Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

• 15-12-2017 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it to early? Nah :)

Early rumours and speculation

Emre Can to sign pre-transfer agreement with Juventus
    Griezmann free to leave at the right price sez Simeone
    Michy Batshuayi as makeweight in Thomas Lemar deal (yeah right)
    Ross Barkley to leave Everton
    Van Dijk or Inigo Martinez for Man City

Liverpool really need to get a CB in and City turning up right now is very unhelpful! Soton would surely sell to the Sheiks first. Can to Juve is expected so no news there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd be happy if Chelsea went after Mahrez and didnt go after Barkley, given his injury and the fact he has only 6 months left on his deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

N'Zonzi to Arsenal and Ozil to United been going around for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Mahrez to somewhere surely. Wenger is probably the worst manager for him so for his sake that would be a bad move. He needs someone who'll be tough on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man City sign Jesús Medina in principle - he's going to be farmed out to one of their satellite clubs though. Two Jesus's on the books would be confusing - though maybe they could dub him Brian.

Liverpool to move for Lemar?

Is Miguel Delaney reliable?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-thomas-lemar-favours-arsenal-latest-rumours-updates-live-monaco-a8120436.html
    Liverpool will go in for Monaco's £90m-rated Thomas Lemar in January, as they attempt to bolster their Champions League chances, and beat Arsenal to the French international's signature

Jürgen Klopp has a longstanding interest in the 22-year-old forward, and the belief at Anfield is that his first choice is Liverpool, even though Arsenal came close to signing him in August.

Arsene Wenger was looking to sign an attacker as a potential replacement for Alexis Sanchez, but the deal fell down, partly due to Lemar's desire to play Champions League football.

Liverpool could be in a broadly similar situation as they anticipate Barcelona coming back for Philippe Coutinho, although there is more to their interest in Lemar than that.

While the club do not want to be in a situation where any sale leaves them short of options, Lemar is targeted as someone to give Klopp even more attacking variety and create what may well be one of the fastest attacking line-ups in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think with all 5 teams through to CL Knockouts there will be more business than usual.

Clubs will try get the best players from outside the top 6.

No chance Liverpool will pay 90m for Lemar even with Coutinho money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool will go in for Monaco's £90m-rated Thomas Lemar in January, as they attempt to bolster their Champions League chances

From the very first line in that piece and considering he will be cup tied I call bull sh1t on Delaney knowing what he is talking about on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mooooooooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr forwards!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spose if we can score 10 a game , it should be won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

From the very first line in that piece and considering he will be cup tied I call bull sh1t on Delaney knowing what he is talking about on this one.

Think he is talking about qualifying for next season.. Miguel is hit and miss tbh, but he does have connections and sources though they are mainly United connections

I'd imagine Liverpool would be buying Lemar to push and cement their place in the top 4.

The best non-CL cup tied players to go for right now in England are probably Sanchez or Mahrez but Arsenal wont sell Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Should be busy as certain players try to get moves to secure WC spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd imagine Liverpool would be buying Lemar to push and cement their place in the top 4.

The best non-CL cup tied players to go for right now in England are probably Sanchez or Mahrez but Arsenal wont sell Sanchez.

Can Sanchez play in CL,IS THE LAW 1 CLUB PER SEASON IN EUROPE?

As far as I know, you're only cup tied for the competition you've played in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Teams can register one extra player for the knockout stages barring they have not played in the competition for another team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Is he going to leave Arsenal now? Would have thought that he'd wait for his contract to run out.

Javier Pastore on the move in January maybe

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/943567247154581506

Gon on Jurgen, one more no 10 can't hurt. ;)

Javier Pastore on the move in January maybe

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/943567247154581506

Gon on Jurgen, one more no 10 can't hurt. ;)
    Where too? Any good?

I dunno if Pastore is very good any more, he was highly sought when he moved to PSG but as with a few others there, has been essentially a posh squad player for a few years now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd be surprised if PSG let Pastore go. He hasn't been a starter but he provides a useful option if they need a goal. I don't know who would fill that role if they let him go unless they have a new signing lined up. He's played well in recent weeks.

For me the Ligue 1 talent to go all out for right now is Malcom. He's been fantastic for Bordeaux and already has two goal of the season contenders. He's a gamble at the age of 20 but he impressed last season too and has progressed further this season. I remember he gave a good account of himself away to PSG a few months back. I would say the best right-sided attacking players in Ligue 1 this season have been Mbappe, Thauvin and Malcom. I don't think Malcom would be cup tied either for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Mahrez to somewhere surely. Wenger is probably the worst manager for him so for his sake that would be a bad move. He needs someone who'll be tough on him.

Puel is not a tough manger and he's doing well under him. He needs a manager who tells him how great he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bayern Munich have signed Wagner from Hoffenheim for 13 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd be surprised if PSG let Pastore go. He hasn't been a starter but he provides a useful option if they need a goal. I don't know who would fill that role if they let him go unless they have a new signing lined up. He's played well in recent weeks.

For me the Ligue 1 talent to go all out for right now is Malcom. He's been fantastic for Bordeaux and already has two goal of the season contenders. He's a gamble at the age of 20 but he impressed last season too and has progressed further this season. I remember he gave a good account of himself away to PSG a few months back. I would say the best right-sided attacking players in Ligue 1 this season have been Mbappe, Thauvin and Malcom. I don't think Malcom would be cup tied either for Europe.

They probably have to sell with FFP.

