Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition

Options
  • 26-08-2018 8:47am

Since August 21, 2016, the game of Werewolf has been played on Boards. Two years have passed almost exactly to the day…

Quickbeam, Stu Redman and Necrominus have stolen the literary master of horror Stephen King and his works, and proudly bring to you:

Werewolf: The Stephen King Multiverse Edition.

stephen_king_book_header.jpg

It is August 2018. Randall Flagg has returned and brought with him four of the most psychotic villains from the visionary mind of Stephen King. It is their intention to take control and wreak havoc upon the Multiverse.

stephen_king_villains_by_edgarpadilla-d7pcld5.jpg

A gunslinger, a rebellious teenager, one of the Breakers, amongst a band of others, all rise up and force the frightening fivesome into combat to end their existence once and for all.

The final battlefield will be Derry, Maine.

That's not all they have to contend with though. Worryingly, there are also rumblings in the sewers....

penniwyse-gif.gif

IT - aka Pennywise The Dancing Clown, thought defeated and destroyed forever, has returned. This supremely malevolent being strikes fear into the very heart of the peaceful town of Derry.

A mystical time-traveler has used his powers to go back in time to 1967 and return with seven children who have faced the terrifying creature before. They will join forces with the other honest powers and Stand against the forces of evil, for they have no choice.

In the meantime, to make matters worse, a mysterious Dome has descended around the town of Derry, and nobody can get in...or out.

DomeBar640.jpg

It is in here the battle for control of the Multiverse will now begin.

Allow us to introduce to you the main characters...

The Forces of Good:

Ted Brautigan (Hearts in Atlantis, The Dark Tower): The Breaker. Seer with a peek each night after the lynch that will reveal to him a player’s role.

Fr. Callahan (Salem’s Lot, The Dark Tower): Priest who will receive the full role of all dead players in the game.

John Coffey (The Green Mile): The Psychic Bodyguard: Each night he can use his psychic abilities to protect a player of his choosing from wolf or SK munch. He cannot protect the same player on two consecutive nights, and cannot protect himself. However, John is a big man and it will take a massive amount of effort by the wolves to make him walk the Green Mile….

Roland of Gilead (The Dark Tower): The Last Gunslinger: Vigilante with a bullet for use each cycle ie; munch to munch.

Alan Pangborn (The Dark Half, Needful Things): Town Detective: Each night can select a pair of players from the game to determine if they're on the same team.

Andy Dufresne (The Shawshank Redemption): The Lynch Auditor: Three times in the game, Andy will be able to run the numbers and check a lynched player for whether a baddie voted for them or not.

Carrie White (Carrie): Should Carrie be killed by any means, she will have her revenge….

Jake Epping (11/22/63): The Time Traveller: His decisions will have a positive… AND a negative impact on the village should he decide to involve himself.

The Losers Club (IT):

including...

Bill Denborough & Beverley Marsh: The childhood sweethearts who share a room from the beginning of the game. Whatever happens in there is entirely up to them.

Stan Uris: The SK Finder: Fearful of the horrors of the past, Stan is connected to the SK like no one else. Can peek a player each night and discover if they are a member of Team SK.

Though the Losers Club are strong of will and character, one of the seven just cannot face the thoughts of a life fighting IT over and over again. In such a scenario, dreadful consequences may unfold.

The Harbingers of Doom: (Picture may not be representative of actual evil team)

8b7019cb-d5dd-468b-b205-834d7a3178f6_560_420.jpg

The Ultimate Serial Killer:

Pennywise, The Dancing Clown (IT) - Psychotic shapeshifter with two lives who will stop at nothing to take down the Losers Club and anything in IT’s path in order to win. And IT does not work alone….

Henry Bowers (IT): The Emissary: Henry Bowers is enthralled by the power offered by IT. As such, he will act in IT’s name in order to help IT search out and destroy the members of The Losers Club.

Team Flagg:

Randall Flagg (The Stand, Eyes of The Dragon, The Dark Tower): The Walkin’ Dude: Flagg as leader of the wolves will morph into his crow form and avoid a kill the first time he is targeted.

