Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

akai 40 inch led smart tv wifi connection issue

Options
  • 11-08-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

so i got a new akai smart tv , having trouble with the smart part.

when i scan for wireless networks it doesnt pick up any. the manual that came with it is poor, very little info.

anybody have any experience with these tvs ? it was a wireless reciever built in going by the book.

if anyone has one id love to know what they did

cant see a model no, all is in the book is that its a 40 inch led fhd smart tv.

product no, 10096257

sound!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Don't know your specific model, but I've heard of TVs that can't handle long or complicated wireless network names / passwords. For a test, I would see if I got a connection with the simplest possible setup: name "test", no password, no security - and ramp it up from there.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sebanwo

bnt wrote: »
    Don't know your specific model, but I've heard of TVs that can't handle long or complicated wireless network names / passwords. For a test, I would see if I got a connection with the simplest possible setup: name "test", no password, no security - and ramp it up from there.

I can help U out

Mod:
    [snip] Aside from it being risky just putting your phone number up on the internet there is no advertising allowed on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Moved forum

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sebanwo

lexus wrote: »
    so i got a new akai smart tv , having trouble with the smart part.

when i scan for wireless networks it doesnt pick up any. the manual that came with it is poor, very little info.

anybody have any experience with these tvs ? it was a wireless reciever built in going by the book.

if anyone has one id love to know what they did

cant see a model no, all is in the book is that its a 40 inch led fhd smart tv.

product no, 10096257

sound!

If U have wireless at home

click menu on remote / settings /network settings

in wireless click Ok if status says disconnected

find Ur network

add password

wait up to 1min till green arrow will show in top left corner of the screen and than press exit ,back or return button to exit from menu

press Internet on remote to access smart tv features

If U have Lane cable only

switch on TV ..
    connect LAN lead
    wait 1min -GREEN ARROW
    exit

press Internet button on remote
    (globe)

enjoy smart features

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Duffyxsi

Also having problem with my akai. Have it 2 weeks and the past 2 days I keep gettig a message on the screen sayin wifi dongle remover or wifi dongle detected. I can connect to the wifi at all in my home. Only started happening yesterday and is in the middle of the tv on an off every couple of seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Julieann1234

Hi having same problem keeps coming up on my screen wifi dongle detected and then removed it keeps flashing every few seconds anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 patthe builder

hi i also have that problem wifi dongle removed wifi dongle detected flashing in the middle of the screen every couple of seconds mine is a 49 inch akai smart tv need help

Advertisement