juices in the meadows, the body heat of the pony, and man --- all belong to the same family.

May he rest in peace. My deepest sympathies and condolences to all his family and friends. He'll be missed.

dC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

i never met the man but i admired the bloke cos he had the courage of his convictions and spoke his mind and took no crap good qualities in my book and was very very passionate about his deer stalking
    R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

patsat wrote: »
    RIP. Never knew the man apart from on boards but had great respect for him.

Same here R I P

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

One thing is for sure, the world will be a duller place without him.

well said.

RIP JW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I never knew the chap but admired him for his passion about the subjects he loved. He will be missed

Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Advertisement