Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst thing you did as a kid?

Options
  • 25-10-2019 2:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Parents used to be super obsessed with healthy eating and buy junk food every Friday so I made sure to flush as much untasty food down the toilet and throw it in the bin so they'd have to buy some junk food.

Glad they don't know..lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Told my younger siblings Santa wasn't real after I had a row with my folks...always regretted that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sounds like your parents only wanted the best for you.

Maybe when you’re a little older and wiser you’ll realise this, and the sacrifices they have made for you, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I ran through a wheat field.
    tenor.gif?itemid=11911966

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Ate seagull sh*te off the ground thinking it was chewing gum. I used to pick old chewing gum off embedded into the ground and eat it ffs. Ah the 80s...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Took the milkman's horse and cart in to the next street, while he was talking at a neighbour's door, and then 'helped' him look for it in the opposite direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

frag420 wrote: »
    Told my younger siblings Santa wasn't real after I had a row with my folks...always regretted that one!

If they were quite young, they probably didn’t believe you. I remember in second class, an older, bratty kid told us all that Santa wasn’t real and we collectively didn’t believe her. We were all like “Of course he’s real!” because we were all still totally convinced that he was and that she was misinformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Sounds like your parents only wanted the best for you.

Maybe when you’re a little older and wiser you’ll realise this, and the sacrifices they have made for you, OP.

Buzz Killington over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i nearly burned down a school

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Went to see Dennis the menace in the cinema and came home and decided to make nanny a special drink of floor washing up liquid, bleach and God knows what else thankfully I didnt kill her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Starting fires used to be my favourite past time. Used to rob 8p from the trocaire box for a box of matches and carry tissue paper which served 2 purposes; helped with starting fires and when stuffed in to the match box it would stop the recognisable rattle of matches in my pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

jiltloop wrote: »
    Starting fires used to be my favourite past time. Used to rob 8p from the trocaire box for a box of matches and carry tissue paper which served 2 purposes; helped with starting fires and when stuffed in to the match box it would stop the recognisable rattle of matches in my pocket.

Spot the rich lad a full box of matches....two freindly matches and a smoke for 8p when I was a boy.

Advertisement