Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I aint bringing mine in that'd be effort and no one told us to we were given them back and told it was fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

so if i see everyone else bringing them in tommorow will i ask the the teacher in the school who is running the exams as a whole?to get it from the science lab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jack Groarke

Yeah im talkin bout ye're mandatory experiments copy

Why wouldn't you get the 10% though? Like I ticked all the boxes on the experiments thing... Thought that was the 10% cause it's not like they check the experiments...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Gawd im confused i ticked no boxes =S my science teacher is crap we have been reading out of a book all year and havent done any experimanens execpt for the 2 ones you did for 25%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jack Groarke

My science teacher told us that we put them in a little pocket in this folder that also has our investigations in it. They just check to see whether you're telling the truth or not. sure if yer teacher told u its fine then its not yer fault so theyd probably give you the marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Exam done in 43 minutes. All spaces filled. No blanks. Two questions I couldn't answer (one on chromosomes, one on the Hoffman Voltameter). Everything else is as far as I know it, correct. Junior Cert science in need of reform? hell yes :rolleyes:
    I know I'm probably not alone on this front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lolzNato

Colm! wrote: »
    Exam done in 43 minutes. All spaces filled. No blanks. Two questions I couldn't answer (one on chromosomes, one on the Hoffman Voltameter). Everything else is as far as I know it, correct. Junior Cert science in need of reform? hell yes :rolleyes:

have to agree ! left at about 10:30, that exam was an insult to my intelligence :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ChasingDreams.

Colm! wrote: »

Well done! Was that Higher Level?

What was the question on Chromosomes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

What are they made of or something answer was DNA and protein :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lolzNato

kevin12345 wrote: »
    What are they made of or something answer was DNA and protein :D

craaap i wrote DNA and iron :pac: lol so close

It wasn't too bad could have been worse some of the questions were a bit weird but still all grand! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

That was alright!
    I haven't done any study for any exams so far, I've been very lucky so far with what has come up and this paper suited me as well! :D
    Oh and I left at 10:50, could have left earlier but I didn't want to seem like one of the slow people leaving after a few minutes!

DylanS09 wrote: »
    That was alright!
    I haven't done any study for any exams so far, I've been very lucky so far with what has come up and this paper suited me as well! :D
    Oh and I left at 10:50, could have left earlier but I didn't want to seem like one of the slow people leaving after a few minutes!

Exact same with me left at 10:50 finished at 10:20 just read over things! Found it very easy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

I also forgot to bring in my experiment copy! WE were never asked for it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

I really really really should have studied :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Not too bad a paper. A few questions I wasn't sure of but I took an educated guess. I also eventually realised that some of them were staring me in the face.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

Very impressed and at ease with that paper, had my concerns beforehand about failing but am quietly confident now of an Honour in that subject. It was a great paper to end my set of exams on for this week, great confidence boost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

that was really easy! my teacher said it was the easiest jc science exam in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 schtroumpf94

ok everyone, don't forget your hardbacks tomorrow!:p

We had to hand those up before Easter, with our finished investigations :l The school kept all of them in boxes so we wouldn't lose them xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

That exam was so easy. Answered every question and pretty sure all my answers are right. As Colm said, Junior Cert science is in need of reform. That was too easy.

I wouldn't run with the idea of reform.. In fairness we seemed to get lucky today. Any past papers I done (or even the Mock) were quite difficult. I reckon the course as the minute is fine but the textbooks could do with condensing a lot of the ****e down... 300 Pages of Science at JC Level is a bit of a Joke in my opinion... The Paul Cooke Revision book from Celtic Press reduced the course to a mere 60-80 Pages, a great tool for JC Science & has enough course content to get you an Honour in the subject. The condension of the experiments he offers is priceless. Should be distributed across all schools in Third Year for Revision me thinks :D

I wouldn't run with the idea of reform.. In fairness we seemed to get lucky today. Any past papers I done (or even the Mock) were quite difficult. I reckon the course as the minute is fine but the textbooks could do with condensing a lot of the ****e down... 300 Pages of Science at JC Level is a bit of a Joke in my opinion... The Paul Cooke Revision book from Celtic Press reduced the course to a mere 60-80 Pages, a great tool for JC Science & has enough course content to get you an Honour in the subject. The condension of the experiments he offers is priceless. Should be distributed across all schools in Third Year for Revision me thinks :D
    I found the mock and past papers easy as well.

My book has 380, I flicked through it all last night, learning only what was highlighted. Most of book id unrequired.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

I thought that was a really good paper. Not easy as in "don't need to study easy".. But if you did study it was a breeze. Which I did. :cool:

What percentage is the Coursework B worth?

I thought that was a really good paper. Not easy as in "don't need to study easy".. But if you did study it was a breeze. Which I did. :cool:

What percentage is the Coursework B worth?

25% for the project and 10% for the experiments so 35% in total :)

Fullmarks in Coursework B well earn you 25%, and 10% for Coursework A (Experiments Book)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aabbccddeeff

For the green lab books did we have to tick something or do we just do the experiments and hand it up?.....i already have it handed up but didnt tick anything..??

For the green lab books did we have to tick something or do we just do the experiments and hand it up?.....i already have it handed up but didnt tick anything..??

You didn't tick anything if the project booklet to say you did the experiments. I'm sorry to say if you didn't, that's 10% gone, it happened in my school before :(

You didn't tick anything if the project booklet to say you did the experiments. I'm sorry to say if you didn't, that's 10% gone, it happened in my school before :(
    Ya, I think Kevin's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

25% for the project and 10% for the experiments so 35% in total :)

In that case, I think I got an A. :D

Advertisement