Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end of a beautiful mind, John Nash and wife die in car crash.

Options

Comments

kjl wrote: »
    http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2015/05/famed_a_beautiful_mind_mathematician_wife_killed_in_taxi_crash_police_say.html

Very sad, a wonderful man who changed the face of modern economics and basically invented game theory despite having a very severe case of schizophrenia.

Horrible way to go.

Very very sad. An amazing man by all accounts. I dont think a film could ever quite capture his uniquety and it was his very brilliance that went hand in hand with his vulnerability. I think thats what made him such a fascintating man

What else could you pay tribute to him with - a beautiful piece of music for a beautiful mind

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The couple was ejected from the car, Williams said.

"It doesn't appear that they were wearing seatbelts," he said.

For such an intelligent person that was pretty fcuking stupid.

The people in the other car survived because they were wearing theirs

For such an intelligent person that was pretty fcuking stupid.

The people in the other car survived because they were wearing theirs

True but since himself or the wife are no spring chickens at this stage they could be suffering a form dementia or absent mindedness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Don't know who they are or were now, ah well I won't be letting it bother me :)

Sam Kade wrote: »

Although probably over dramatised like many Hollywood biopics, the excellent 'A Beautiful Mind' is well worth a watch if you wanted a basis to learn about JF Nash on. Its shown almost through the mind, and the perspective of Nash himself who is played by Crowe....and it has the extremely hot Jennifer Connolly. Oh and did i mention Jennifer Connolly is in it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Had no knowledge of the man before that film but it is a fantastic film. Very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

True but since himself or the wife are no spring chickens at this stage they could be suffering a form dementia or absent mindedness
    A pensioner's dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

mickdw wrote: »
    Had no knowledge of the man before that film but it is a fantastic film. Very interesting.

Likewise. I think it was Russell Crowe's best work to date. Despite Nash's debilitating struggles with mental illness he leaves behind a proud legacy.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

kjl wrote: »
    http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2015/05/famed_a_beautiful_mind_mathematician_wife_killed_in_taxi_crash_police_say.html

Very sad, a wonderful man who changed the face of modern economics and basically invented game theory despite having a very severe case of schizophrenia.

Horrible way to go.

I could only dream of having a seat at the opera that was his mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

What are the odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You're a rather obnoxious little shit, aren't you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

I have a lot of respect for him, he had schizophrenia as well i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I have a lot of respect for him, he had schizophrenia as well i believe.

Yup, and is the only winner of both a Nobel Prize and an Abel Prize (probably the Mathematics equivalent of a Nobel).

He was presented with his Abel prize in Norway on Tuesday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I've only gone to two films in the last twenty years: A Beautiful Mind; The Imitation Game.
    Rest In Peace. You did something useful when you were here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Ficheall wrote: »
    My apologies if I offended you :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ficheall wrote: »

Mod: Attack the post, not the poster

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

My apologies if I offended you :rolleyes:

You offend intelligence itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Sad to read that he abandoned the mother of his first son (and the baby) because he felt she was beneath him socially. Never meet your heroes.

Advertisement