Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get left4dead?

Options
  • 31-01-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere that is cheaper to buy left4dead PC than Steam? I'd love to play this title but I just can't justify €44 on it. Methinks Valve will have to lower their prices for digital downloads in this economy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

play.com?

hell, you may even find it for 40 in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Picked up the last copy they had in Xtra Vision in Artane Castle. It was €30. I'd suggest contacting your local branch to check their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Well, I think I can help ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214326&page=46

Scroll down and keep reading. Some positive reports there, I haven't used them myself, but it seems that site is selling L4D keys for just under €12. I'll stress, I haven't used them, so I can't personally vouch for them, but there are a few people on that thread who DID and had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I may try buy a key for a game , just for pigiron, to see if it actually works.

Worth the 12euro risk tbh, if it means all my games will be that cheap from now on, you'd already have saved by your 2nd purchase :D

Just hope their original keys...hopefully a "Serial Key in use" error wont show :P

I'll try it later tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hmm I decided to go for it. Paid my €12, got the order confirmation, paypal receipt and was informed my key will be emailed. I'm still waiting...! Others are saying they got it instantly?

• Advertisement

I think you're supposed to get a page after payment is confirmed, that shows the key (check your history). They're meant to e-mail it too (and double check the trash in case it's seen as spam).

Valve can get their knickers in a twist over this and disable keys bought from other regions, but I don't see how it would apply to Europeans if the site is in Poland.

koneko wrote: »
    I think you're supposed to get a page after payment is confirmed, that shows the key (check your history). They're meant to e-mail it too (and double check the trash in case it's seen as spam).

Valve can get their knickers in a twist over this and disable keys bought from other regions, but I don't see how it would apply to Europeans if the site is in Poland.

When I completed the transaction there was no key on the last page, just a message in poor english saying it is not available and it will be emailed to me. It's not in the spam folder either. I've emailed them three times, no reply. And I was hoping to play this over the weekend :(

I guess I've just been ripped off by €12. It was my own fault, I took the chance. Live and learn.

Haven't seen any other negative reports, could be he's just getting a LOT more requests at the moment since this is getting some attention on various forums.

Hmmmmm, though im more wary now i think i will still try this.
    Hopefully they sort you out :)

Let us know how you get on - and if the key is shown at the end of the transaction - because mine wasn't!

Also...what email did the paypal go to?

• Advertisement

UPDATE: I just got the key via email. I guess they were busy.

Going to install now, I'll update the thread later!

All working great. Interesting game! I'll have a proper play tomorrow. It really pushes my macbook pro to the limit, even on medium/low settings!

Thumbs up for G2play!

excellent news :D:)

What, no thank yous for my post? ;)
    Glad it's working, might have to use this to get more friends playing this kickass game.

Gave ye 2 thanks :P...hope it makes ye feel better and loved :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

If you aren't in a huge rush, wait for one of the steam specials (fairly frequent). Generally after a game has been out 3-4 months they knock it down slightly. It's been out a while now x.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Is there any L4dead demo out? Found a few references to one, but can't see it on steam or find it anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

MOH wrote: »
    Is there any L4dead demo out? Found a few references to one, but can't see it on steam or find it anywhere

There was but it was removed when the full game came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

MOH wrote: »

€12, do it, you don't need to eat today, and when you get the game you may stop eating anyway....... that's a load of money saved....

€12, do it, you don't need to eat today, and when you get the game you may stop eating anyway....... that's a load of money saved....

Maybe doctors should reccomend it to ppl who are obese ?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nice one, iv been looking for L4d on the cheap :pac:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thanks Elessar and KoNeko Zombie ;) for your helpful posts. Took the plunge, bought/installed the game and it's working fine for now. Hopefully this G2play crowd run a respectable business and there are no issues with these keys down the line.

BTW - my L4D key was displayed on the G2play site at the end of the transaction. I haven't had to check my Email yet - hopefully it's a different key! :D

g2playl4dfakeypu2.th.png

One of my clanmates also bought it from that site today.
    Works perfectly :D

Great job with the post

Pity i didnt know earlier...wouldve saved me 170 quid from buyin 4 copies :P

Niiice. Glad it's working out for people, tempted to buy some as gifts now.
    Fingers crossed that Valve don't disable the keys, but I can't really see how they would since they're European.

Another clanmate just bought it...however hes getting the error

"You cannot register keys on this account" when he tries to activate in STEAM :eek:

So he's uninstallin and reinstallin STEAM atm, obviously its not the CD key as he hasnt reached that part of the process, not heard of this error though , searchin didnt turn up much either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Cool i payed 45 or so to steam, 12 euro is class!

Will it still be in the steam game list in your account?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Another clanmate just bought it...however hes getting the error

"You cannot register keys on this account" when he tries to activate in STEAM :eek:

So he's uninstallin and reinstallin STEAM atm, obviously its not the CD key as he hasnt reached that part of the process, not heard of this error though , searchin didnt turn up much either

Fixed by reinstalling STEAM

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks a million, Koneko.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Fnz wrote: »
    Thanks Elessar and KoNeko Zombie ;) for your helpful posts. Took the plunge, bought/installed the game and it's working fine for now. Hopefully this G2play crowd run a respectable business and there are no issues with these keys down the line.

BTW - my L4D key was displayed on the G2play site at the end of the transaction. I haven't had to check my Email yet - hopefully it's a different key! :D

Might not be such a good idea to put up you cd key :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Might not be such a good idea to put up you cd key :confused:
    I believe it's locked to his steam account now so anyone else using it would be pointless.

Advertisement