Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISENSE UCI Blanchardstown

Options
  • 19-04-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Folks

Has anyone gone to the ISENSE in UCI Blanch , booked tickets to see Battleship on Monday on line and only found out about the new ISENSE . Is it worth the extra dosh ?????

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I haven't heard much about the one in Blanch, but there's loads of discussion about the iSense in Point Village here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056591496

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Resurrecting this thread as the thread above doesn't really contain information on the Blanchardstown Odeon Isense

I wonder can anyone who has gone to it provide some feedback regarding the seating? Is there a poor gradient like in Point village? General information would be great as I'm deciding where to see the Hobbit.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

One thing I dislike about iSense in Blanchardstown is the lights been left on :(

Don't know if its the same for Point Village but it does my head in :)

Thanks, I did see some mention of this on their Facebook alright, but it appears that it's not always the case. I would be straight out to them to get them to dim further/switch em off.

Did you find there was an issue with not seeing the bottom of the screen?

JTER wrote: »
    Thanks, I did see some mention of this on their Facebook alright, but it appears that it's not always the case. I would be straight out to them to get them to dim further/switch em off.

Did you find there was an issue with not seeing the bottom of the screen?

Found it fine to see the screen :D

And yes I did go out and asked them to lower the lights.

For Health and Safety they need them left on. As there is no strip lighting on the steps for each row :eek:

Other than that I find it okish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One thing I dislike about iSense in Blanchardstown is the lights been left on :(

Wait, what? That's absolutely ridiculous.

The untiered seating arrangements of Odeon cinemas are enough to keep me away. Not killing the lights? Wow.

Wait, what? That's absolutely ridiculous.

The untiered seating arrangements of Odeon cinemas are enough to keep me away. Not killing the lights? Wow.

Yea ive only been to two iSense Showings both I didnt pay for and won't pay.

Hoping Liemax in Cineworld will be best in Dublin :D

Thanks for the advice guys. It certainly is ridiculous that there is no strip of lighting, although I wonder whether it would be needed for the Hobbit as it is generally a bright film , say unlike Prometheus / TDKR.

Looks like I will be looking elsewhere!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume those are the cleaning lights they are leaving on. Pretty ridiculous given the price you are paying. I've been in plenty of cinemas without a light strip on the floor/stairs. A exit sign should be enough.

iSense by most accounts is pretty crap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

If there's no strip lighting people should be encouraged to use the loo before the film and to sit quietly in their damn seat during the film. This alleviates the need to have the lights on :p

• Advertisement

If there's no strip lighting people should be encouraged to use the loo before the film and to sit quietly in their damn seat during the film. This alleviates the need to have the lights on :p

Failing that, they should provide a colostomy bag with the glasses !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gotta say that I saw the Dark Knight Rises in the ISENSE UCI in Blanch and while the screen is great, the fact that they left the lights on drove me mad. There was plenty of grumbling from people around me too as it was very distracting.

I assumed that it was just a mistake. Never occurred to me that it would be health and safety. Wont be paying extra to watch a movie with the lights on in future. Ridiculous. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

I complained by email about the lights and got free tickets when I went to batman.

It definitely ruined my viewing. I have been back since and the lights are still on but dimmed down. They have a good facebook page where they respond publicly.

The one at the O2 is much better but that is probably due to the lack of people there.

So I saw 7 Psychopaths yesterday in iSense in Blanch. Its been a good 4 months since I was last in Screen 1. The lights have been dimmed alot more but they are still on. So you are not in total darkness. I then went to the lighthouse to catch Argo again. And I have to say I think the lighthouse projection was much better and it was 35mm film. Digital is not always best :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And I have to say I think the lighthouse projection was much better and it was 35mm film. Digital is not always best :P

Is that a definite? Argo is graded to specifically look like 35mm (grain, cigarette burns etc...), but every film I've been to see in the Lighthouse has been digital. Still, probably the nicest cinema of them all.

Is that a definite? Argo is graded to specifically look like 35mm (grain, cigarette burns etc...), but every film I've been to see in the Lighthouse has been digital. Still, probably the nicest cinema of them all.

Well then maybe not but should you be able to hear the projector ticking along ? :D was squeaking a lot was driving me mad and then it seemed to stop. Either way - best cinema in Dublin by far!!

Advertisement