But Guedes looks to be joining Valencia for 35m & Lucas off to China.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bayern Munich have signed Wagner from Hoffenheim for 13 million

BM are nothing if not predictable. Spot the talent that a potential rival side needs the most to thrive and then buy him. edit - he's only scored 4 times this season. So that point doesn't really hold water.

re PSG selling Pastore- they want Lassana Diarra so it looks like a book balancing exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sanchez was in Paris - talk that he may sign for PSG. He would be a more than adequate replacement for Pastore and he won't be a great loss for Arsenal at the moment.

N'Zonzi was in London and talk that Arsenal/Everton are interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

MagicIRL wrote: »
    N'Zonzi to Arsenal and Ozil to United been going around for a while now.

Ozil defintely won't leave in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

greendom wrote: »
    Sanchez was in Paris - talk that he may sign for PSG. He would be a more than adequate replacement for Pastore and he won't be a great loss for Arsenal at the moment.

N'Zonzi was in London and talk that Arsenal/Everton are interested

Best case scenario for Arsenal is selling Sanchez to PSG. He is done at Arsenal now and I could stomach that. Worst case scenario is him signing for a free to another premier league side.

Best case scenario for Arsenal is selling Sanchez to PSG. He is done at Arsenal now and I could stomach that. Worst case scenario is him signing for a free to another premier league side.

I can see him going abroad at this stage and with no WC to worry about for Chile, he can either burst his bo**ocks and push Arsenal on and have a rest over the summer or coast it until May with nothing in the summer to be ready for.

Given his usual attitude on the pitch, I cant see him winding down and seeing out his deal, plodding along waiting for the move to Europe.

Grauniad report Man Utd are after Ryan Sessegnon for 25m.

Virgil Van Dijk reportedly to Liverpool rather than City/Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Moussa Dembele to Brighton for 18m agreed.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/945232700516044800

Interesting move for someone highly rated, certainly he is what the Seagulls need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Who makes transfer bids on Christmas Day!!!

No one else was paying attention!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Seems SSN didnt check their sources

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Virgil Van Dijk reportedly to Liverpool rather than City/Chelsea.

Come in be a hero or join a squad where he might not even start. I like his ambition if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

irishman86 wrote: »
    Come in be a hero or join a squad where he might not even start. I like his ambition if that's the case

Or he could show ambition and fight for a place in the best team in England?

• Advertisement

Or he could show ambition and fight for a place in the best team in England?

Like all the players who go there to sit on the bench and pick up a wage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Like all the players who go there to sit on the bench and pick up a wage.

Quite different in VVD's case though. City aren't in such a bad way defensively that they would need him to start immediately. He'll get a few sub appearances in the league and a few starts in the cups to get him up to speed, especially as he's been out of the Southampton squad off and on this season. I would think Guariola is signing him to be a first team starter before the end of the season. He should usurp either Stones or, more likely, Otamendi, within a couple of months.

He's not another English grown player which City are using to pad out their squad. For £60/70 million, playing in a position which City are not overly great in (as opposed to up front), he'll surely be starting once settled.

I still hope he goes to LFC, of course.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Quite different in VVD's case though. City aren't in such a bad way defensively that they would need him to start immediately. He'll get a few sub appearances in the league and a few starts in the cups to get him up to speed, especially as he's been out of the Southampton squad off and on this season. I would think Guariola is signing him to be a first team starter before the end of the season. He should usurp either Stones or, more likely, Otamendi, within a couple of months.

He's not another English grown player which City are using to pad out their squad. For £60/70 million, playing in a position which City are not overly great in (as opposed to up front), he'll surely be starting once settled.

I still hope he goes to LFC, of course.
    Why do people dislike Otamendi, hes Citys best defender
    Dropping him for VVD is madness
    Well Mangala is a bench player and he cost a fortune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Why do people dislike Otamendi, hes Citys best defender
    Dropping him for VVD is madness
    Well Mangala is a bench player and he cost a fortune

I like Otamendi too, but he can be improved upon, just like Stones. Either player could lose their place. VVD hasn't been pulling up trees this season, as he obviously wants out, but last season I didn't see him put a foot wrong.

It's also feasible that Guardiola wants to rotate all 3 as equals, for want of a better word. The question is who would start the CL final, should City get there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, Otamendi is a good defender, and I think that's who VVD would be in competition with. However, for a side like City, they only really have Otamendi and Stones. Kompany can't be relied on to stay fit and Mangala hasn't been good enough, so it's not a bad move for VVD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

VVD to Liverpool for £75m according to Ducker from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

There is overpaying, and then there is that, wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Lukker- wrote: »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

And they still need a goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lukker- wrote: »

That is crazy money. Imagine what a decent defender would go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

eh i dunno wrote: »

Are there any really top class ones available though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

eh i dunno wrote: »

And suddenly no one rated van Dijk anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Nice bit of business for Celtic with VVD, they will get £7m-£9m if the sale to Liverpool is true :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Van Dijk 75million pounds...... They may be a feeder club but they are at least doing the pounding this time, not a hint if lube being used either lmfao

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Great to be able to drop 75m on a defender.

I'd say the 5 sides left in the CL will be trying to add non cup tied CL players.

If Pool can get top 4 again the 75m isn't all that bad. They can score for fun but can't keep goals out at all.

Van Dijk 75million pounds...... They may be a feeder club but they are at least doing the pounding this time, not a hint if lube being used either lmfao

He's had an absolutely bang average season so far too. Spending it moaning on the bench now.
    Certainly a sore pounding for Liverpool I agree

• Advertisement
Advertisement