Kurt Barlow (Salem's Lot): The Vampire Priest: Kurt Barlow has teamed up with Flagg to join in his twisted quest for victory. Barlow will receive the roles of all those his team murder.

Annie Wilkes (Misery): Determined to inflict Misery upon the village, and in particular her one true obsession. If Annie’s team is successful in taking them down, they will gain an extra kill.

Leland Gaunt (Needful Things): Twisted and deranged owner of Needful Things. Gaunt can use his bag of tricks once every second night to peek into the very soul of the player of his choice....

Cujo (Cujo) The Demon Dog: Crazed and rabid - but under Flagg's control, this once lovable St. Bernard now strikes fear into the hearts of all those who would dare face him. Cujo's vicious bite will send anyone he targets to the hospital each night for the cure for the horrible disease, blocking any actions they may have.

A warning to all residents of the Multiverse: Jack Torrance, our once-friendly neighborhood hatchet man, is on the prowl. Because of this, we implore you to post at least 5 times per day or face his wrath.

On Thread Competition:

Also within the Multiverse are the presence of the Four Spheres of Power, detailed below. At various times throughout the game, players of all alignments will have the opportunity to try and win one of these spheres, but beware… they all carry various consequences;

Crimson - Grants the user a one-off bullet kill. However, upon use they will be barred from any backroom they dwell in for 24 hours. Any decisions they may need to make there are included in that ban.

Azure - This Sphere offers the user a one-off bodyguard protection to place on any other player. However, upon using the Azure Sphere, the user themselves will be unable to take protection from the village bodyguard John Coffey for 24 hours.

Pink - Also known as The Pink Bend, Maerlyn's Grapefruit, its location in the Multiverse was unknown for centuries until showing up in our world here. Use of The Pink Bend will numb any power your target has for 24 hours. 'Power' does not include lynch votes, munch requests or SK kills, as they are a duty. If your target has no power, the Pink Sphere still must get its fill; It will turn back on the user in this case. If neither the user or target have a power, the Sphere will target the next person alphabetically to the original target.

Black - More commonly and dreadfully known as Black Thirteen. The Sphere is said to represent the Dark Tower itself. Use of Black Thirteen will grant the user immunity from death for an entire phase. However, the ferryman must have his price and following this immunity the sphere will return to consume the doomed soul of another selected player.

Use of the Spheres is not optional. There will be a time limit assigned to the use of each one.

RULES

NB. If you're a regular player some of these rules may sound familiar to you, but please do not just skim past. There is new stuff in here too, so please read carefully and ensure you understand.

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM Necro, Quickbeam or Stu Redman and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted. Players are also reminded that the backrooms provided are a part of the game too. No editing or deleting of posts in any fashion is permitted.

3. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. Jack Torrance will also kill off inactive players at his discretion. Players are expected to adhere to a minimum of 5 posts per phase (munch to munch) or face his wrath. Substitutes will be subbed in where available.

4. Game schedule: Game starts with a slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Monday morning. Slaughters will be revealed at 10am, lynch votes will be revealed at 9pm. Please Note: There will be NO speed mode activated in this game, the intention is to play the game out in its entirety, as it was meant to be played. Mods will discuss a possible thread closure/slowing down over the weekend if the game is still going on Friday.

5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Any missed votes will result in a visit from Jack Torrance.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.

7. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. Please PM the mods for access, although we will endeavour to have it arranged automatically upon your death. The Purgatory Thread will be locked for the duration of this game, so if you do not have immediate access, please PM Necro, quickbeam or Stu Redman. As you know, times of death in the game are busy times for game mods so please allow up to 30 minutes before contacting a mod if you do not have access.

8. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

9. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in the Stephen King multiverse and players are encouraged to get on board with the theme. The mods will include Stephen King themes in posts, but all content should be read as flavour only and no specific information should be assumed beyond fate(s) of the player(s) in question. You don't need to reveal your character, but refrain from talking about real life or the world outside during the game. THERE ARE NO TASKS, so feel free to have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. ALL players have been provided with a backroom for their musings.

10. In it to win it: Please play in the interests of the team you are representing at all times.

11. Win Conditions:

SK Win - Eliminate all seven members of the Losers Club AND gain parity with all other teams.
    Addendum: Should a scenario arise where a Losers Club member and a member of team SK be the final two players, the win will be awarded to the SK. The same circumstances will apply should Team SK reach parity with two Losers alive, or a villager and a Loser - as long as there are no other teams still alive.
    Wolf Win - The Wolves gain parity with the village AND eliminate the other evil teams.
    Village Win - All Wolf and SK teams are exterminated.

There are no joint winning conditions. Do not get too concerned with them as players, the mods would like to assure all players that every contingency has been discussed.

In order to allow full immersion for all the players, a number of methods have been provided to prevent a mass reveal. One of these that the mods will reveal is the wording of the NRV PM, quoted below.

Dear Player,

Welcome to Werewolf: The Stephen King Edition.

You have been assigned the role of (character name) - citizen of Derry (NRV)

You must band together with your fellow villagers and flush out and destroy the evil lurking within the town of Derry.

For your convenience we have provided you with a back room where you can put together your thoughts, if you wish.

(Link to COP)

Your username is: (character name)
    Your password is: (password)

As part of your duties you will also have to vote in the lynch each evening.

The lynch form link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/0THvVQd6MEGsJKDW2
    Your password is: (password)

As you know, this game is an anonymous game, and as such - here are your login details:

Username: Necro WW
    Password: necrorules

Go forth, and enjoy the game.
    Regards,
    The Mods.
    Lynch form: https://goo.gl/forms/0THvVQd6MEGsJKDW2

List of anon Accounts in the game:

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Fiona WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Katie WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Orla WW
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Frank WW
    Oisin WW
    Phil WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

PLEASE NO POSTING UNTIL WE SAY THE GAME IS OPEN.

Good luck!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Game summary

[Here be a summary of the main event of the game for easy reference]

Monday 27th August:
    10:00 - Winifred WW and Holly WW are munched
    21:00 - Tegan WW is lynched

Tuesday 28th August:
    10:00 - Derry WW and Orla WW are munched
    11:20 - Desmond WW killed by Crimson Sphere
    21:01 - Katie WW is lynched

Wednesday 29th August:
    10:00 - Steve WW and Abigail WW are munched; Conor WW is mod-killed
    21:00 - Nigel WW is lynched; Oisin WW is killed

Thursday 30th August:
    10:00 - Gabriel WW is munched
    21:00 - Ewa WW is lynched

Friday 31st August:
    10:01 - Doris WW is munched
    14:40 - Gertrude WW killed by Black Sphere
    21:00 - Angus WW is lynched

Sunday 2nd September:
    10:00 - Wendy WW is munched
    21:00 - Vernon WW is lynched

Monday 3rd September:
    10:00 - Mary WW is munched
    21:05 - Fiona WW survives a lynch

Tuesday 4th September:
    10:00 - Liam WW is munched
    21:00 - Frank WW is munched

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

Game is now live... let the mayhem begin.

Anyone not having yet received their PM please let us know... via PM of course.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

2glka0.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Wow this looks great guys, really excited about this game.

I think I am taking a "shining" to it already :pac:

Just ignore me... "Carrie" on

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Wendy reporting for duty. Just noticed that poor Wendy has no avatar so I'm off to remedy that first and foremost.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

"Cujo" keep it down? I was trying to have a lie-in to catch up on all the sleep what I "Mist".
    Right, I'll post again later, first I have to drive to Old Bawn and Jobstown to meet a guy. That's right, it's the 'Tallaghts Man'.

I'll get me coat.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ah that's better. Going for the US Wendy's fast food thing as I couldn't find a Wendy Darling avatar.

I feel like a lot of these Stephen King references are going to go over my head. Ah well. We'll muddle through.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

1030 on a Sunday and already my work week is ruined :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Morning all. So I'm Derry. Living in Derry. Because the game set up wasn't complicated to begin with.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Hhhmmm, Grocery shopping to do. Attend my nephews first birthday which bt looks of the day will involve 40 adults and kids cooped up in a couple of rooms looking out at a wet bounce castle. Spend quality time with wife and kids.
    I'm sure I can squeeze some time in for this thread during the day!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Wow, a lot of work has gone into this! Well done :)

This town of Derry really seems like a crappy place to live!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Oh yeah and my father in law's name is Gabriel so in my head I have morphed into him playing this game. Thanks for that guys!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

morpheus_parkour_fail.gif?w=549

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Hhhmmm, Grocery shopping to do. Attend my nephews first birthday which bt looks of the day will involve 40 adults and kids cooped up in a couple of rooms looking out at a wet bounce castle. Spend quality time with wife and kids.

Oooooh, look at us with our "real lives" and fancy stuff.

I literally had no plans other than starting up a new toon in WoW.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    "Cujo" keep it down? I was trying to have a lie-in to catch up on all the sleep what I "Mist".
    Right, I'll post again later, first I have to drive to Old Bawn and Jobstown to meet a guy. That's right, it's the 'Tallaghts Man'.

I'll get me coat.

Your the bad dog in Cujo... Boom. Wolf 1
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Wow this looks great guys, really excited about this game.

I think I am taking a "shining" to it already :pac:

Just ignore me... "Carrie" on

Your jack Torrence wolf 2 ... Boom
    Gabriel WW wrote: »

Your surrounded by kids today .... Boom, there’s pennywise right there folks....

3 wolves in one post .... You are welcome grateful village ...

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Morning everyone. This is an unexpected early start. I kinda wished I had time to say goodbye to my family first. Oh well...

:D

How I feel about the game starting.

16atc1w.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Morning all, I see they went with a vanilla game in the end.

Since we're under the dome, I guess there will be no rain for the week, can get some gardening done.

OH HEY! NO TASKS! Dance party time!

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Was pleasantly surprised to see the PM this morning, was wondering what to do with myself. I am sure the family will survive without me for a bit. Managed to get breakfast in before the game started, so that is a good result... for them haha

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Your jack Torrence wolf 2 ... Boom

Jack isn't a wolf. He's the Langolier who cleans up the past and any lazy susans who fall behind. And it's "you're".

But the village thanks you for your... uh... Contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

And real life has been sucked away... Just like that.... Puff..

Game looks good, great job mod team.

You've got maiL

Right here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

New werewolf has me in a glass case if emotion. Goodbye social and work life, cos outside of this nothing else matters

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Im gonna need some hard drugs to participate in this game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Abigail WW wrote:
    New werewolf has me in a glass case if emotion. Goodbye social and work life, cos outside of this nothing else matters

If there's emotion?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

OH HEY! NO TASKS! Dance party time

I throughly look forward to Day 1 ten posts in and the inevitable “that post was a task”.Followed by “there’s no fcuking tasks it’s in the op”. “Yeah it’s a task.”

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Hi all, earlier than expected open to the game. Will be later before I can spend some time getting my head around it. Chat among yourselves in the meantime

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Morning all, I see they went with a vanilla game in the end.

Since we're under the dome, I guess there will be no rain for the week, can get some gardening done.

Pope could use a Dome today.

Wait.....no rain, no water?? We will die of thirst!! (if not horribly murdered first)

Derry WW wrote: »
    Morning all. So I'm Derry. Living in Derry. Because the game set up wasn't complicated to begin with.

No Londonderry so confirmed village here for me.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I throughly look forward to Day 1 ten posts in and the inevitable “that post was a task”.Followed by “there’s no fcuking tasks it’s in the op”. “Yeah it’s a task.”

Task?

• Advertisement

Lads, just remember to pick up the ****ing horn a the start or we'll have to do this all again next week.

Advertisement